Anadarko Petroleum Employee Reviews about "people"
85% would recommend to a friend
(102 total reviews)
R. A. Walker
62% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and PTO." (in 70 reviews)
- "People on the team were great and always willing to bend over backwards to help." (in 37 reviews)
- "The pay is good it’s at or above industry standards." (in 26 reviews)
- "Work/life balance is great with the 9/80 schedules" (in 23 reviews)
- "Great culture, company values are repeated often" (in 15 reviews)
- "poor management and lack of vision" (in 15 reviews)
- "Upper management seemed disconnected from what was happening on the ground" (in 10 reviews)
- "Some bad managers here and there" (in 8 reviews)
- "Also, layoffs were handled extremely poorly." (in 7 reviews)
- "Terrible leadership and a lot of the business groups are disconnected." (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Anadarko Petroleum and is not affected by filters.
Found 102 of over 457 reviews
Updated Dec 7, 2022
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "people"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Aug 17, 2015DirectorCurrent EmployeeThe Woodlands, TX
They are driven to operate within their cash flow and are committed to their people which provides great security.
Subject to the ups abd downs for the commodity markets.
- 4.0Oct 24, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great work environment. Very clean accommodating offices. Fun and interesting people to work with. Fair compensation and work benefits. A team atmosphere where everyone contributes.
Unbalanced workload and personal time. Erratic and disruptive changes that don't make sense. Failure to integrate experienced personnel with new team members. Some lack of leadership in some departments.
- 5.0Jul 31, 2017LandmanFormer InternMidland, TX
The people you work with everyday are some of the best and brightest I've met. They want you to succeed in everyday aspects of work as well as leave with a wealth of knowledge. The culture at this company is one of the best with core values that are put in action, not just words on paper. All of the projects given to me were meaningful, everyday work my mentor and coworkers would be doing had I not been there. They were very open for my many questions but still trusted me to complete the work effectively and efficiently.
The housing out in Midland was hard to find and somewhat limited in options.1
- 5.0Aug 1, 2016Geoscience InternCurrent Intern, less than 1 yearThe Woodlands, TX
Relaxed work environment, plenty of opportunity for breaks. That latitude to work at your own pace makes it easy to get work done while you're in the office. People on the team were great and always willing to bend over backwards to help.
Offices were a bit warm at times, especially on Monday mornings. I had an interior office with no window, so it got pretty stuffy over the weekend with the A/C turned up.
- 4.0May 16, 2016GeologistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearThe Woodlands, TX
I worked with a lot of good people who were great at their jobs and committed. They also had incredible benefits.
When I started, management seemed more interested in drilling a lot of wells as fast as possible instead of figuring out the best way to drill them. Also, layoffs were handled extremely poorly.2
- 5.0Oct 25, 2017IOC OperatorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsEvans, CO
Secure job. Amazing benefits. Great scheduling. Coworkers are all great people that work hard and are reliable. The culture is one of the best in the industry!
Location. I don’t have anymore cons to mention. Now I am just writing words to satisfy the word requirement. Done
- 5.0Jul 10, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Everything at Anadarko was first class. The 9/80 work schedule was great, the benefits package was outstanding. With the downturn in oil, layoffs did happen but that is just the business.
Nothing. Anadarko was wonderful, there is nothing that would have made it any better. I hope that when oil goes back up the company grows and rehires people that were laid off.
- 5.0Aug 14, 2017Landman InternCurrent InternDenver, CO
Incredibly intelligent people surrounding you everyday and ready to help. Good Environment and every employee I have spoken with enjoys their work.
None that I can think of
- 5.0Apr 7, 2016Executive AssistantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearThe Woodlands, TX
Management is straightforward and upfront. There seems to be no hidden agendas. Benefits are tops. People are happy and awesome to work with. The company supports a healthy lifestyle and there are great facilities to help make that happen.
I haven't found any yet.