Anderson Merchandisers Reviews | Glassdoor

Anderson Merchandisers CEO Bill Lardie
Bill Lardie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Part time position & have to use your own vechicle to travel" (in 35 reviews)

• "Company needs an overhaul they dont value there employees no work life balance" (in 14 reviews)

1. "Merchandiser"

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time

Pros

Very flexible schedule, great management and great staff

Cons

In some cases you may have to work multiple stores

"Provided flexible hours but high stree"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment for independent work

Cons

Can be very high stress and depends on the store management being willing to listen to issues and help you to locate your products.

"Too much expected"

Former Employee - TSL in Buford, GA
    Former Employee - TSL in Buford, GA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had the best district manager. Passion , results driven leaders. The nation wide company puts priorities first for every single client in every territory. Team work and get the job done problem solving . Great tech team and great communication from coorprate.

Cons

Too much expected from one person, the TSL. Never ending days. Worn out. Stressed . If you have a big territory , expect lots of wear and tear on personal vehicle. Never felt" done " at work.

Advice to Management

Stop promising clients without reaching out to district manager to see what is really going on in each store. Because they are all different .

"Store vs personal time"

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time

Pros

I just can't think of any

Cons

Company used to be great to work for. Now Walmart determines hours. You have to be available to work 14 hours a day 7 days a week

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like you used to. The company doesn't care about family.

5. "good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

freedom and up to date technology

Cons

midnight resets and so many night time activities.

Advice to Management

no advice to management b/c I know they give it all they have.

"Better than a lot of merchandise companies"

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time

Pros

Flexible, for the most part; great for building relationships with store personnel

Cons

Work load can shift drastically- when one person quits, you take on more stuff and your work generally suffers; pay is pretty crappy for someone who has been in merchandising this long; almost no room to advance

Advice to Management

Staff your areas!

"Horrible company to work for due to leadership!"

Former Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Boise, ID

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your own work phone, some week to week consistency in activities, learning new products

Cons

Leadership, micromanaging, overbearing, rarely working alone, being micromanaged even when you’ve proven trustworthy, lots of time spent finding shipment throughout the back room, traveling

Advice to Management

Micro managing and thinking that it works is why I left and more:
    Bad mouthing EVERYONE and not seeing yourself as the toxic person. Telling me to "play dumb" when the store we merchandise at tells us to do what we are supposed to do as a company. Telling me to give false compliments to people so they like me at the store. Bullying people, then playing victim or innocent and confused when called out on it. Making fun of people who endure panic attacks and telling me they should get a grip on it. Sync your own phone to the store that merchandisers are at with your extra battery pack and figure out what is left, don't ask merchandisers to constantly sync their phone when they already frequently do. Texting just to chat or calling me while working to ask questions that should be asked to other leaders. Over texting to find out information that should be communicated within leadership. Over taking my tasks when I don't do it perfectly and acting like I can't handle it but I can. Give more appreciation verbally but not pretentious appreciation. Don't act like you're not degrading when you are. Seniority doesn't equal a good leader. Your title doesn't equal good character. Telling me it's mandatory to take a lunch then not taking a lunch as a leader or skipping it & saying no one has caught you yet. Thinking YOUR way IS the only way is arrogant, a control freak and calling it "a rule or mandatory." Condescending co workers. If you have to micro manage all of us then wonder why it's not working it's because you are saying you don't trust us to get the job done and you are the one who trained us so what does that say about you? Stop asking what store I'm working today when you are in charge of delegating that information. You should know. Stop treating people like they know nothing when they've held jobs outside of this company and have quite a bit of experience all around not just in one company. See people's strengths and let them flourish instead of waiting for people to mess up to clean up their mess which you enjoy doing though you act like you don't. Meeting a new person on their first day sets the tone for the company. Looking down at the phone you are setting them up for the job is part of the first day but so is greeting that new employee and making them feel welcomed instead of awkwardly and silently programming the phone as they sit across from you and saying NOTHING. Then start with did you bring your cards. Hi nice to meet you too. Unprofessional for being at a company as long as you have. I was at the company only two months and this all happened. People will continue to enable this company's bad behavior and leadership style by looking the other way, acting like nothing is happening, or hoping it improves. It's not magically going to work itself out. It's called being pro active. It starts with the leadership and trickles down. Don't waste your time and don't try negotiating. I had three years of prior merchandising experience and came in at a lower rate than I should have even after negotiating and got nothing higher. Physically demanding in lifting and in walking. You will be told you over analyze if you actually take time to understand activities. Leaders can sift thru quick because they know what instructions say but new people don't know therefore they have to figure out what is and isn't important which takes time. The leaders gossip about EVERYONE including their superiors yet they are actually the ones doing everything they point out wrong about others. Hilariously obvious. Be prepared to stroke the leaders egos constantly or to be given weird looks when you have input or have a way of doing things a different way but just as effective or being told it's wrong even though it's not. Toxic environments get better because people leave them and stop enabling horrible leaders that literally think toxic is normal and sane. They will overstep boundaries even if you tell them to stop and will get upset at you for having boundaries. On my 2nd day of training one of the trainers grabbed the back of my neck (apologized afterwards which is still not ok) to redirect me in the store aisle when she became irritated that I couldn't figure out what aisle she was talking about and I paced back and forth. I"ll leave that there. Good luck!

"Stressful !!! Crazy Hours"

Former Employee - TSL
    Former Employee - TSL

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working independently is about the only pro.

Cons

Where do I start? ** Poor training and/or No training ** Waayyy too many Activities to complete -- it's impossible to hire and keep SM's to help with the work load ** The new Scheduling App is just horrible and unreliable -- it changes constantly ** Most of all -- the horrible feeling that you have, on a daily basis, that you are promising clients that work is being done, when it really isn't. I have more integrity than that and finally left !!! ** The pay, for the amount of work expected, is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

You are going to continue to lose wonderful, hardworking Reps if you continue in the direction that you are going ! It's a shame -- I used to really enjoy my job. Upper management needs to LISTEN to the District Managers -- the one's that have been out in the stores and working side by side with the TSL's and SM's, to get the work done. And then, make the changes for the good of EVERYONE -- the employees and the clients !

"Worried about clients not employees"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibleish schedule and work alone

Cons

Poor scheduler, Walmart management, work expectations

Advice to Management

Company is worried about their clients. Expect you to work over nights and complete a full days work next day. Focus is on 100% completion but in an under staffed territory, you are lucky to hit 50%. Saturday or Sunday is expected as a work day if you cannot complete everything. Planned on having a 6 day work week. Company plans things, resets or relays, and expects these to be complete and neglect your personal schedule not allowing you to live a life. Walmart management is hit or miss either being great helps or annoyances pestering you about things to be done even if it’s not Anderson’s responsibility. Company will make you feel explendable having your replacement at the ready for when you leave. Company touts about relying on their employees and being thankful for them. This company was pretty good when I started, but the changes are just too much. I really cannot recommend this job or company to anyone. Corporate only cares when the alarms sound. Their plans to be the most important vendor will come at the expense of their employees!

"Just when you think it can't get any worse..."

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You don't have someone looking over your shoulder. That's about it. What I could have listed as Pros in the past have gone away. Not much good can be reported about this job anymore.

Cons

Too many to honestly mention. This is not sour grapes, just the facts. The morale of the field staff has never been lower. The work/ life balance is out of control.

Advice to Management

Quit running your field staff in to the ground, and show some sort of compassion. We are not machines. The reason that you can hire people but CAN'T KEEP THEM is because of the way that you treat them. When this happens you just continue to ride the Reps you have even harder.