Cover image for Amplify

85% Recommend to a Friend
99% Approve of CEO

Found 364 of over 473 reviews

4.1
Amplify Chief Executive Officer Larry Berger (no image)
Larry Berger

What people are saying about Amplify

Join the conversation on

Teachers

201.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Amplify~689638
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Some great people and a worthwhile mission to use technology in education.(in 61 reviews)
  • "Amplify provided a very flexible work from home policy which was great for work/life balance.(in 29 reviews)
  • "Great culture and commitment to excellence(in 21 reviews)
  • "Oh, and the pay is good.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Positive work environment and openmindedness(in 12 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Amplify and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent culture

Dec 5, 2022 - Customer Success Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is evident that Amplify cares about its employees and the students and teachers whom their products and services are for.

Cons

Many positions thoroughout Amplify are Contract roles that are very seasonal in nature.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An Amazing Place to Work!

Nov 22, 2022 - Business Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Amplify for just over three months and am loving it! This is the best job I have ever had, and I feel so thankful to work for such an amazing company. My manager is wonderful, understanding, personable, and a great leader. I feel heard, trusted, and appreciated at Amplify. It's so nice to be treated like a professional by management, and to not be micromanaged. I have the best work/life balance I've ever had in my life. The company offers unlimited PTO and they really do encourage you to take it. The benefits are excellent as well. The pay for my role is great and competitive for the market. I feel blessed to work here and I never get the Sunday scaries anymore which is great :)

Cons

I really don't have any complaints so far. I wanted to wait several months before posting anything on here to really get a feel for the company, but again, no complaints as of now.

3. Join the Amplify team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast Growing Company which is Good and Bad

Nov 15, 2022 - Support Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Strong Team Based Environment, Great Folks - Very Flexible Work Environment, - Unlimited PTO - Love the noble work, truly helping education field

Cons

- Wear a lot of hats without proper recognition or acknowledgement - Not very competitive pay in Support versus other departments/companies - Company tends to make kneejerk decisions without considering long-term implication and effect of the staff. - Going into Call Center approach which promotes subpar support and will ultimately drive attrition in the long run.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company. Good team.

Nov 17, 2022 - Test Engineer in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance. Good hours. Everyone is really friendly. Working as Test Engineer. I am able to work remotely all 5 days of the week.

Cons

Cant think of any cons.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Lack of culture and consistent process

Nov 26, 2022 - Associate Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, competitive product in the EdTech industry

Cons

Unstable. Lack of consistent structure/documented process, communication between departments, and sense of community/culture.

7. 5.0

Great Company

Nov 1, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is so supportive and kind! The culture is unlike any company I have worked for. People actually enjoy working here.

Cons

Most work is remote. You have to be self motivated.

8. 5.0

A good company

Oct 25, 2022 - Tier 3 Technical Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has done well and likes to promote from within.

Cons

The company is growing very fast, and there's not enough QA and user testing of products.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good peers, terrible management

Oct 18, 2022 - Literacy Tutor in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

The job is fun and working with kids is fulfilling. Management used to be great, and we used to have a semblance of a relationship with our managers. There are days when I really love working here, when I have really great lessons, or when management seems to be better-than-terrible.

Cons

Communication from management is the worst I've ever seen. A few years ago when the team was smaller, we all had personal relationships with leadership and everyone loved their jobs. Now, management is ultra-robotic, they will only reply to you in corporate-speak, and you feel like only a number. The curriculum for the younger kids is so terrible that we have to buy our own reading materials to go over with them. Try sitting a kindergartener in front of a black and white pdf of a story where literally nothing happens, in a classroom of 40 kids overseen by a single teacher. Not gonna happen. I have seen other tutors literally showing their students a single YouTube video of the alphabet song and that is the entire class. For all of the talk about how leadership is engaged with teachers and is conducting observations and feedback sessions, I wasn't observed but maybe two times all of last year. No feedback on how my lessons are going. No feedback on what I could do better. We never know when our school year is going to start. We get a ridiculous amount of breaks throughout the year - not Amplify's fault - but last year, we were promised "beginning of September" as the start to the school year. September rolls around, "two more weeks". Two more weeks rolls around, "MID-OCTOBER". Luckily I save money during the school year, and was able to juuuust skate by and not have to pick up another job. I'm certain there are other tutors at Amplify who aren't able to do that, and to move the goalposts on the order of 6 weeks of lost pay for us is incredibly unfair. Just this year, we were actually told mid-October would be our starting date. Then, the FRIDAY BEFORE THE SCHOOL YEAR STARTS, we are told that most of our classes are actually starting on November first? Or is it tomorrow? Or is it two weeks from now? Or do we not have the green light yet, but we'll send you a Slack message on one of the 15 channels we have open to let you know whether or not we're starting with this school, or just to tell you that we have no idea when this school will start? Don't worry, just check this email that has what is possibly the worst-looking and most-confusing chart I've seen in my life. If you're looking for upward mobility, look elsewhere. I have no idea what even the pipeline to promotion is. However, they did give us a dollar raise last year, which was genuinely appreciated. I doubt it will happen again this year. Ultimately, the terrible way that Amplify is managed makes me feel like we are truly a leech on the school system.

2 people found this review helpful

Amplify Response

Communications

Thank you for taking the time to write Amplify a review on Glassdoor. It is important to us to hear what we are doing well and how we could improve. We understand there have been many changes as we continue to grow. As an organization, we are working thoughtfully and intentionally to do what is best for our employees and the students and educators that we serve. We will share your feedback with the appropriate teams.

10. 5.0

Would recommend!

Oct 18, 2022 - Product Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and amazing people!

Cons

Complicated leadership team and hierarchy.

11. 1.0

Inmates running the asylum

Sep 24, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work with some great reps that are smart and care about education.

Cons

Ridiculous VP’s are tolerated. Steal ideas from their team and put them up as their own. They do nothing but then put on a good show for sr leadership. Sr leadership knows but won’t do anything about it. Also, B2S is as a joke again this year after huge promises made last year at sales meeting. A sale meeting where top management back slapped one another for a successful year overcharging schools for curriculum. Least I got paid.

Amplify Response

Communications

Thank you for taking the time to write Amplify a review on Glassdoor. It is important to us to hear what we are doing well and how we could improve. We will share your feedback with the appropriate teams.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 364 Reviews
</>Embed

Amplify Reviews FAQs

Amplify has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 473 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Amplify to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Amplify employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Amplify. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

85% of Amplify employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Amplify 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Amplify to be benefits, culture, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Amplify Job Seekers