Anadarko Petroleum Employee Reviews about "benefit"
85% would recommend to a friend
(165 total reviews)
R. A. Walker
62% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits that are hard to top." (in 69 reviews)
- "People on the team were great and always willing to bend over backwards to help." (in 37 reviews)
- "The pay is good it’s at or above industry standards." (in 31 reviews)
- "Work/life balance is great with the 9/80 schedules" (in 26 reviews)
- "Great culture, company values are repeated often" (in 15 reviews)
- "poor management and lack of vision" (in 16 reviews)
- "Upper management seemed disconnected from what was happening on the ground" (in 10 reviews)
- "Some bad managers here and there" (in 9 reviews)
- "Also, layoffs were handled extremely poorly." (in 7 reviews)
- "Terrible leadership and a lot of the business groups are disconnected." (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Anadarko Petroleum and is not affected by filters.
Found 165 of over 457 reviews
Updated Dec 7, 2022
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "benefit"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Jan 22, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeDenver, CO
Reasonable work loads Great benefits Fast paced and interesting
If you are not an engineer or working in a science oriented role you will find that there are two sides to this company... The differences in pay and benefits are truly astounding. When anything goes wrong accountability is nonexistent.5
- 5.0May 20, 2016Senior AuditorFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsConroe, TX
Benefits are amazing and the friendships will last a lifetime. APC is very good to its employees and the community
There is a lot of favoritism and promoting when there should be to deserving individuals. Upper management puts their head in the sand and doesn't realize what they really have.6
- 4.0Jan 2, 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Great benefits that are hard to top.
Terrible ever changing management that has limited sense of direction. Reorgs are a constant variable to work around.
- 3.0Aug 30, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
PTO is good, 9/80 schedule, reasonable pay, 401k matching, great facilities (office, gym, cafeteria), friendly culture, no micromanaging, Metro van subsidy, sometimes interesting work.
Lots of managers, limited ability to advance. Broken review process, some silos. No raises or promotions last year, stock based bonus eliminated. There were layoffs earlier this year. The company should implement paternity leave as a benefit if it truly cares about family and community.5
- 2.0Apr 23, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
9/80 schedule and solid PTO plan is great. The health benefits and 401K matching are also quite good relative to industry peers.
Hard work and brand loyalty is completely unappreciated and unrecognized. Also, high performers have actually gotten low balled on their salaries post-layoffs but have had to take on three times the workload of the many low performers who were given an outstanding severance. Seems kinda backwards to me. If those who stayed are "top performers" than you'd better start taking care of them.5
- 1.0Nov 28, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
None really come to mind other than that they pay fairly well and have decent benefits.
Management is detached and dishonest. Very much a “who you know in order to advance” company. Back-stabbing. Steer clear.3
- 5.0Jul 14, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsThe Woodlands, TX
Best company I have ever worked for. Excellent benefits and pension in the oil & gas industry
So many layers of managers, GM's, PS. The managers don't have a lot of freedom to get things done.