Anderson Merchandisers Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Anderson Merchandisers CEO Bill Lardie
Bill Lardie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Occasionally you get free movies for your handwork and dedication (in 38 reviews)

• The company allows you to work a flexible schedule (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • I wanted to only work part time and they kept adding on hours (in 27 reviews)

• HALF the pay as full time employees doing the EXACT SAME WORK (in 22 reviews)

"Lacking honesty"

Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Very nice people to work with. Training was a breeze with the employee that I was paired with.

Cons

The person who hired and interviewed me never mentioned there would be an overnight sometimes 1-3 nights each week. Pay is vey low for work expected. Very little to no advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Better pay and be open and honest during the interview.

Jun 2, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is great to hear that your training provided you with the necessary tools for your position. Our application process includes required availability, one of... More

"Ok for awhile, but rolling quickly downhill"

Former Employee - Territory Sales in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Territory Sales in White Plains, NY

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The free movies from the studios, but that perk has diminished in the last 12-18 months. Staff at clients stores can be a pleasure to work with.

Cons

No support from upper management. Managers asking for dishonest survey responses to better their internal numbers. Lack of understanding of how situations in real world work.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to the sales staff when they complain about managements tactics and behavior.

Jun 2, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your experience. We have a zero-tolerance policy regarding falsifying company documents. We have an open-door policy and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you to... More

"Sales manager"

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time

Pros

Busy, upbeat position. Great coworkers.

Cons

Lack of good management communication and support. No upper management accountability.

Advice to Management

Corporate management should not treat employees that they oversee as if they were a lesser person than themselves and look down their noses at them.

Jun 2, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your comments. Communication is one of our core values. Our expectation is that all associates regardless of level within the company be treated with respect. Please contact Human... More

"30 hours is the new full time"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

flexible hours, Vacation time, if you not using it to make up hours your not scheduled to work.

Cons

Never know from one week to another how many hours you will have on the schedule. They expect you to do more in less time. I am a Territory sales lead, and have one part time associate in my territory who only get 4 to 6 hours a week. I have not see my boss in person in over a year.

Advice to Management

Have some consideration for field staff, they work there buts off to make your money. yet you have not consideration for them to make there money with 30 hour work weeks. Get better health coverage.

May 3, 2017 – HR Generalist

First thank you for your 5 years of dedicated service. We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review. We understand and appreciate the hard work of our associates and are grateful for all you... More

"Iteam brand advocate"

Pros

Pay was wonderful was bringing home about 4000 a month

Cons

Management was not so good

Jan 26, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your response. We would welcome a call from you to complete an exit interview so that we may be aware of any opportunities.

"What a Hot Mess! Used to be a decent company!"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Houston, TX

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Variety of tasks to do within one or more stores, on a daily basis. Somewhat flexible on time in store, as long as tasks are completed by the due date and within the amount of time given. Hourly pay, not task based like some merchandising companies. Benefits and paid holidays for full-time employees.

Cons

Time allotted for each task is by all means unrealistic. You are only given enough time to quickly throw product out on display, so that you can take the picture. The task time allotted doesn't take into account the time you'll ultimately spend digging the product out of the messy store warehouses, finding/waiting for store management to unlock areas where product might be stored, cleaning up the messy display/shelves just so you can place product, etc. You have to be practically running all over the store just to complete all tasks, in different departments. Stores often expect you to do things that your management say are no longer in the job description. Very little communication from upper management to store level, about said former responsibilities. So, stores don't believe you when you say it's now a store responsibility. Even then, you are ultimately responsible for said tasks completion, when store doesn't do it, because you are the one who has to take the picture for the client/company who is paying for it to be audited.
    Also, it doesn't matter whether you are full time, you will at some point in the year get part time hours, possibly for many weeks in a row. But you'll still have about 50-60 hours of work to do, and it ALL has to be completed each week.

Advice to Management

The surveys should give options to respond, for when the store ultimately throws away something that needs to be on display with a picture, since you can't photograph something that you don't have. There is no such thing as "it HAS to be completed no matter what, but DON'T go over the allotted time." That's extremely unrealistic and sets employees up for failure, and then ultimately a negative follow up from upper management.

"Territory Sales Lead"

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Busy all day with store activities to accomplish

Cons

- The time assigned time to accomplish a given activity does not always match up with reality of the situation at the store yet the merchandiser is pressured to get the job done

- More often than not, Anderson over promises their customer what a merchandiser will accomplish and the merchandiser has to deal with the consequences which results in unnecessary stress on the merchandiser for which they are not paid enough to have to handle

- Anderson pays lip service to the feedback they receive from merchandisers. For example, they will send a merchandiser to make a UPS pickup at a UPS location that is actually out of assigned territory rather than correct the system and make it easier for merchandiser to pick up at UPS location that is nearby. I had a situation where I had been picking up at a UPS location that was 5 minutes from one of my assigned stores. They changed it to a pickup at a UPS location that was 25 minutes away from assigned store and would not make a correction.

Advice to Management

It is painfully obvious to merchandisers that Anderson cares very little about the merchandisers. For example, the medical plan offered before I left had a $10,000 deductible for out of network doctors. Anderson often ignores the need for extra staffing in certain markets and hopes that the existing staff will work the overtime to get the job done. I was laid off in a recent restructuring but only after I trained my replacement who coincidentally made a few dollars an hour less than I made. Morale among merchandisers is low because the merchandisers know how little Anderson cares about them.

"Too much work, not enough time"

Pros

Pros? Ha ha that's funny...
    I worked for Anderson for almost 15 years; was like family at first...then they became too big...

Cons

WAY too much work, not enough time.
    Pay sucked - after 14 years, I was making only slightly more than when I started...
    Jobs started going outside of the regular merchandising guidelines.
    District manager had no clue what was going on and showed favoritism.
    No holidays off.
    No room for advancement.
    The list goes on...

Advice to Management

Stop winning jobs by being the lowest bid; your clients have no idea that they're not #1 priority.
    Treat your employees with respect instead of acting like they're just a body to get the job done.

"unrealistic expectations"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time

Pros

Make your own schedule. Always new projects so it's not always the same thing.

Cons

The shear amount of work expected to be completed in the time given is unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Get out in the field and work the schedule for 1 week.

"TSL"

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours as long as you get your work done
    Different activities to do weekly
    You can work without immediate supervision

Cons

Never enough time to do your activities
    Having to deal with Wal mart
    Management has little pull, unreasonable demands comes from corporate

Advice to Management

Management won't listen so there is no point. They will squeeze every second out of the day and your body will suffer.