Anadarko Petroleum Reviews

Updated Dec 26, 2021

Found 361 of over 459 reviews

4.2
Anadarko Petroleum President & CEO R. A. Walker (no image)
R. A. Walker

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Legendary

Dec 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best place to work. Great benefits

Cons

No downsides to working at Anadarko.

2. 5.0

great place to work

Oct 4, 2021 - Software Engineer in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice people and great team spirit

Cons

poor management and lack of vision

3. 5.0

It was a good ride

Jun 30, 2021 - Senior Engineering Technician in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary and benefits like 401k match

Cons

Stressful deadlines, not enough support

4. 5.0

Great place to work

Jun 17, 2021 - Geologist in Midland, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Peoples there are amazing. It is a family type atmosphere Benefits Training Culture Compensation IT department Software

Cons

CEO Work life balance Upward mobility Career advancement Locations

5. 5.0

Excellent Place to Work

Jun 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company valued their employees. Great life balance and benefits.

Cons

Constant changes and bureaucracy typical corporate world.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work and make lasting relationships!

Dec 23, 2020 - Oil Rig Operator in Greeley, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quiet, private/secluded workplace away from prying eyes. I loved my job at Anadarko! The relationships I made there (and one in particular) changed my life forever, and truly set me on a completely different course than I ever anticipated. I loved that most of what I did there was outside, and it gave me an excuse to get out and get some fresh air, even in the middle of the night. They gave me a company vehicle to drive, and it really came in handy when I needed to haul personal items with or for my family. I pretty much had free reign of the property, and there was enough room on site to store personal items, as well. Even though some things came up in my personal life that led to my separation there, I don’t have anything but good memories of my time at Anadarko. I kind of regret the way I behaved my last day on the job, and I left some things behind that other people ended up having to clean up in my absence (literally and figuratively). It was kind of embarrassing, but it’s like no real big deal, I’m sure. For now, I’m staying busy and still working with some petroleum products. One day, I’m sure that that last day there will just be an old memory, and I can probably go back to Anadarko (now Oxy), if I ever move back to Colorado from my current residence in Wisconsin. I will be sure to bring my updated resume and hope for the best. I can’t wait to be back there, even though I hear that they removed my favorite oil batteries.

Cons

None, really, except that the narrow hatches on the oil batteries can make it a bit difficult to maneuver for some purposes.

7. 5.0

Excellent

Jan 11, 2021 - Operations Specialist in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and benefits. They rewards hard work and value their employees.

Cons

I can't think of any.

8. 4.0

Loved the company

Dec 13, 2020 - Master Electrician/E&I Tech in Corpus Christi, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Just a great place to work. Very enjoyable

Cons

The company was bought out by occidental petroleum.

9. 3.0

poor

Dec 11, 2020 - Team Leader in Jasper, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

was a good company at one time

Cons

let illegal things go on too long

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Best Company overall

Apr 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company was amazing to work for. It was large but felt like a family. Please genuinely cared about others and their work. They had some of the best over all benefits in the industry.

Cons

The company was just plagued with lawsuits and downturns. I think the biggest turning point was forcing the Midland office relocation.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 361 Reviews

Anadarko Petroleum Reviews FAQs

Anadarko Petroleum has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 459 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Anadarko Petroleum to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Anadarko Petroleum employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Anadarko Petroleum. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

81% of Anadarko Petroleum employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Anadarko Petroleum 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Anadarko Petroleum to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Anadarko Petroleum Job Seekers