Andiamo! Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Andiamo! Group Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2019

Found 26 reviews

3.8
Andiamo! Group CEO Mark Gambirasi (no image)
Mark Gambirasi

"Resilience equals performance, attitude equals outcomes"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Andiamo! Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Autonomy, approachable CEO, uncapped commission and unlimited growth potential.

Cons

Lacks structure so must be self-motivated at all times.

Advice to Management

Engage in more team events and employee recognition.

Andiamo! Group2019-04-09
  2. "Sr. Recruiter"

I have been working at Andiamo! Group

Pros

Boss knows his stuff and there's a reason why so many recruiters that got their start here have gone on to amazing companies. The approach to actually care about your candidates, your clients, and the impact you are making is refreshing. This is the perfect environment if you are a go getter, willing to listen and soak everything in, and wants to help people out.

Cons

A small company that's never been able to truly grow beyond 20-30 employees, as leadership will try ideas but may not always stick with them or know how to implement them. This smaller size has worked well to a point however.

Advice to Management

Improve communications and have a little fun. Sometimes things get too focused on what needs to be accomplished, not what has been, and it can get a bit frustrating. Also simple things like having get togethers when new hires come on board to open up the culture would help.

Andiamo! Group2018-01-02
  3. "Not for the slackers"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Andiamo! Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flat organization, everyone works hard to achieve goals

Cons

Sales cycles are long and you have to be patient and very okay with constant change to competition in the market

Advice to Management

More company outings!

Andiamo! Group2017-12-08
  4. "Full-Desk Recruiter/Branch Manager (2002-2007--not 2011 but Glassdoor only goes to 2011 on a drop down menu)"

in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Andiamo! Group

Pros

Leadership. Even when it was a start-up way back in the day, the co-founders had their business dialed in their processes well-thought out to the point where if you have the "fire in your belly" to learn and make deals on your own and through teamwork (it pays to play well in the sandbox with others), then you will build a very nice career for yourself. Employee care. When I was employed, we had healthcare... benefits and retirement benefits with matching--great benefits for a small business to offer at the time. Compensation. If you work hard and recognize that the phone and technology are your friends, then you can make a lot of money. It certainly helps to work with brand names that you feel good about representing to new talent.

Cons

This is more a con in the industry rather than the company--it's not Andiamo!'s fault. Many times job seekers think that they must be helped to get interviews and jobs and they don't recognize that a recruiting agency is paid by the hiring organization and not by the job seeker. The agency has a duty to fill a position that they were commissioned to fill by a hiring company and the candidates who are a best fit... win the opportunity to interview and compete for it. Other con: not everyone employed is cut out to be an agency recruiter but sometimes that cannot be recognized that until that person was given the chance to do it.

Andiamo! Group2015-10-26

"Run as fast as you can, to get away from Andiamo! Group!!!!"

Former Employee - Full Desk Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Andiamo! Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make a lot of money if you do the following: - get in at 7 am - leave at 6 pm - eat lunch at your desk - do not take a break

Cons

The (3) owners - one micro manages - another is on-site, but doesn't have a clue or maybe doesn't care about what goes on outside of their office - third is off site, has been told about the environment, but does nothing to fix it

Advice to Management

Look within yourselves and make changes. You will find the answers to the revolving door with employees.

Andiamo! Group2015-03-19

"Every review on this site has been pitch asked by a 3rd party"

Current Employee - Sales and IT Placement in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Andiamo! Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's in San Francisco - which is more shocking, than a pro. The reason for my surprise? I simply can't believe that a third rate recruiting firm could afford the rent. Impressive really.

Cons

Cheap salesman (under-educated staff). Low ceiling on growth a pay. Basically, work here if you're under qualified for the San Fran/ Silicon Valley job market.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring cheap salesman, if you would like to begin attracting top talent

Andiamo! Group2014-07-04

"Excellent Training, Fun Team, Never a Dull Moment!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Andiamo! Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I always knew I loved talking to people. Getting to do this for a living was awesome because it never really felt like work because I enjoyed it so much. The training was top notch. You felt like you were part of something bigger because of the caliber of people and clients you worked side by side with. One word of advice, you MUST have passion to work here. If you don't have passion for recruiting and love... what you are doing, you will never thrive. You must be super competitive to make it in recruiting.

