Find jobs for Engineering Intern III

Anadarko Petroleum Engineering Intern III Reviews

Updated May 17, 2020

Found 14 of over 457 reviews

5.0
Anadarko Petroleum President & CEO R. A. Walker (no image)
R. A. Walker
  1. 5.0

Amazing Opportunity

May 17, 2020 - GIS Analyst Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Atmosphere and environment. Pay was amazing and just the overall experience was awesome!

Cons

Well, it was bought out by Oxy, so I would assume it is not the same anymore.

2. 5.0
    Current Intern

Summer Internship 2017

Aug 14, 2017 - Landman Intern in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly intelligent people surrounding you everyday and ready to help. Good Environment and every employee I have spoken with enjoys their work.

Cons

None that I can think of

3. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Be an intern at Anadarko!

Aug 5, 2016 - Engineering Intern III in Vernal, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Field Experience Spend the first 20 days learning about different components about the industry and operations through a hands-on experience in the field. Project is worthwhile and meaningful The people are awesome. Other employees try very hard to incorporate you in both work and social settings Culture promotes collaboration, creative thinking, and challenging the status quo. Good pay for an intern Drive time to office very short

Cons

Only one other intern Smaller office Not having a company vehicle to ride to the field. Required tagging along with an engineer, foremen, or operator.

4. 5.0

Great internship program

Aug 1, 2016 - Accounting Intern III
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Real industry experience from day one - Great one on one training - Given full responsiblities and expected to ask the right questions in order to deliver well on projects/tasks - A lot of learning opportunities with the open door policy - Great culture and great people to work with - Well organized intership program - Good compensation

Cons

Was expecting more intern activities.

5. 5.0

Perfect Summer Internship

Aug 1, 2016 - ITS Intern III in The Woodlands, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Autonomy- You get an entire project that actually will be utilized by the company to yourself *Access- Nothing and no one is off limits. You can schedule meetings with managers and directors and really get to know the company from the inside out. *Training- No other internship provides as much hands on experience. *Culture- They love the interns and it shows. You will be spoiled! *Schedule- You can work a 9/80 schedule--> Every other Friday off!

Cons

*Out in the Woodlands- Long commute if you live in Houston and lots of traffic at the end of the day *Pay- Might be slightly lower (like 5-10%) than some big firms HOWEVER the bonus averages everything out. *Job opportunities- At this time, oil and gas is obviously low so hiring has taken a bit of a hit. HOWEVER, they are always seeking college hires and they do intend to hire at least a couple of people out of the intern groups every year.

6. 5.0

Engineering Intern III

Jun 15, 2016 - Engineering Intern III in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience, you will work hard but it is very rewarding. You will go home with a great work I. Knowledge of the oil field.

Cons

Limited housing options but intern bonus well covers the cost. Look for possible roommates or subletting as an option.

7. 5.0

Incredible Intern Experience

Aug 29, 2015 - ITS Intern III in The Woodlands, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great core values Awesome location Smart people Real-world projects Extremely competitive pay and benefits Small company feel while still being a generally large corporation Work/life balance is great with the 9/80 schedules

Cons

I found very few cons with being an intern at Anadarko. The only thing I would mention is the bureaucracy or working at a corporation. Your communications skills are generally valued much more than your technical skills

8. 4.0

Production Engineering Intern III

Sep 9, 2015 - Production Engineering Intern III
    Business Outlook

Pros

Anadarko is a great company that truly believes in their core values. They value their internship program and thus, even with the lack of experiece, you will be taken seriously. Anadarko boasts a great profile, only rivaled by majors.

Cons

There always seemed to be a disconnect between HR, University Relations, and my team. We (my team and I) never knew what was to be expected

9. 5.0

Reservoir Engineering Intern

Aug 3, 2015 - Reservoir Engineering Intern in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, my experience with APC has been fantastic. I have had the opportunity to work for other companies of various size, but APC surpassed them all. From the people and culture at work, to the applicable work projects, this experience has been one I recommend to any student looking for a fulfilling internship.

Cons

Overall, there is nothing really negative about the company. I have worked for other companies and this experience has surpassed all of my other experiences.

10. 5.0

Intern experience

Jul 31, 2015 - Reservoir Engineering Intern in The Woodlands, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are what makes this company special. There are definitely awesome benefits and ameneties (basketball court, 3 cafeterias, 3 gyms etc), but that's just the cherry on top. Every intern gets a real and potentionally impactful summer project...sometimes work can get stressful, but the mentors and team for each asset have all been extremely helpful and supportive.

Cons

Maybe too many presentations that can sometimes be more of a distration than valuable.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews