Anderson Merchandisers Reviews | Glassdoor

Anderson Merchandisers Reviews

Updated May 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Occasionally you get free movies for your handwork and dedication (in 35 reviews)

• The company allows you to work a flexible schedule (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • inconsistent available hours to keep good employees in the part time area (in 24 reviews)

• pay rates don't equal the amount of work (in 11 reviews)

1. "Not the worst job I've had, but not the best."

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working in several different stores, meaning I got to work with a rotating group of new people.
    The occasional free movies were nice.

Cons

We had so many projects, and the time needed to finish them wasn't nearly enough.
    The Surveys were usually horribly worded or inaccurate, so it would take an extra 15-20 minutes working by yourself or with the help desk to complete an activity.

Mar 28, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working in the stores. We complete time studies for each of our activities and also allow additional time for customer and store ... More

2. "Territory Sales Lead"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I get to help customers along with satisfaction of all my store needs,making sure to execute all needs of my job requirements. It makes me feel like I am running my own business.

Cons

No commission or perks for outstanding execution ability.

Advice to Management

I love this job. It's easily the best job I've ever had and I wish the hours were more consistent.

Mar 28, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you have great satisfaction in your job. We are always developing distinct approaches to incentivize our full and part time associates through ... More

"Hot garbage"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time

Pros

You must enter at least 5 words for Pros.

Cons

You can't make a living ,on 16 hours a week. You can't expect someone to travel far and away to other stores get everything done on little sleep. Finding a second job is tough will all the crazy midnight blitzes and I need you to work overnights to reset the checklsne mods. The company is not suited to be on the client services market especially when you are told to blow off activities to save the company payroll.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing your staff to rush and do crap jobs. It's how we lose clients.

Mar 28, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your comments. We always try to balance the needs of our customers and our associates. We understand the stress of the blitz’s and we are strategizing how we can fulfill the obligation ... More

"Great Experience, Little Pay"

Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wow! You are the lone ranger at the stores you are assigned to. This comes with very much responsibility. You will build so many skills here. It is worth it! But working here will not make you rich.

Cons

Low hourly wage for part-timers

Advice to Management

I think we work very hard with no benefits, so you should increase the part-time wages.

Jan 26, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad that you enjoy the skill and responsibility of your position. We are always developing distinct approaches to incentivize our full and part time ... More

6. "merchandiser"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Fort Dodge, IA
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Fort Dodge, IA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked individually and as a team, enjoyed variety of tasks to complete, was a very loyal and dedicated employee

Cons

Cut in hours, work scheduled for weekends, after one year received a .23 cent raise to give a wage of $10.43

Advice to Management

Get more companies, so more hours available and pay a better wage.

Jan 26, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your experience. We work consistently to obtain additional revenue to increase the hours and wages of our most valued asset; our associates. Please continue to follow our ... More

"What a Hot Mess! Used to be a decent company!"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Houston, TX

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Variety of tasks to do within one or more stores, on a daily basis. Somewhat flexible on time in store, as long as tasks are completed by the due date and within the amount of time given. Hourly pay, not task based like some merchandising companies. Benefits and paid holidays for full-time employees.

Cons

Time allotted for each task is by all means unrealistic. You are only given enough time to quickly throw product out on display, so that you can take the picture. The task time allotted doesn't take into account the time you'll ultimately spend digging the product out of the messy store warehouses, finding/waiting for store management to unlock areas where product might be stored, cleaning up the messy display/shelves just so you can place product, etc. You have to be practically running all over the store just to complete all tasks, in different departments. Stores often expect you to do things that your management say are no longer in the job description. Very little communication from upper management to store level, about said former responsibilities. So, stores don't believe you when you say it's now a store responsibility. Even then, you are ultimately responsible for said tasks completion, when store doesn't do it, because you are the one who has to take the picture for the client/company who is paying for it to be audited.
    Also, it doesn't matter whether you are full time, you will at some point in the year get part time hours, possibly for many weeks in a row. But you'll still have about 50-60 hours of work to do, and it ALL has to be completed each week.

Advice to Management

The surveys should give options to respond, for when the store ultimately throws away something that needs to be on display with a picture, since you can't photograph something that you don't have. There is no such thing as "it HAS to be completed no matter what, but DON'T go over the allotted time." That's extremely unrealistic and sets employees up for failure, and then ultimately a negative follow up from upper management.

"Territory Sales Lead"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Arnold, PA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Arnold, PA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job. I have nothing else good to say about this company any more. They have left half of their full-timers go(not me, I quit) I just wish I had gotten out sooner.

Cons

You won't know where you are going or what you are doing 75% of the time. Upper management can't make a decision. Prepare to work overnight and have to be in another store the following day. Someone is going to get killed on the road due to lack of sleep. This used to be a good company, but the put all their eggs in one basket and now they are trying not to totally go under. RUN!!!!

Advice to Management

Don't be so scared to make a decision. You are in management, act like it. Don't be so quick to throw others under the bus when you tell them things have to be done NO MATTER WHAT!!!

"Must Improve Itself"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Celina, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Celina, TX

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers (More than a year)

Pros

Aspirations to do well and remain competitive in the industry. Excellent owner. Still privately owned and operated.

Cons

They lack the right support structure and senior leadership with diverse experience to make these aspirations happen. Too many 10-25 year associates and leaders with an old way of thinking who stifle creativity and progression for their personal agendas. They will survive but not thrive as new corporate clients challenge their ways of thinking. With no measurable leadership change and infusion of new blood and the continued erosion of entertainment, they will be bought out for their base in 3-5 years.

Advice to Management

Your experience within your own company is not enough to compete in the diverse and aggressive 3PL industry. Bring on new leadership talent with new fresh ideas willing to deal with low performers without retribution and eradicate leaders who lead by fear and control.

"Sales Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NC

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time

Pros

Working independently, setting your own pace and work hours, they provide you with an iPhone for job use.

Cons

Traveling to different stores, will not receive a lot of hours like the Territory Sales Lead, Figuring out where items are stored at in the back rooms at Wal-Mart. Constantly having to recharge iPhone to take photos, and scan items. No direct supervisor to go and talk to must call them.

Advice to Management

Give the part time workers a scanner because using the iPhone runs the battery down.

"Team Sales Leader with 1 partimer"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Martinsville, VA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Martinsville, VA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Anderson paid a good wage...had great benefits...I left after 10 yrs to retire...I still enjoyed working with the associates and management ...had a great working relationship...Team leadership is very important...

Cons

Anderson got a little greedy and took on alot of clients over a few years...They wouldn't allow enough hours to get the projects completed like they should be 100%...

Advice to Management

Allow more time for employees...Communication is very important...Remember we are hard working human beings making it happen every day for the company to prosper