Amplitude Analytics Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Amplitude Analytics Co-founder, CEO Spenser Skates
Spenser Skates

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There's a great sense of shared purpose, and people are always willing to help out in areas that don't necessarily fit their job description" (in 4 reviews)

• "It's very much the same team, same dream mentality and everyone is always willing to lend a hand" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Typical growing pains that come in a fast-paced start-up but the numerous pros heavily outweigh any cons" (in 13 reviews)

• "The work life balance can be tricky when things get hectic, but Amplitude allows for a very flexible schedule so that makes up for it" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Surpassing my high expectations"

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, product, and clearly defined path of where we’re heading as an organization is like nothing I’ve been a part of. Spenser on down there is a focus on scaling our culture to build a successful company for the long term. The support, communication, and openness to experiment brings a new purpose to what we accomplish as a team. As a fairly new employee the experience has exceeded my lofty expectations.

Cons

We are maturing as an organization and with that comes change.

Advice to Management

We are just scratching the surface of what we can accomplish together. Keep setting the example of what a building a great company the right way can look like.

2. "Soon-to-be unicorn that actually walks the walk"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you've worked in startups, then you've heard it all before -- flowery, pie-in-the-sky promises of a fantastic company culture that sound great on paper, but inevitably disappoint.

Amplitude actually walks the walk. The culture here is unreal, and management is laser-focused on keeping it intact even as Amplitude doubles in size year-over-year. Their goal is simple: find new hires that up-level the team and exemplify growth mindset, humility, and ownership.

While the talent here is truly impressive, there's also a level of emotional intelligence and empathy across teams that I haven't seen at other companies. People are open, and honesty is encouraged.

Amplitude has vision and conviction. Leadership takes every opportunity to communicate that vision to the broader team. At least once per week we have a company-wide All Hands meeting, where a member of the leadership team shares what's working, what isn't, and where we're headed -- and a handful of employees share exciting updates, too.

Cons

No 401k matching... but stock options ain't too shabby ;)

Advice to Management

Continue to be unflagging in your hiring standards

"Good Company, Good Product, Good Vibes"

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible PTO, good people and a lot of growth about to happen

Cons

Typical startup stuff - understaffed, overworked, all that.

Advice to Management

Resist becoming a sales-led company.

"Startup that has exceeded my expectations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been here for a little over two years now and this is still the smartest group of people I have ever worked with. Things are almost always in flux, as with any startup, but leadership clearly has a vision of where we're trying to go.
    There's a huge emphasis on cross-team collaboration; sales people are helping to build marketing collateral, product managers and engineers love to jump on sales calls to lend a hand, and the CEO knows everyone's name on their first day.
    We've grown from <50 when I started to nearly 250 employees now and while it's harder to know everyone's name, Ampliteers are still such a friendly, hard working group of people that are always willing to stop what they're doing to see how they can help.
    I really love the flexibility the company and managers offer to the people here. We have unlimited PTO and the freedom to work from home/handle things in our personal lives whenever we need to. The managers I have had have trusted me to get my work done, whether it means doing it from my desk, doing it from home, or doing it in one of our remote offices.
    I've had the chance to travel both domestically and internationally to represent the company at conferences, I'm encouraged to make time for coffee with people/leaders from other departments to maintain strong relationships, and it's clear that the work I've put in has had a tangible business impact on the growth of the company. The work is definitely challenging, especially as we grow and our goals get more ambitious, but I would recommend this company with no reservations.

Cons

We're still a growing company, and most things that we're doing these days are things that we're doing for the first time. For plenty of roles there's not as much hands-on guidance that you'd see with larger companies. This can be a great thing if you like defining processes, but it can be make for a bit of a learning curve if you're not used to paving your own path.
    Amplitude is also a fairly technical product, so if you're not coming in with experience in the analytics industry, it might take a while to get up to speed on what we do and how we do it differently from others in the space.

Advice to Management

A huge selling point with the company is the flexibility offered to almost every role. As the company grows it can be hard to maintain giving everyone the freedom to work from home, take the PTO they need, keep the work/life balance strong. We do this really well, let's just make sure we don't forget about it as we grow!

"Humble Team Players, Amazing Product, High Impact Work"

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Low-ego employee-base with NO shortage of high-impact work to do. Everyone is genuinely grounded in the company morals of ownership, humility, and growth.

I'm surrounded by ambitious coworkers who are both excited about getting the work done and equally ready to laugh and enjoy the ride. I feel supported and encouraged every single day.

I feel so lucky to be a part of this team, and I can't wait to grow my career here.

Cons

We're moving fast! I'm so impressed by the way everyone is currently able to juggle priorities; I'm looking forward to the build-out of more employee resources to sustain the amazing culture we've built thus far.

"Once in a lifetime experience"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Top quality leadership
    - Heavy investment in developing employees
    - Transparent organization from the top down
    - Great culture, heavy collaboration across every function
    - Best in class product, happy customers, great brand

Working at Amplitude has been everything I hoped it would be when I originally decided to join and more. Our CEO, Spencer, genuinely cares about his people and has demonstrated that to me personally since my first week here. Every decision that is made at Amplitude is well thought out and articulated to the entire company. Working at Amplitude has not only helped me become better at my own job, but also at decision making in general and understanding the intricacies of every facet of a business.

Cons

Workload can be a lot, but it's possible to find a good balance.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the right people and treating your people well.

"Genuinely amazing place to work - caring, challenging, curious people"

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Caring and inspiring leadership team
    Innovation product in a fast-growing market
    Brilliant, low-ego teammates
    Great perks and lots of personality

Cons

Can feel chaotic because of fast growth and agile culture

8. "Amazing Place to Work! Wonderful People! Ownership!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people you will work with here are some of the best people in terms of friendliness and just general ability to work with. Engineers also have immense ownership over what you build.

Cons

The team is going through some growing pains

9. "Sr Strategic Account Executive"

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time

Pros

Amazing people, culture and product, best company I have worked for.

Cons

No Cons or downsides at Amplitude.

10. "Never thought work could be this great"

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A Product lead company, that knows a thing or two about systematic growth. With the most humble and smart people you will ever meet. A CEO who truly cares about you and is a visionary. Empowered, logical, transparent culture that loves ownership and velocity . The company cares about impact and gives you the autonomy to deliver it. Not to mention that you get to spend all day helping build better products.

Cons

None that I can think of. Have you ever been in a room with too many smart, humble and nice people? That is not for everyone. But It is definitely for me.

Advice to Management

Scale your culture and values and magic will continue to happen.