Andiamo! Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Mark Gambirasi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Full-Desk Recruiter/Branch Manager (2002-2007--not 2011 but Glassdoor only goes to 2011 on a drop down menu)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Leadership. Even when it was a start-up way back in the day, the co-founders had their business dialed in their processes well-thought out to the point where if you have the "fire in your belly" to learn and make deals on your own and through teamwork (it pays to play well in the sandbox with others), then you will build a very nice career for yourself.
    Employee care. When I was employed, we had healthcare benefits and retirement benefits with matching--great benefits for a small business to offer at the time.
    Compensation. If you work hard and recognize that the phone and technology are your friends, then you can make a lot of money. It certainly helps to work with brand names that you feel good about representing to new talent.

Cons

This is more a con in the industry rather than the company--it's not Andiamo!'s fault. Many times job seekers think that they must be helped to get interviews and jobs and they don't recognize that a recruiting agency is paid by the hiring organization and not by the job seeker. The agency has a duty to fill a position that they were commissioned to fill by a hiring company and the candidates who are a best fit win the opportunity to interview and compete for it.
    Other con: not everyone employed is cut out to be an agency recruiter but sometimes that cannot be recognized that until that person was given the chance to do it.

"Run as fast as you can, to get away from Andiamo! Group!!!!"

Former Employee - Full Desk Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Full Desk Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Andiamo! Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make a lot of money if you do the following:
    - get in at 7 am
    - leave at 6 pm
    - eat lunch at your desk
    - do not take a break

Cons

The (3) owners
    - one micro manages
    - another is on-site, but doesn't have a clue or maybe doesn't care about what goes on outside of their office
    - third is off site, has been told about the environment, but does nothing to fix it

Advice to Management

Look within yourselves and make changes. You will find the answers to the revolving door with employees.

"Every review on this site has been pitch asked by a 3rd party"

Current Employee - Sales and IT Placement in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales and IT Placement in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Andiamo! Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's in San Francisco - which is more shocking, than a pro. The reason for my surprise? I simply can't believe that a third rate recruiting firm could afford the rent. Impressive really.

Cons

Cheap salesman (under-educated staff). Low ceiling on growth a pay. Basically, work here if you're under qualified for the San Fran/ Silicon Valley job market.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring cheap salesman, if you would like to begin attracting top talent

"Excellent Training, Fun Team, Never a Dull Moment!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Andiamo! Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I always knew I loved talking to people. Getting to do this for a living was awesome because it never really felt like work because I enjoyed it so much. The training was top notch. You felt like you were part of something bigger because of the caliber of people and clients you worked side by side with. One word of advice, you MUST have passion to work here. If you don't have passion for recruiting and love what you are doing, you will never thrive. You must be super competitive to make it in recruiting.

Cons

Long sales cycles required patience and persistence. (fortunately I have these things)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Consider bringing on more outside sales folks and take on more national and international clients.

5. "Seriously Fast Paced Business"

I have been working at Andiamo! Group full-time

Pros

If it's a thrill you seek, look no further. Very fast paced culture and environment. Those who can keep up, earn the most. As Lincoln once said, "Good things come to those who wait, but only what's left behind by those who hustled." If you hustle, you'll be pleased.

Cons

The same. The fast paced environment can sometimes lead to organized chaos. It's par for the course, so learn to love it, or leave for quieter pastures. This also means that time management skills are paramount to your success. The better you are at living with your friend the calendar, the more successful you will be.

6. "Opportunity, Autonomy, Training, Fun"

Current Employee - Full Desk Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Andiamo! Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get out what you put in here. period. And money can definitely be one of the things you get.

If you want a nice cushy corporate job with a narrow focus and very litte responsibility or opportunity - this is not for you. This is full desk recruiting as it should be - running a full desk as your own business with the training, autonomy and support to make it happen and the money that comes with when you produce

Fantastic Training -Can't stress this enough. I 100% agree with the earlier person's post that our CEO Mark's brain is usually operating at "plaid" speed...thats one step beyond Ludicrous speed (anyone who has seen the movie space balls will get this one) but he is an amazing wealth of knowledge and though he sometimes skips over a little tact in the process once you realize he's always trying to help you make money you don't really notice anymore.

