Anderson Trucking Service Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 8, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Rollie Anderson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work."

Pros

Good benefits, opportunities to be part of growing company. Family oriented. Multiple generations of same family still involved in the daily operations.

Cons

Policies weren't enforced consistently. Too much variance in how incidents are handled. One person gets a slap on the wrist, one person gets fired for exact same thing.

Advice to Management

Listen more to driver concerns. They are the backbone of the company. Drivers have knowledge that can make the company even better.

2. "Disappointing experience"

Former Employee - Freight Broker
    Former Employee - Freight Broker

I worked at Anderson Trucking Service full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company as a whole is reputable with some good leadership. Depending on the department, it would be a fantastic place to work.

Cons

Logistics department is not set up for success, bringing best practices that hold back a position that requires a different approach than asset-based services.

Advice to Management

Divorce the asset operations more from the logistics branch and make sure there is latitude to create solutions outside of the set framework.

Jun 9, 2017 – Social Media Marketing Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. The satisfaction of our customers, drivers and employees is always our top priority, so we regret that your experience at ATS didn’t measure... More

3. "Awful"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Anderson Trucking Service full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, nope not one there five words

Cons

Pay was always below competition, never allowed to go home, be home a day after 6 weeks out and the dispatcher was calling to go again. This was repeated every time home. Truck was junk , crapped out on the grapevine , water pump , stuck in Bakersfield for 3 days , get going again truck dies in Death Valley, computer, towed to Barstow stuck 5 days , two month later turbo blows 1 month later exhaust manifold cracks, 1 week later exhaust falls off and the ac went out. Then the power steering died. Dispatcher was awful but the owner , she was out of touch and showed no compassion for the drivers, when her son took over things got a better but not enough to stay, work for DOD now , trucks are awesome and new , hours regular, home most nights and every weekend.

Advice to Management

Close shop, short of that , treat your people better , the micro managing by dispatchers whining at you to hurry up to get to a customer when you are stuck in traffic do the late call out, then you find the customer didn't know you were coming, this happens all the time, Pay based on actual mileage not route miles. I always loved payroll saying I only drove a 300 miles on a 525 mile route when their route was over weight restricted roads.

Jun 8, 2017 – Social Media Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority. While ATS is, in fact, recognized by the National Transportation Institute as a top... More

4. "Human Resources Assistant"

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Anderson Trucking Service full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company atmosphere and supportive co-workers. It was never frowned upon to ask questions on a task. Higher up management really cares about their employees.

Cons

None that I can think of.

5. "Vans Fleet Manager"

Former Employee - Fleet Manager in Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Fleet Manager in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Anderson Trucking Service full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Never a dull day. Great team of people to lean on. Potential to earn your salary and double it with a monthly bonus.

Cons

They changed the desks from desks with work space to Cubicals (looks like a call center now) with no leg room. When someone is gone you have to double up your duties to cover down on them. If the industry is slow your paychecks will reflect that.

Advice to Management

Have more floaters that are educated in finding freight, have them properly trained before taking over a fleet, and reduce the amount of weeekend/required travel dates.

6. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - National Sales Representative in Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - National Sales Representative in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Anderson Trucking Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ATS has a great culture and wonderful people. Many positions are incentive driven, so the harder you work, the more you make. It's family owned and privately held...great opportunity in a small town with opportunities for relocation nationwide.

Cons

Wish they would advertise more of the great things they are doing in the community rather than acting as a "silent giant"

"Make sure its a good fit before committing"

Former Employee - National Sales Representative in Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - National Sales Representative in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Anderson Trucking Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some good people and co-workers. Good training incentive

Cons

-Don't get too wrapped up with the training incentive. Make sure to understand the commission structure after training to see if its a good fit for you as its below average from the industry.
    -The sales and operations gap is a huge problem since sales is 100% dependent on operations to satisfy the customer.
    - The workload for some operations representatives surpass their capacity from time to time reflected in service effectiveness. Communications is a huge problem.
    -Over priced in an extremely competitive environment where quotes are often times a gamble and blind compared to other carriers that can do the same exact thing for less.

Advice to Management

Please consider revising incentives

8. "Wasn't a fit for me"

Former Employee - National Sales Representative in Albertville, MN
    Former Employee - National Sales Representative in Albertville, MN

I worked at Anderson Trucking Service (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great people, just not the right fit

Cons

The job just wan't what I thought it might be.

"Bad deal"

I worked at Anderson Trucking Service full-time

Pros

Nice staff in st cloud

Cons

Aftrer completing my lease i was mailed a 10,000 dollar invoice for truck repairs i didn't get my last 2 settlements this is a complete ripoff these trucking companies make millions of dollars but still manage to screw the drivers lease purchase is a rip-off and they will charge you for everything Anderson shame on you

Advice to Management

STOP SCREWING DRIVERS

Jun 6, 2016 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. While we routinely use social media as a part of doing business, it is not our policy to discuss individual situations and/or opinions... More

"Driver"

Former Employee - Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Driver in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Anderson Trucking Service (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good money if you get a dedicated run.

Cons

More work, less pay. You can't be away from home more than a week and come home to less than $400.

Advice to Management

You use to care about the drivers but now its the driver management, safety, mechanics,and the janitor who are top priority. I been there 11 years and February 2016 was my last day. It use to be the greatest job ever.

Jun 6, 2016 – Marketing Coordinator