Amtec Human Capital Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Amtec Human Capital CEO Scott Kuethen
Scott Kuethen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Outstanding place to work, but I'm biased"

I have been working at Amtec Human Capital full-time

Pros

Fantastic company culture that put its people first.

Cons

The company could grow more rapidly if they weren't so fanatical about maintaining their culture and values.

"Great Peeps.."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

I worked at Amtec Human Capital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Owner/Pres is a great guy... very personally involved with each of his team

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Chino Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Chino Hills, CA

I worked at Amtec Human Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very team-oriented, well-established company with loyal clients because they've been around forever. Worked here for three years as a Staffing Manager, and even during the recession, clients were quick to call us first because of long-established relationships. Great team, couldn't ask for better people to work alongside. Busy and growing, excellent pay and benefits, work life balance was a real thing!! Support/back office team was great as well. A lot of longevity here, and in a good way.

Cons

The CEO and VP both had a lot on their plates and were stretched thin, so there wasn't a lot of support for Staffing Managers. Because it's a small company there also isn't a lot of room for promotion, but I suppose that a truly ambitious person could come in and carve out their own place.

Advice to Management

Having more structure would be a good thing, as well as management taking a more active role in the day-to-day of what Staffing Managers are up to.

"They got me a job as a contractor and only fouled up my paycheck twice in 2 years, so not too bad."

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Portland, OR

I worked at Amtec Human Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They found me a job at a local manufacturer where I enjoyed working and paid better than my previous job.

Cons

They paid $12,000 less for similar work I had at that same manufacturer before and provided zero benefits, unlike the contractor I worked for previously. I heard from another employee who had worked for Amtec that they pay their contractors low, but if you want to negotiate with them, they will give you closer to what you deserve. Since the time the contract was over, they have done nothing to help me find another job.

Advice to Management

If you are going to put a Christian fish symbol on your paychecks, then act like it and pay the contractors what they deserve and at least pay for time off on Jesus's birthday.

5. "Great environment, great people, great culture!"

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Brea, CA

Pros

- Team-oriented environment
    - Humble managers
    - Unique process & pride in service/product
    - Flexibility with schedules, etc.
    - Company cruise for a great 2010

Cons

There are not many downsides. It can be tiring work, but the team is very supportive and friendly. Ownership makes it a very relaxed, family-friendly environment.

Advice to Management

They all do a great job of making their employees feel valued & appreciated. They are not above criticism, and have an open-door policy. Great job!

6. "Great place to start a career!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist
    Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist

I have been working at Amtec Human Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging environment, good training, positive environment.

Cons

none as of the moment.

7. "Beginner-friendly!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Marilao (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Marilao (Philippines)

I have been working at Amtec Human Capital (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training; structured and has lots of room for close mentoring. Great people and working environment; friendly and warm without being unprofessional. Open-door policy so it's easy to bring up concerns to management. Close ties with US office and team so it's easy tp keep track of each other's progress. Reasonable policies. Above-industry night differential. Fast response to applications. Good commission scheme!

Cons

No fixed salary increase scheme; all increases are merit-based, though that's actually a pro too as you can be sure that all increases are well-deserved and thought out. Small and intimate office so no special workplace perks (other than the really strong coffee!)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Continue being open to feedback and we'll become even better and stronger. Do increase pay more often and improve the commission system though as business has been really good this year anyway.