Anderson Pest Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Mark O'Hara

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Service Tech"

I have been working at Anderson Pest Solutions full-time

Pros

flexible, company vehicle, appreciated, continued training

Cons

not enough pay for continuing training

2. "It was okay"

I worked at Anderson Pest Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers, Flexable, Starting point in career,

Cons

Upper management. Went from a great family run company to just another corporation.

"Better when it was family owned"

Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Anderson Pest Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay. Hours weren't too bad.

Cons

It was a MUCH better company to work for before it was sold to Rentokil and everything became about the bottom line. Before that it was a people oriented company. CSR's were much better when they were based in Illinois not Pennsylvania. Many of my customers were very unhappy speaking to the current CSR's based in Pennsylvania. Cant tell you how many times I had to apologize for their lack of professionalism.

Advice to Management

Return to focusing on the customers happiness, not the bottom line. Many of my customers told me they were much happier before the company was sold to an International Corporation.

4. "I would look else where"

Former Employee - Service Technician
    Former Employee - Service Technician

I worked at Anderson Pest Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Umm Not many... company car...

Cons

Wow where to start.... Mangement was beyond terrible. I don't think in the six years I was there, they were ever professional until upper management walked in the door. A manager would throw things, swear, and just act ridiculous. Many techs advoid going to the office because of this behavior. oh and asking to get in the cage to get supplies you'll get yell at. My manager was extremely lazy. The last time he was with me for a ride along he just sat in he car. The buy out from rentokil was a turning point too it went from bad to worse. They promise you everything and never deliver. Take a look at the steritech reviews which was bought the same time as us. Bad reviews....

Advice to Management

Better start hiring more people because over half the district is looking to leave because of the rentokil buy out and poor professionalism from managers.

5. "Good"

Pros

It was a family orientated company

Cons

They merge companies and was laying people off

6. "Account Receivable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Darien, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Darien, IL

I have been working at Anderson Pest Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family oriented until company merged.

Cons

Company merged with larger company. Employees lost jobs.

Advice to Management

To be honest with the update on employment for employees

7. "Great family culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

I have been working at Anderson Pest Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great family culture, smart, caring, and honest leadership, fun and productive environment

Cons

I'll let you know when I figure out any

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding us with free lunches when we beat our goals!

8. "A Fine Entry Level Job"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Elmhurst, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Elmhurst, IL

I have been working at Anderson Pest Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-They constantly portray themselves as a family run company with family values. This is mostly true. Everyone is super nice and helpful.
    -Communication between departments is outstanding. For the most part, everything going on in the company is very transparent.
    -Commissions are always correct and paid on time. Commission plan is straight-forward and pretty fair, considering you are selling pest control service.
    - The service you are selling is probably the best in Chicago. Most of the other companies are terrible and if you get people engaged its fairly easy to sell.

Cons

- Sales managers have no sales management experience and are just glorified sales reps who did well and got promoted. .
    - As stated earlier, the commission plan is fair, but their is very little upside as this is a low margin industry. The base is low and if you are a top, TOP producer you can expect to make no more than 60-65k. Generally speaking, there aren't any extra incentives, and once in a while they will throw something extra out there but it is hardly motivating (i.e. extra $500 for whoever does best in the quarter, yippee!!!!) Bonuses aren't that much either.
    - There is no flexibility at all. You have to follow everything straight by the book and if you have a bad week you are going to hear about it.
    - Rampant turnover, most people don't stay longer than a year because of burnout/no incentive to stay. Since you do not get comissioned on existing clients, you have no incentive to hang around and build your book of business. There are "tiered" sales positions where its possible to make more comission and raise your base, but the gates are so high no one has ever even made it to the 2nd tier. And even if you hit the impossible gates, the raise is only like $2,000/yr.
    - If a customer cancels in less than a year, you get your comission charged back. 95% of the time this is not your fault, they either go out of business or cancel because they dont like the service. You would think that with so much turnover they would try to keep their sales reps happy, but who knows. It feels like you are getting nickeled and dimed with this policy.
    - No where to go up, really. If you do well, you can get promoted to sales manager but after that its all family members above you.
    - Benefits are fine, but 401k plan is terrible.

Advice to Management

-This is a fine entry level job if you are coming out of college and need sales expierence. You learn how to prospect and make phone calls and it can be useful when looking for other jobs. Its a nice company to work for but in the end the money isn't there and it doesn't make sense to stay for more than a year or 2. There needs to be someway to create an incentive to keep people on board instead of having a revolving door of sales reps.
    -Loosen up a little, give people more time to ramp up and get their feet wet before showing them the door. Most people are right out of college and it is their first job. If you are going to hire college students, you need to show a little more patience and give them time to develop.

9. "Regional Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Elmhurst, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Elmhurst, IL

I worked at Anderson Pest Solutions full-time

Pros

Forward looking company that stays on the cutting edge. Involves employees in operational and strategic planning. Is willing to make changes when needed. Strives to be the best.

Cons

To much direction by to few people. Need to reorganize the top end structure to broaden out hierarchy. I believe this will be done.

"low pay"

Pros

outside ithe warm spring weather

Cons

out side ih the winter cold

Advice to Management

pay more get ac for the truck

Anderson Pest Solutions Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Director of HR

We cannot be certain that this review is actually for our organization as there is minimal to go on and we DO have air conditioning in ALL our service vehicles, without exception. Our Technicians are... More