Amtel Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Ehab Sweis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The stores are such a fun environment (in 3 reviews)

• It's a great company to work for if you're into sales (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor communication from upper management (in 5 reviews)

• Training needs improvement especially on going (in 2 reviews)

1. "Past Employee"

I worked at Amtel full-time

Pros

Excellent Company to have been employed by.

Cons

No cons to list.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Go corporate!"

Current Employee - Sales in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Amtel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on your relationship with your managers schedule is flexible. Great way to get into wireless and learn some things about phones, plans and work on your customer service skills. My RSM is amazing and the ASM- pretty cool people they are there to help- lucky here.

Cons

Pay is not great at all. You are paid min wage! Go corporate instead you get paid more hourly and! commission. Commission at Amtel is not great especially if huge part is based off a store hitting a metric "team work"- horrible when many of your coworkers don't care and are just hanging out. Training needs improvement especially on going. Many of Amtel stores have bad customer service i am embrassed!

Advice to Management

Do not be afraid to fire those bad apples- lazy reps who are wasting time. For upper management- change the pay or match what corporate pays be competitive! You will always lose great sales people once they find out the difference in pay and always keep those who care less about the company.

3. "Proud and grateful to be part of the Amtel family!!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amtel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great cohesive environment to work in, opportunities for upper movement and growth. Have been given the opportunity to work in different markets and being able to share best practices with leaders. Come and join our growing family!!

Cons

Like everything in life, there’s always room for improvement on all levels. The more you invest the the people the more you will be able to accomplish. “ A strong foundation builds strong pillars”

4. "RSM"

Current Employee - RSM in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - RSM in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Amtel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great owners, insightful leadership and flexible schedules for retail. Complete ownership of my four walls.

Cons

Training, more often is absolutely needed at all levels. Continual education with all of the changes in this industry is a must!

"A company that cares about their employees."

I have been working at Amtel full-time

Pros

Fun environment, positive atmosphere
    Good compensation.

Cons

No negative input at this time.

Advice to Management

N/A

6. "Amazing Company and Owners"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amtel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company and it's owners continue to set the bar in retail for truly caring about their people, and the culture they are driving. I have personally seen them do the right thing multiple times for the people when it comes to commission and benefits. Having owners that listen to the field is something that is truly a rarity in the business world today, and I am proud and honored to say I work for a company that does!

Cons

I don't have a single con about this company.

7. "Great place to be!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Amtel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Never worked for a company where the owners show so much care for employees and the company. They are heavily involved and will actually listen to you if you have concerns, need advice or guidance. I have worked for 2 Corporate Wireless Carriers and never been treated better. I get out of this company what I put in to it.

Very healthy compensation package, but if you perform. This is a pay per performance position. Seen many people upset that they do not get paid well. Well.... if you do not perform, it's an hourly job.

Cons

Training needs to be a higher focus. Training department for new hires seems to be lacking. Leadership development seems to be lacking. These are two thing I think would need to be changed.

Advice to Management

Keep developing great leaders and motivating your people. Keep up the great work!

8. "Sales Representative"

I worked at Amtel full-time

Pros

Commission is okay if you know how to sell. T-mobile Co. keeps them in line about policy. My last manager was the best. Changed my perspective about the company.

Cons

District managers would always think highly on themselves. I think the demand was unrealistic to some stores based on traffic. I would work way too much and sell a lot in comparison to how i got payed. This franchise is ran by a family, so expect some checks to be pampered with cause they want their money for sure! I recommend corporate.

"Scamtel"

Current Employee - Management in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Management in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Amtel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Let’s see...I get paid on time most of the time. Most of the staffing is nice. That’s about it.

Cons

They call it Scamtel for a reason. Upper management will do anything to scam you out of your hard earned money. They make promises they never intend on keeping. Goals are constantly changing including mid month. Did I mention that they will do anything to scam you out of money?

Advice to Management

Stop changing the commission structure every 2 weeks. Live by your promises. Create a real training program for all employees including managers. Stop scamming employees out of money!!!

10. "Fantastic leadership that listens to frontline and pivots fast. Corporate atmosphere but a Family feel!"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Amtel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sky is the limit on commissions. If your hungry and want to make serious $$$ Amtel gives you that ability

Cons

Too many changes w promos and goals but it's based on Carrier changes. Could make you dizzy. Retail hours are retail hours love it or leave it

Advice to Management

Keep listening to Frontline and recognizing your People.