Anderson Merchandisers Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Anderson Merchandisers CEO Bill Lardie
Bill Lardie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Every once in a while you would get free movies (in 40 reviews)

• The company allows you to work a flexible schedule (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • I wanted to only work part time and they kept adding on hours (in 27 reviews)

• HALF the pay as full time employees doing the EXACT SAME WORK (in 22 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Anderson Merchandisers"

Current Employee - Field Representative in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Field Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, good company interaction, active position allowing you to do more than sit behind a desk, good benefits, flexible scheduling, independent work as well as group work.

Cons

Some weekend work, holiday work, on the field is individual work so you miss out on co worker interaction.

Advice to Management

Always think of you people first, make sure they are happy and the company will continue to succeed.

Anderson Merchandisers Response

May 3, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your position!

2. "Merchandiser for Best buy"

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time

Pros

Something different each day, no one looking over your shoulder

Cons

Pay was not enough for how far i was driving to work.

"Very stressful"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible, mostly Monday through Friday, Get to move around a lot walking and meeting people. Pay is ok. Get to organize your work load most of the time.

Cons

Not knowing how many hours you will be working starting on Monday you could
    Be scheduled 35 hours and by Wednesday 4 more hours appear on schedule, I hate this can't plan your week like this and lack of respect for employees. I don't mind doing mod work but we never have the time needed to do the job! Very stressful when you want to do a good job but have to cut corners and pray one or two of your stores do the mods themselves. The New Release deadlines are not good with all that is on our plate. Low hours for weeks and then 2-3 weeks overtime not a way to keep good employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to what the field is telling you. I have talked to RM and above. They want to sugar coat everything. 3 years ago I was told things were going to get better. So far video over night runs off the chain and working on Sat to do sales for special clients are not what I signed up for. Waiting to see what will happen with preferred vendor in WM happen. Things don't get better I am done. Have a feeling we are going to have so much work and no help because part timers don't get paid what they are worth and other vendors pay their part timers $2 more an hour,, they are also recruiting. The other companies are letting their employees know what is going on with changes.

"Over worked and not cared about"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time

Pros

Every once in a while you would get free movies. Learned about many different areas of retail.

Cons

Now for the cons. It use to be a good company in the past. We worked mon-Friday and had free time to our selfs. In the past few years however you will mostly work monday-Saturday and can easily be working 10 or more hours a day.

Management could be nice one day but alot of the time they would talk down to you and belittle you if you messed up on a project. I even heard many managers that would swear at the employees.

Asking to use time off even if you had earned over a week of vacation time was mostly denied due to lack of coverage. Yet others could take vacation when ever they want. Asking about it would lead to more talking down to you. Some employees even asked for even a day off due to a family member in the hospital In serious condition and we're denied. Forget about getting sick as they will make you feel like crap about it.

Expect one week to work 30 hours with out being able to go over then the next be scheduled 80 hours. Schedules will fluctuate constantly so expect to not be able to have a second job or have much time with friends and family.

Your expected to set books, music and movies and collectables and gift cards and about 70 other projects. You have 3 to 4 stores to do this in. For big projects like resetting departments you'll be told your supposed to have a few helpers but expect mostly to have none and have store management yell at you about it. Books is a whole issue on its own as you have to set a whole aisle of books and return the old ones. Tuesdays you have to put out books and movies in all your stores.
     When certain new movies come out they expect you to goto every store to make sure it's out. Most of the time it will be by 8 or 10 and they wamt you to build big displays by that time and they harass you if they arent done in time. Then go back to every store to make sure books and everything else are out. Sometimes they expect you to work over night then be in work by 8am the next day on very little sleep. Be assured they don't pay enough for gas either.

They will ask if you can go out of your way to help them then if you make a mistake it's all erased.

With four super centers and double the work and no help your expected to get everything done as well as people who have smaller stores with more help.

The company just takeso on more and more projects with never enough help. I don't see them going in a good direction.

Advice to Management

Be nicer and more appreciative of your employees then get you where you are.

"Merchandizer"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers (More than a year)

Pros

Loads of Work. Set your own hours. Get your work done and can go home.

Cons

Harder physically then they said. Not enough or portion Training to umdestand exactly what the district Manager wants.

Advice to Management

Take more time..Pay new employee to Get all Training done before ever putting them out in the field. Tell new hires EXACTLY how much a box of books or a box of music cds weigh.

6. "Great company"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Monrovia, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Monrovia, CA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working at this company because of the set hours and the people you get to work with, the company cares about it's employees and it shows in there hard work. You have telephone conference all the time to set up big promotions in stores and also work with many different things than just one task which I really enjoyed not doing the same thing day in day out.

Cons

Work on your own most of the time and that can get really boring but you also work in a few stores and meet those employees and build relationships there

"Territory sales lead"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free movie every blue moon. Used to be a flexible schedule, but too many deadlines now for that to be possible.

Cons

Zero work/life balance. This used to be an amazing company to work for, but in the last couple of years, things have went downhill pretty steadily. Too much micro managing, too many projects for different clients, not enough time to work. Expect to work in and finish 5 stores in 1 week alone, but to do that you'd have to work 70-80 hours.

Advice to Management

Less stores per territory, hire more full time people. Treat everyone better, instead of making us feel like we're incompetent.

"Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Fairview Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Fairview Heights, IL

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can't think of any!

Cons

Company is horrible, they take advantage of all employees. Work long hours with little pay and no benefits. Unrealistic expectations and could care less about employees wellbeing. Company is extremely greedy!

Advice to Management

Definitely need to be realistic, appreciate field staff PAY field staff what they are worth! Communication would be a great place to start!

"District Manager"

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

To many top executives that need attention

Advice to Management

Listen to the field more

"Could have been more enjoyable with better pay and support from higher management."

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Monterey, CA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, allowed me to go to school and work at the same time. Could go in early and leave early if needed.

Cons

Working with WalMart management was horrible. They hardly give a damn about you and expect you to do whatever they ask. The pay wasn't so good after being there 5 years and only getting a little over $1.50 in raises.

Advice to Management

Pay more for sales leads and also merchandisers.