He truly cares about the success of everyone here and rightly will pour his time and effort into anyone working hard to learn and improve. In my time here we have made a change over the past year and a half to an organization focused on quality over quantity and that has been reflected in his hiring practices as well - hire less often, be more picky and invest more time in each

Best comp plan of any recruiting firm I've seen - 3 options, switch every 6 months if you want

Fun office environement, open format, great synergy, good positive vibe in the office - people here are fun and we have a good time in the office while we work.

Lots of Puns

GREAT food when we have Pot lucks - our employees can cook!

Growing - working towards opening an east bay office

Great office location on top of Montgomery BART in the high rise 44 Montgomery

Officially put a presidents club/Circle of excellence in place and it is very achieveable (4 different fully paid trip options to win for billing a certain amount)

Cons

Only one CEO - he is pulled in many directions so you have to be aggressive and proactive to help affect change here and you must come to him with suggestions for a solution because he can't fix everything hemself (thats any organization in my opinion but we are small so it is magnified here) but his door is always open and he is always looking to improve the business in ways that will allow everyone to make more money/be more successfull in general.

Because there is only one CEO and he runs a desk himself it is hard as a team to stick with good changes at first when we make them but we have a few people here who balance him out well on this.

We are small so everyone must carry their weight. I've seen people take advantage of this opportunity and though they are no longer here it hurt me and the team to carry them. So far it seems we have fixed this but that is the risk with joining any small company

We should get an espresso machine and a pool table :-)

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on sticking with changes when we make them and giving them time to work.
    Continue to work on the Micromanagement (what little there is)

7. "Money to be made without a doubt."

I worked at Andiamo! Group (More than a year)

Pros

You can seriously break 100k a year easily as a junior recruiter with no prior experience. Best comp-plan in the business, period. A great stepping stone, and I can see why they have retained some really good recruiters. You can seriously take home a 25k-30k paycheck every month. This place can make you loaded and you won't know what to do with all that money! You get what you put into this!

Cons

Interestingly enough, you might come to find money is important but so is culture and stability. In the year I was there we changed directions 3 or 4 times. I can also see why some folks left over the years.

Advice to Management

When you bring in a new consultant or an idea for changing company direction, please stick to it. Also understand you're competing with a number of other firms and also great internal opportunities. Life is short and the Bay Area is full of great places to work, so people may naturally gravitate in those directions. Try to make it more fun to work at Andiamo, but money > fun so don't make that the priority either.

8. "Great Culture in a Tough & Competitive Line of Business"

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Andiamo! Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong bond amongst the Recruitment Teams despite diversified cultures. They give opportunities to talented, sales minded individuals whether or not they have industry experience. Extremely Intelligent, highly strategic and technical recruiters and Socially oriented Team with positive attitudes. Trained in a full desk environment, you can build your own book of business. Excellent training program, fast paced but it is continually happening every day. The CEO and Partners are understanding, open minded and passionate about what they do and their employees, Excellent commission program - like no other.

A terrific place to work!

Easy to commut to since BART is located in the building and a great location in the financial district.

Cons

I would say that anyone who came out of Andiamo! with a negative feedback are really not cut out for the Recruiting business and probably will not be successful in this business.
    You have all the tools and training hand given to you, it's how you use them. If you chose to not absorb the training, be lazy and play around on the internet all day then you will be dissatisfied, you will not make money.....this work ethic doesn't work in this industry or really anywhere. So good luck in all your endeavors.

Advice to Management

Continue to train, motivate and develop top Recruiting Talent!

9. "Love it at Andiamo! Group"

Current Employee - Sales Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Andiamo! Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked for big corporations and being at Andiamo! Group is a welcome change. The owners are in the office and working with the rest of us every day before and after we leave for the day. And most importantly, they are open to suggestions to help us ALL be successful.

Cons

The office used to close at 2:00 p.m. every Friday, but it doesn't anymore.

They need to go back to that, so we employees can have that time to go to doctors appointments, etc.

10. "Love the people. Love the job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Andiamo! Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual work environment, friendly employers with lots of support and guidance. CEO/ Founder always has a QUICK minute to meet with clients, candidates, or recruiters to guide the job search.

Cons

Turnover among employees leads to many junior recruiters at the same time.