Andiamo Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Patrick McAdams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Supportive management, great work-life balance and smart team"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Andiamo Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at Andiamo for over two years as an executive recruiter, and I would highly recommend the experience. If you have a positive attitude and willingness to learn about the tech industry, there is a place for you here. I found management to be consistently supportive; they worked with me one-on-one as often as I needed to help me improve my practices or overcome a challenge. They are considerate and kind, and I always felt appreciated no matter what. The whole team is comprised of exceptionally bright people from a variety of educational backgrounds; there are math majors, political science majors, MBAs, etc. Many of my teammates ended up becoming my good friends. The company culture is all about hard work but also having fun - we all looked forward to company retreats, team sports, happy hours, playing video games in the game room, and more. Another big plus: I could not have asked for a better work-life balance.Typically no need to work weekends or overly long hours. Andiamo is an excellent place to work either as a recent grad, or someone looking for a place to learn the trade of recruiting in a fast-paced but highly supportive and positive environment. Thanks for a wonderful two years, Andiamo!

Cons

Recruiting isn't easy, but if you stay positive and are willing to improve as you learn, you should not have any issues succeeding here.

2. "Good company"

I worked at Andiamo Partners full-time

Pros

Decent company - fun place

Cons

A few that could be mentioned

"Great place to work with supportive management"

Former Employee - Associate Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Andiamo Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Andiamo for over a year and a half and couldn't have been happier with my experience there. My colleagues, both peers and senior leaders, were extremely supportive and some of the brightest individuals I've had the pleasure of working with. With regards to professional development, management trains employees thoroughly in technical recruiting, provides them with the resources necessary to succeed, and invests highly in employee growth. They reward hard work and incentivize long term success.

I also found that Management was very receptive to employee opinion and did their best to listen to employees if they had any questions, concerns or ideas for change. They were very transparent and did their best to communicate with all employees.

Likewise, Management is very understanding and works hard to foster a great working environment. The culture is collaborative, not competitive, which is rare in an agency setting. Work life balance is strongly encouraged and supported as well - seldom do you have to work after hours.

Overall, I would recommend Andiamo as a great place to work and grow professionally.

Cons

Recruiting, especially on the agency side, is not for everyone. You have to work diligently and be resilient to the ebbs and flows of the market. It is also a role that demands a high volume of daily interaction with others. However, the hard work you put in pays off in the long run.

Advice to Management

You're doing great. Keep up the weekly check-ins with employees and continue providing long term incentives!

"Excellent place for good people - I love my job!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Andiamo Partners full-time

Pros

A company in growth mode which offers a lot of opportunity. Great training and awesome people to work with - supportive mentors all around you willing to help. Patient and persistent leaders. Amazing time off/benefits and flexibility. The past few months have been a whirlwind of new company development and clients.

You're surrounded by smart, hard-working people who are the best in the industry, which makes you bring your A-game, every day. There are a lot of examples that if you work hard and do well you'll get promoted and take on more responsibility.

Cons

Can be stressful getting started, hitting some of the goals and building a good foundation. This career isn't for people who want to coast - it just won't work out if you're not willing to put in the work.

"Great Place to Work - if you're willing to put in the work"

I have been working at Andiamo Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The camaraderie in this office is fantastic! We are all super close, and are able to go to each other with both professional and personal problems. Daniel (the president, who runs the Austin office) is very personable, and always encourages collaboration so that we all can achieve the best results.

The office environment in general is also super cool! We have free snacks (custom ordered - just ask and you'll receive!) and go out to lunch and do other activities together to foster teamwork.

We're given all the tools we need to be successful. Growth is a huge focus, and we meet weekly to discuss small goals and steps that can be taken to improve. We're also given the opportunity to voice any concerns and steps are always taken to ensure that things that need to be changed are changed.

