Anderson Merchandisers Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 9, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bill Lardie

Pros
  • Occasionally you get free movies for your handwork and dedication (in 34 reviews)

• The company allows you to work a flexible schedule (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • inconsistent available hours to keep good employees in the part time area (in 24 reviews)

• pay rates don't equal the amount of work (in 11 reviews)

"Don't even try"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

time flexibility and that is all.

Cons

1- Too many tasks that requires unbelievable amount of time to achieve.
    2- Management (At least mine) intimidate you into working during your lunch breaks and your regular breaks, and if you ever talk about it you will be fired immediately.
    3- no space to grow.
    4- very high turn over rate, which means as long as you are employed you'll have to do other people's jobs till they hire someone... at some point you'll work between 65 and 70 hours a week for months and saying no once is a green card for your boss to write you up.
    5- Management look down on the associates like slaves, you will never hear a thank you, or we appreciate your work.
    6- sometimes you will have to work during your weekends, so be ready to work 2 weeks no days off, and it is not a volunteer as they word it.

Advice to Management

Change the old faces, and treat yor associates better.

"Company is on last leg"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not many pros here. Low pay, no benefits, hostile managers from both Anderson and retailers. You do have flexibility to complete tasks But the amount of work versus pay is very disjointed

Cons

Many of the reviews that are positive are staged from HR to make them look better. The company tries to make all employees work off the clock by intimidation.

Advice to Management

Your senior staff and managers need classes in employment law and how to manage Start treating your people with respect and stop the retoric. Actions speak louder than words.

"Hot garbage"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time

Pros

You must enter at least 5 words for Pros.

Cons

You can't make a living ,on 16 hours a week. You can't expect someone to travel far and away to other stores get everything done on little sleep. Finding a second job is tough will all the crazy midnight blitzes and I need you to work overnights to reset the checklsne mods. The company is not suited to be on the client services market especially when you are told to blow off activities to save the company payroll.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing your staff to rush and do crap jobs. It's how we lose clients.

Anderson Merchandisers Response

Mar 28, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your comments. We always try to balance the needs of our customers and our associates. We understand the stress of the blitz’s and we are strategizing how we can fulfill the obligation ... More

"Sinking ship"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Very little at this point

Cons

Company seems to be in some kind of financial trouble which is causing them to flail and take on random projects and tasks through out the store but not adding any hours to complete them. its impossible to complete every task given in every store in the territory (my territory has 5) so we are forced to lie and skirt the real work. Now we are supposed to set books to mod on top of the already overburdened schedule! Scan to set never works properly it's a mess!!

Advice to Management

Decide if you want us to be glorified stock boys or sales merchandisers. Hire book teams to work books and set mods so we can focus on client services and really impact some change in sales.

Anderson Merchandisers Response

Jan 26, 2017 – HR Generasit

Thank you for your comment. We complete time studies for each of our activities and also allow additional time for customer and store management assistance. We also have an approval process ... More

"lousy benefits no bonus or incentives"

Former Employee - TSL in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - TSL in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time

Pros

Work unsupervised, occasional free movie, paid vacation after a year. paid sick days and holidays

Cons

No room for advancement. no raises. Very costly high deductible insurance for full timers only

Advice to Management

You get what you pay for, if you don't take care of your people your people won't take care of you, or get better offers and leave

"Working for horrible people"

Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free movies and some nice store employees, Best Buy side was only thing good.

Cons

They hire the stupidest people in the world to be district managers. Except you to do so much in such little time and they expect everything to be perfect, also they would prefer you to lie on the activities than tell the truth about why the project couldn't be completed.

Advice to Management

Do not work for this company especially Arizona area. Unless they get the full time best buy clients back. I first started on the best buy side of Anderson and I loved it! I throught I would work for this company for the rest of my life or at least until I retire for a couple days a week. When Anderson moved all their best buy Anderson employees over to the Walmart side I saw a whole different side to the company and was treated like crap. Getting write ups for helping customers and telling the truth on activities. Sorry Anderson but you need to look at your Arizona management and think of replace them and try treating your employees with some respect again.

"Overworked for Marginal Pay. Avoid this job unless you are a sheep."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Flint, MI
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Flint, MI

Pros

Free movies shipped to your house occasionally. Somewhat flexible schedule except must work Tuesdays as that is "New Release" day for music and movies at Wal Mart.

Cons

Wow, where to start!. Supposed to be responsible for movies and music at Wal Mart. However, company slowly but surely added "projects" all over the store. Suddenly you are doing tasks like putting " instant rebate coupons" (stickers on cereal), ordering paint sample cards, placing clip strips all over the grocery section of the store, and then also "surveys of the big screen TV's. All these projects were added with a minimal increase in one's hours. I quit within a 3 months of these "changes". The full time person also felt over whelmed and quit about five months after I did. Also, no increase in pay. Like someone else said: you basically started doing a job which should have been in the $15 range per hour, but instead, you continue to get paid a meager $9 an hour. You run around the store with a hand held doing all these "tasks" like a chicken with its head cut off. The hand held monitors your every action. If you call out on Tuesday you more than likely will get written up because that day is "New Release day" at Wal Mart and if projects don't get done, company gets fined by Wal Mart.

Advice to Management

Pay merchandisers truly what they are worth. Increase hours to accommodate overwhelming work load. Treat your employees more respectfully. Claims of caring about employees quality of life not reflected when you expect part timers to work Holidays, sometimes even at night. Company is a joke.

"TSL"

Current Employee - TSL in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - TSL in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time

Pros

The company is a Pro for not doing anyting by their own guidelines & milking clients

Cons

Too many to name but here are a few: Deceptive to employees & clients, takes on too much work than can handle(if hired by new client at least deliver by hiring adequate man power)DM's need to watch their tone creating a hostile work environment when unable to complete activities(law suit?) No integrity doing clients activities (just answer anything & take a pic of something) Sold off books & music only to still do the work--get ready for the big sale off or attempt to make everyone part timers like competitors

Advice to Management

Get training yourselves, you get what you pay for, stop deceiving employees and clients and keep DM's off social media lying about how great the company is doing & to work for-- One Last Point: most employees are only around til something better comes along or get a severance package instead of just quitting

"Terrible company"

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time

Pros

There are zero pros! Working a flexible schedule is honestly not enough to stay around for.

Cons

You are lied to on a daily basis. You can not believe anything you are told by upper management. Hours are constantly being cut and now people are being laid off without warning.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth no matter how brutal it is. Pay your people. Mismanagement of this company is turning it into a sinking ship.

"Dont go here"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Dayton, OH

Pros

-DVD's
    -Working on your own schedule
    -You can do most projects anytime during the week and if no one is around to help, you can go work on another project.

Cons

-Anderson is watching hours closely now. There was a 2 month time where full timers were only getting around 28 to 32 hrs a week but expecting to get everything done. Somehow the company wants projects 100% complete when some weeks, it takes longer than you are given on projects and then it comes back on you. This company is laying off full time people and replacing it when part timers.

-The worst is Anderson got the contract for the clip strips to place throughout the store but only giving us maybe an hr to get them out on floor and clean up the ones on the floor when it takes 3-4 hrs on some weeks.
    -These last minute blitz's where you must sticker something or do something that takes 5 to 10 minutes to do. While that isn't bad, it requires you to travel to all stores while being on the clock and causing you to miss projects or rush through something to get to your other stores to do this project.

Advice to Management

Figure out the direction of this company and go with it. Stop having everyone half assing projects to get everything done. Let the Field Training associates do their job right!