Cons

Long sales cycles required patience and persistence. (fortunately I have these things)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Consider bringing on more outside sales folks and take on more national and international clients.

Andiamo! Group2014-05-26
  8. "Seriously Fast Paced Business"

Current Employee - Full Desk Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Andiamo! Group full-time

Pros

If it's a thrill you seek, look no further. Very fast paced culture and environment. Those who can keep up, earn the most. As Lincoln once said, "Good things come to those who wait, but only what's left behind by those who hustled." If you hustle, you'll be pleased.

Cons

The same. The fast paced environment can sometimes lead to organized chaos. It's par for the course, so learn to love it, or leave for quieter pastures. This also means that time management skills are paramount to your success. The better you are at living with your friend the calendar, the more successful you will be.

Andiamo! Group2014-02-24
  9. "Opportunity, Autonomy, Training, Fun"

Current Employee - Full Desk Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Andiamo! Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get out what you put in here. period. And money can definitely be one of the things you get. If you want a nice cushy corporate job with a narrow focus and very litte responsibility or opportunity - this is not for you. This is full desk recruiting as it should be - running a full desk as your own business with the training, autonomy and support to make it happen and the money that comes with when you produce... Fantastic Training -Can't stress this enough. I 100% agree with the earlier person's post that our CEO Mark's brain is usually operating at "plaid" speed...thats one step beyond Ludicrous speed (anyone who has seen the movie space balls will get this one) but he is an amazing wealth of knowledge and though he sometimes skips over a little tact in the process once you realize he's always trying to help you make money you don't really notice anymore. He truly cares about the success of everyone here and rightly will pour his time and effort into anyone working hard to learn and improve. In my time here we have made a change over the past year and a half to an organization focused on quality over quantity and that has been reflected in his hiring practices as well - hire less often, be more picky and invest more time in each Best comp plan of any recruiting firm I've seen - 3 options, switch every 6 months if you want Fun office environement, open format, great synergy, good positive vibe in the office - people here are fun and we have a good time in the office while we work. Lots of Puns GREAT food when we have Pot lucks - our employees can cook! Growing - working towards opening an east bay office Great office location on top of Montgomery BART in the high rise 44 Montgomery Officially put a presidents club/Circle of excellence in place and it is very achieveable (4 different fully paid trip options to win for billing a certain amount)

Cons

Only one CEO - he is pulled in many directions so you have to be aggressive and proactive to help affect change here and you must come to him with suggestions for a solution because he can't fix everything hemself (thats any organization in my opinion but we are small so it is magnified here) but his door is always open and he is always looking to improve the business in ways that will allow everyone to make more... money/be more successfull in general. Because there is only one CEO and he runs a desk himself it is hard as a team to stick with good changes at first when we make them but we have a few people here who balance him out well on this. We are small so everyone must carry their weight. I've seen people take advantage of this opportunity and though they are no longer here it hurt me and the team to carry them. So far it seems we have fixed this but that is the risk with joining any small company We should get an espresso machine and a pool table :-)

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on sticking with changes when we make them and giving them time to work. Continue to work on the Micromanagement (what little there is)

Andiamo! Group2014-02-18
  10. "Money to be made without a doubt."

I worked at Andiamo! Group for more than a year

Pros

You can seriously break 100k a year easily as a junior recruiter with no prior experience. Best comp-plan in the business, period. A great stepping stone, and I can see why they have retained some really good recruiters. You can seriously take home a 25k-30k paycheck every month. This place can make you loaded and you won't know what to do with all that money! You get what you put into this!

Cons

Interestingly enough, you might come to find money is important but so is culture and stability. In the year I was there we changed directions 3 or 4 times. I can also see why some folks left over the years.

Advice to Management

When you bring in a new consultant or an idea for changing company direction, please stick to it. Also understand you're competing with a number of other firms and also great internal opportunities. Life is short and the Bay Area is full of great places to work, so people may naturally gravitate in those directions. Try to make it more fun to work at Andiamo, but money > fun so don't make that the priority either.

Andiamo! Group2014-02-05