My favorite thing is that senior leadership and Andiamo values your opinion from day one. If you have an idea and a way to implement it, or if there's a specific way you're able to step in and help, they're always welcome to new thoughts!

The compensation structure has huge potential upsides but also some small downsides. However, as I mentioned before, they put a huge emphasis on growth and promotions are realistic and attainable. The structure was clearly explained during the interview process, in the offer letter, and during our initial training.

Cons

This job isn't for everyone. It's a lot of work, and it's easy to get discouraged when things don't go your way even if you're doing "everything right."

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"If you are a hard worker, this is the place to be!"

I have been working at Andiamo Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Andiamo has been the best job I've ever had. While I've only been here 6 months, I know I will be here for many years to come. From the culture to the people who work here, you won't find somewhere better to start out in the work place. The company is very transparent. If you work hard, you do well. Even if you work hard and placements don't work out due to uncontrolled circumstances, the company still takes very good care of you and is extremely supportive. I've made some of the best friends I'll ever have here. The culture of support, mutual respect, and friendly competition is a passionate hard worker's dream. If you find that you want to join a company where you can make a big impact, be successful, and have a lot of fun, this is the place to be.

Cons

The only con I would say is that the recruiting industry can be frustrating at times. Things don't always work out, but that only makes you grow more as a person and as a professional. If you are going to be in a competitive industry, it is helpful to be at a company that will support you and help you at every point. Andiamo is just the place for that. But if you don't like to work hard, can't handle rejection, or aren't friendly, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work! Your positivity every quarterly meeting is inspiring and makes me want to work harder every day. I love having weekly individual meetings on Mondays because it shows how much you care about the individual success of each employee. Keep up your amazing business model and I can't wait to see how we grow in the future.

"Entrepreneurial and Fun"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Andiamo Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Culture - the environment is fun & hardworking. It's very entrepreneurial, too. If you're willing to work for it, there's a lot of opportunity to make money
    - My coworkers - I genuinely like everyone I work with
    - Resources - recruiters here get a ton of support compared to other firms my friends' work at
    - Space - beautiful office with great view! Also plenty of snacks, games, and beer

Cons

The tech industry is competitive; when things don't fall your way, it can be frustrating. But competitive also means a lot of opportunity. If you're resilient and hardworking, you can do very well here.

"Really happy here"

Current Employee - Technology Recruiting in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technology Recruiting in New York, NY

I have been working at Andiamo Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work. We have great clients, management is very good, there is an enormousness amount of opportunity to grow. There are people who have only been here for a few years and are doing really well. The people here are smart and hard working and make it a pleasant place to spend time. I like it a lot.

Cons

None regarding the company. However, I work in the headquarters in New York and the city can be expensive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the added perks (unlimited snacks, trips, contents)... I think it makes a difference and keeps people happy and engaged.

"Fake"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Andiamo Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I made some great friends here

Cons

None of them work there anymore, myself included. You will find yourself wanting to leave here too. It's a culture of fear that they try to instill in the employees. Laying people off and lying about it - that's not right. Guaranteeing a certain amount of income and then not paying and being shady - that's not right. Pretending like it's a laid back cool place when in reality you get looks for going back to the game room - not cool. Major shade in this place. Major liars. Once you move on to bigger and better things you will further realize how unloyal and unjust this place actually is.

Advice to Management

stop being so fake.

"The best place to be a tech recruiter"

Current Employee - Tech Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tech Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Andiamo Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Nice People (seriously all my co-workers are helpful, fun and cool)
    -Innovative industry (tech is the place to be if you are a recruiter)
    -Great support from research staff
    -Good work hours (8:30-5:30)
    -Flexible work from home policy
    -Great Clients (HBO, Goldman, Bloomberg, Amazon, Trip Advisor)
    -Free Beer (domestic and imported)

Cons

Recruitment isn't for everyone. You have to work diligently and intelligently to succeed and not everyone is willing to put in that effort for the first few months to reap the rewards once you figure it out.