Anderson Merchandisers Reviews | Glassdoor

Anderson Merchandisers Reviews

Updated July 18, 2017

Bill Lardie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Occasionally you get free movies for your handwork and dedication (in 38 reviews)

• The company allows you to work a flexible schedule (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • I wanted to only work part time and they kept adding on hours (in 27 reviews)

• HALF the pay as full time employees doing the EXACT SAME WORK (in 22 reviews)

1. "Could have been more enjoyable with better pay and support from higher management."

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Monterey, CA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, allowed me to go to school and work at the same time. Could go in early and leave early if needed.

Cons

Working with WalMart management was horrible. They hardly give a damn about you and expect you to do whatever they ask. The pay wasn't so good after being there 5 years and only getting a little over $1.50 in raises.

Advice to Management

Pay more for sales leads and also merchandisers.

2. "Done And Done"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Flexible hours. Weekends and holidays off.

Cons

Pay vs. workload expectation. Lack of managerial direction.

"Territory sales leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hastings, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hastings, MN

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

working with people and clients, good schedule , good benefits

Cons

using my car to get from place to place and not getting enough pay to make up for the wear and tear on my car, communication , not enough appreciation

May 3, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that our benefits and scheduling are a positive for you! We work consistently to obtain additional revenue to increase the hours and wages of our... More

4. "Not the worst job I've had, but not the best."

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working in several different stores, meaning I got to work with a rotating group of new people.
    The occasional free movies were nice.

Cons

We had so many projects, and the time needed to finish them wasn't nearly enough.
    The Surveys were usually horribly worded or inaccurate, so it would take an extra 15-20 minutes working by yourself or with the help desk to complete an activity.

Mar 28, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working in the stores. We complete time studies for each of our activities and also allow additional time for customer and store... More

5. "merchandiser"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Fort Dodge, IA
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Fort Dodge, IA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked individually and as a team, enjoyed variety of tasks to complete, was a very loyal and dedicated employee

Cons

Cut in hours, work scheduled for weekends, after one year received a .23 cent raise to give a wage of $10.43

Advice to Management

Get more companies, so more hours available and pay a better wage.

Jan 26, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your experience. We work consistently to obtain additional revenue to increase the hours and wages of our most valued asset; our associates. Please continue to follow our... More

"Must Improve Itself"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Celina, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Celina, TX

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers (More than a year)

Pros

Aspirations to do well and remain competitive in the industry. Excellent owner. Still privately owned and operated.

Cons

They lack the right support structure and senior leadership with diverse experience to make these aspirations happen. Too many 10-25 year associates and leaders with an old way of thinking who stifle creativity and progression for their personal agendas. They will survive but not thrive as new corporate clients challenge their ways of thinking. With no measurable leadership change and infusion of new blood and the continued erosion of entertainment, they will be bought out for their base in 3-5 years.

Advice to Management

Your experience within your own company is not enough to compete in the diverse and aggressive 3PL industry. Bring on new leadership talent with new fresh ideas willing to deal with low performers without retribution and eradicate leaders who lead by fear and control.

"Territory Sales Lead"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Arnold, PA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Arnold, PA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job. I have nothing else good to say about this company any more. They have left half of their full-timers go(not me, I quit) I just wish I had gotten out sooner.

Cons

You won't know where you are going or what you are doing 75% of the time. Upper management can't make a decision. Prepare to work overnight and have to be in another store the following day. Someone is going to get killed on the road due to lack of sleep. This used to be a good company, but the put all their eggs in one basket and now they are trying not to totally go under. RUN!!!!

Advice to Management

Don't be so scared to make a decision. You are in management, act like it. Don't be so quick to throw others under the bus when you tell them things have to be done NO MATTER WHAT!!!

"Team Sales Leader with 1 partimer"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Martinsville, VA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Martinsville, VA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Anderson paid a good wage...had great benefits...I left after 10 yrs to retire...I still enjoyed working with the associates and management ...had a great working relationship...Team leadership is very important...

Cons

Anderson got a little greedy and took on alot of clients over a few years...They wouldn't allow enough hours to get the projects completed like they should be 100%...

Advice to Management

Allow more time for employees...Communication is very important...Remember we are hard working human beings making it happen every day for the company to prosper

"Okay job"

Former Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers (More than a year)

Pros

The only real good thing about this job was the flexibility. I was able to set my own schedule for the most part. Tuesday was an automatic work day because that is the day of new releases.

Cons

The pay for the responsibility was ridiculous. I should have been making at least $15 per hour...I was far from that. It's also pretty much a dead end job.

Advice to Management

Pay your field people what they are worth. They are the lifeblood of the company going out and doing the "dirty" work.

"TSL"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Leader/Retail Media Specialist in Sharon, MA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Leader/Retail Media Specialist in Sharon, MA

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers (More than 3 years)

Pros

Weekends off and no nights

Cons

Unpredictable work load with little notice

Advice to Management

Better training