AndPlus Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Southborough, MA

I have been working at AndPlus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AndPlus takes care of it's employees. Good people-first mentality. Management is very approachable and willing to work with you. Great culture!

Cons

No cons so far and I've been here a year

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing.

Jan 2, 2019 – President & CEO

Thanks for your feedback! I love that you called out one of our core values: "people first." Please continue to approach me and other members of our management team with new ideas on how we can... More

2. "Most fulfilling job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

I have been working at AndPlus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership is open, honest, and really care about our opinions. The process is rigid but open to change if anyone has a great idea. The culture is diverse and continues to add more and more diverse backgrounds and experience. The CEO has really done a great job moving from the whirlwind that exists in the usual entrepreneur environments into a more sustainable, growth-first mindset. I love working here.

Cons

It's tough to say. We have more or less a meritocracy which allows even the earliest of professionals to contribute, but sometimes I think the people with more experience should speak up more. Our culture is super inclusive, which means everyone likes to hear everyone else out, but sometimes the most experience should lead even without the title.

Advice to Management

With growth, we may need to create mid-level managers soon. Self-organization has been awesome to date, but I want to make sure we continue to be heard as more bodies are added to the company.

Jan 2, 2019 – President & CEO

Thanks for your feedback! We will continue to explore ways we can offer more management support without losing our people-first culture. Let's continue to explore ways we can increase engagement and... More

3. "In Review"

Pros

Corroborative environment, which encourages personal growth and creates effective and empowered teams.

Cons

Sometimes an unclear divide between professional and personal time.

Dec 27, 2018 – President & CEO

We're sorry that you felt there was an unclear divide between professional and personal time. We work hard to monitor the number of billed hours per week to ensure our employees feel they have the... More

4. "Great Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Southborough, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Southborough, MA

I worked at AndPlus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Andplus was a pleasure, I had a great time and I learned so much from all that was around me. Developers have this camaraderie that is unsurpassable. I was able to make some great life long friends there and also exposed me to many different technologies. The company is growing steadily, and I expect the company to grow more in the coming years.

Cons

Because of the nature of the business, there are time that longer hours are expected. Also because the company is growing, sometimes there is just not enough PM's to manage all the projects. Its not all a bad thing, it just shows the company is growing in a rate that is faster than they can hire.

Advice to Management

Keep up the policy where employees get to move around and learn new things.

Dec 27, 2018 – President & CEO

We're glad you enjoyed being able to move around and learn new things on the vast number of projects we have in house and for our clients. I'm sorry you felt there were additional hours expected of... More

"Amazing environment to grow"

Former Employee - Front End Engineer in Southborough, MA
    Former Employee - Front End Engineer in Southborough, MA

I worked at AndPlus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Firstly, Andplus is happy to take a shot on a junior developer just starting out. But their interview process is thoughtful and no joke, so they do a good job separating the wheat from the chaff. You can be confident your co-workers are going to be reliable.

Secondly, management is very hands off on the technical side, giving full autonomy and paying full deference to the engineer's design recommendations and projections. The project managers are there to help interface with the clients and keep sprints organized, not nit-pick and micro-manage the technical work. Also, they are very good about time-boxing, so a healthy work-life balance is very easy to maintain.

Lastly, the environment is very friendly. Everyone is super helpful, fun, and positive for the most part (obviously sometimes a final sprint on a project can ratchet up the tension, but this is probably universal, and even in these cases, management has your back.)

The only reason I left is because I was given an offer I couldn't refuse by a company very close to home. And I would never have had this opportunity if not for the growth I was able to achieve with Andplus. Because of the positive atmosphere and the freedom to take on interesting technical challenges at my discretion, I learned an immense amount in just one year.

Cons

No work from home opportunities, but this is understandable. They want teams to be able to closely communicate and have a healthy rapport which is best fostered in person.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Dec 27, 2018 – President & CEO

Thank you for your review! Please stay in touch and let us know how your career is progressing. Best wishes going forward!

6. "Great company - awesome team - fun projects"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

I have been working at AndPlus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoy working with every one, every day
    Senior management knows what they're doing and are committed to employees
    Extreme flexibility, once you're on the team and you're a highly productive employee, work never gets in the way of life.
    Work life balance has really improved
    CEO cares about everyone at the company

Cons

Let's do more outings together

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Dec 27, 2018 – President & CEO

We'll work on getting more outings planned! Thanks for your feedback!

"A rewarding and challenging experience"

I have been working at AndPlus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging work that really gets you thinking hard.
    Fun coworkers that create a great culture.
    Diverse teams of different skill sets.
    Solid leadership that paves the way for great opportunities.

Cons

A little outside the city.

Dec 27, 2018 – President & CEO

Thank you for your feedback! We agree, our customers have provided us with a great opportunity for growth and challenging work that makes us better professionals, engineers, designers, and... More

"Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Project Portfolio Manager in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Project Portfolio Manager in Framingham, MA

I have been working at AndPlus (More than a year)

Pros

I can't say enough good things about working at AndPlus. Here's my top 5:

* Amazing company culture -- not only are we co-workers here, but we're friends as well.
    * Rapidly-growing firm
    * A great deal of of opportunity for personal and professional growth
    * Outstanding benefits -- our last company holiday party included luxury box seats for a Celtics game!
    * Senior management seems to really care about each employee

Cons

Not much to say here -- every once in a while there's a late night to wrap up some work for a client, but it's not a frequent problem. As one of the other reviewers mentioned, parking can be a pain sometimes, but the office is likely moving within the next 6-8 months.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture as great as it is now, and make sure that the new employees are as awesome as the current ones!

Dec 27, 2018 – President & CEO

Thank you for your feedback! We fixed the parking situation by moving to Southborough, as you know, and I can appreciate that there is a late night or two that happens occasionally when we're... More

"Fun, Fast Growing Software Development Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Framingham, MA

I have been working at AndPlus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's a great team culture at AndPlus. The people working here are extremely intelligent, helpful, funny, and passionate about their roles. The CEO is very transparent, fair, and is a really good person. I think employees are fairly compensated for the high quality, highly technical work they do. The company is continuously growing and hiring new employees, so the outlook in the near and far future looks extremely positive.

Cons

Sometimes parking sucks, but I think the company is moving in the near future. I honestly can't think of anything that is negative about working at AndPlus.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The employees love it here. The culture is great. The free snacks in the lunch room are plentiful and delicious. No complaints.

Dec 27, 2018 – President & CEO

Thanks for your feedback! Parking is fixed! And we will work to continue to be honest, transparent, and fair consistently going forward as we always have been.

"Good leadership, fun atmosphere"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Framingham, MA

I have been working at AndPlus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of freedom to learn, managers are available when needed but let the teams do the work. Really like running scrum for projects, and customers are helpful

Cons

Some customers expect work for free, but that happens everywhere

Advice to Management

None

Dec 27, 2018 – President & CEO

Thank you so much for your feedback. We think Scrum is definitely a great way to build software, and as you know, we continue to alter the process to make it create excellent client experiences as... More