Amplitude Analytics Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Amplitude Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Had a great time and worked with a great team!

Cons

Not much to say here

"Surpassing my high expectations"

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, product, and clearly defined path of where we’re heading as an organization is like nothing I’ve been a part of. Spenser on down there is a focus on scaling our culture to build a successful company for the long term. The support, communication, and openness to experiment brings a new purpose to what we accomplish as a team. As a fairly new employee the experience has exceeded my lofty expectations.

Cons

We are maturing as an organization and with that comes change.

Advice to Management

We are just scratching the surface of what we can accomplish together. Keep setting the example of what a building a great company the right way can look like.

3. "Even more amazing than what I thought"

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time

Pros

I've been pleasantly surprised each day at work at how much I'm enjoying my time here. I'm surrounded by an amazing community where everyone's friendly and intellectually bright. The benefits are amazing even when contrasted next to top SF standards. It is very fast-paced so it's not for those who prefer a mundane, repetitive day. If you're hungry to learn and grow, this is definitely a place where you can find success.

Cons

None at the moment. Amplitude is growing quickly-- w/ this in mind, make sure to invest in teams that need the investment & continue to reward those who make critical contributions to the overall organization and team.

"A-player organization that will go public"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Amplitude Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

These are some of the smartest people in software I've ever seen. They work hard, they work smart, and everyone executes at a high level. The CEO is a curious guy who seems to be getting great advice from his mentors and making excellent decisions related to recruiting and delegation.

Product and engineering ship releases at lightning speed, and customer retention is airtight. Mostly everyone in sales does well given that they are selling best-in-class solution. If you've worked in other startups and were the best in room at what you did, you might be average at Amplitude. I was impressed with the quality of work that everyone did there. Food perks, location, and office vibe are great.

Cons

Culture is not as transparent as they emphasize. There are a handful of people in management on the GTM/customer side that are legacy hires or yes-men that could/should be replaced with people that have more experience.

These cons shouldn't outweigh anyone considering working here. Beware the lower level sales management, and figure out why people got let go in the past to avoid making similar mistakes.

Advice to Management

Enjoy the ride to $100m.

"Analytics Strategist"

Current Employee - Analytics Strategist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Analytics Strategist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

BEST COMPANY I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Senior Leadership is super open to feedback and scaling the company. So many outside resources are utilized to build out the company's success!

-Commuter Benefits (Lyft Credits)

-Wellness Stipend

-Cellphone Stipend

-Lots of company & team events

-Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner (M-F)

Cons

NONE, there are no cons. Company truly knows what they're doing!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I've never been so honored to be a part of such a great company that is truly changing the world!

"Fast Growing Company with Great People"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Super smart people who really care about creating a great product (and use it extensively within the company)
    - Everyone is focused on solving customer pain
    - Cooperative environment. People get along and collaborate
    - Great office
    - Catered Lunch & Dinner every day
    - Unlimited vacation (and people actually use it)
    - Weekly all-hands with the founders
    - Lots of transparency

Cons

- Typical growing pains for a startup
    - Starting to feel a bit hierarchical and top down (a lot of management has been hired in recently)
    - Hours are fairly long (but not ridiculous)

Advice to Management

Try to empower employees to take more ownership as the company grows.

"Great opportunity at a growing company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've never seen a company with so much talent and so little ego. I learn new things almost every day at work - and I have autonomy to pursue projects that I'm interested in as long as they're beneficial to the company in some way. There's a lot of cross-functional interaction so you really feel like you're part of a family - not just a team.

Cons

The expectations are pretty high and with the headcount additions there are some growing pains - but those aren't huge cons, just by-products of works at a company at our stage.

Advice to Management

Keep it up : )

"Great team, great product"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We've managed to not just maintain our culture, but even improve it as we've grown. People love our product and what we're building. Everyone at the company is driven and wants to help continue to build a world-class team, culture, product and brand.

Cons

Depending on your expectations and needs, maintaining a great work-life balance can be a challenge. The good thing is management offers a lot of flexibility and is supportive.

Advice to Management

Don't stop working on maintaining a great culture as we grow.

9. "Sales Development Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best people you can work with. Incredibly driven and talented people that are competitive but want to see others around them succeed.

Cons

The best part about Amplitude is how driven the whole team is. This makes Amplitude not the place to work if you are looking to skate by doing the bare minimum.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Seriously impressive scaling of culture and values at a great company"

I have been working at Amplitude Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've interviewed and worked at plenty of companies that tout values such as 'amazing culture' or 'integrity' or 'transparency', but this is genuinely the first company that I've seen hold true to them. Amplitude is extremely cognizant of the company culture, and everyone'e strengths are leveraged to the fullest, no matter where they sit on the 'corporate ladder'. The org is very flat and democratic, and advocates for input from everyone, so you feel like it's really your company; the team's success is your success.

Perks are top-notch, including paid lunch AND dinner, Lyft commute credit, wellness stipend, 401k, nice South Park location, $300 productivity stipend to spend on software/headphones/keyboards to make you more product, and the list goes on. The company is quite selective about hires, so they work hard to keep the employees they've brought on.

Leadership is smart and professional development is important (although mentorship on the sales team is less available until recently due to difficulty hiring a Director of Sales).

The product, itself, is best in class, and the entire company is highly product-oriented. They realize that success will stem from having a truly exceptional product and customer experience, and the product team maintain a relationship and ongoing touchpoints not just with other parts of the org, but with customers themselves.

I waited months to write this review because I figured there was no way this company was everything it looked from the outside, but after waiting for the other shoe to drop, I can safely report that this is a truly as exceptional as it seems.

Cons

Expectations from you require working long hours, but that's nothing new for a start up. You see your requisite growing pains, but the positives far outweigh the good here.

Advice to Management

You've done a wonderful job not just developing, but COMMUNICATING the vision for the product and the company. It's clear how important employee satisfaction and team culture is, which makes the team feel appreciated; keep it up!