Andiamo Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Joseph Vicari

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great management"

I have been working at Andiamo part-time

Pros

The management at the Andiamo Riverfront in Detroit, MI is superb. The location can't be beat, and the environment is warm and welcoming.

Cons

Due to the fact that the location is in the Renaissance Center along with other restaurants & businesses, some days area slower than others.

Advice to Management

I don't have much advice for management, they do their job very well and I don't have much to complain about.

2. "Favoritism is the key factor and it's so sad to say that if you do not kiss butt then you will not make the money."

Former Employee - Server in West Bloomfield, MI
    Former Employee - Server in West Bloomfield, MI

I worked at Andiamo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Making great friends I can't say anything else because it would be a lie a revolving door for servers.i have to say the guest are good .

Cons

Management is not fair. The management is inconsistent also will play favoritism's for senior wait staff who do not belong on the floor. Also there are atrocious there is only one manager that is able to run the place and he should be the GM.

Advice to Management

Make everyone equal , stop playing favorites and pay more to the best quality servers attention to the guest .

3. "Server"

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Warren, MI

I worked at Andiamo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and competitive earnings. Management and ownership create a great working environment with an excellent opportunity for growth within the company.

Cons

Hours can be seasonal and travel is often required to keep a full time schedule. This is not necessarily a con, just an FYI!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

4. "Busser"

Current Employee - Busser in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Busser in Warren, MI

I have been working at Andiamo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic money. Great Environment. Great Energy. Celebrity Appearances.

Cons

Not too many bad things to say.

5. "Back to the Basics"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Waterford, MI
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Waterford, MI

I worked at Andiamo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is family owned since 1990 and has a terrific reputation. While I was working there I worked almost every position in the house from dish tank to operations, it is a well oiled machine

Cons

The company itself lost much of it's personal touch to both employees and guests when it began to open more . It lost the family feel, our regulars were going away, managers were changing too much and it was frustrating

Advice to Management

Go back to the basics and the foundation which I believed was what Andiamo was built on; family, friends and a nice bottle of wine.

6. "Back of the House"

Current Employee - Executive Chef
    Current Employee - Executive Chef

I have been working at Andiamo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We use the freshest and finest ingredients from all over the world and prepare them from scratch daily in every one of our kitchens. Having been formally educated, trained and mentored by some of the best chefs in the country, I am proud to say that I am employed by the Andiamo family of restaurants. The Vicaris are restaurant people through and through who truly understand the business and work their stores thus earning the respect and admiration of their employees. I have been employed here for eight years and know that I will retire from Andiamo as everyday I continue to learn, grow and develop my skill set while being continually challenged.

Cons

Would not say there are any cons to the job, but people who are not passionate about their jobs and possess the skills to execute the daily tasks may find themselves in over their heads.

Advice to Management

Let other cities enjoy the brand that you have created, more growth and expansion.

7. "My Review"

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Andiamo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is good money for the hours worked. Especially on the weekend.

Cons

There are very many fine tuned rules to working at a fine dining restaurant. If you are not detail-oriented you will struggle in this part of the job.

"Server"

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Livonia, MI

I worked at Andiamo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Have the ability to make good money. Easy to make great return regulars.

Cons

Management is atrocious- constantly a revolving door. The high-ups come in once a year & make you feel as though you're needed, however they offer no support and it is very clear you are a means to an end. Constant menu changes with little preparation to learn the new menu before it hits the tables.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. They are the ones that are interacting with your guests & creating return patronage.

9. "Unfair employee treatment"

Former Employee - Server in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Server in Warren, MI

I worked at Andiamo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Andiamos food is very well prepared to the customer satisfactory. If anything is wrong the managers will do what it takes to make the costumer happy.

Cons

Unfair employee treatment. Employees were treated like slaves working constant hours without fair breaks. You would work 7hours to 16 hours with 1 break maybe 2 if your lucky. I wouldn't suggest working for this company because even the pay of $4.50 + banquet tips wasn't enough for the back breaking, standing for many hours, and setting up late nights for the event either in the morning that you had to get up in 4-6 hours for or later on that night. The chef constantly treats the servers as "idiots" as he would say from yelling to sending people home for the slightest things like using the wrong paper to write your order on. For how little you work because of favoritism for shifts your expected to know the whole menu, all the wines, and proper service for a 1-3 days a week job. Even when injured at work they avoid all costs of using their LLC to pay for your injury. Wouldn't suggest anyone to even get into this company as a server, if you do I'd say best of luck kissing ass for shifts and working like a slave for money people could make in one day sitting around.

Advice to Management

Management should care about their employees a bit more.

10. "Great Place to Host"

Former Employee - Hostess in Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
    Former Employee - Hostess in Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

I worked at Andiamo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Environment is a family friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Make sure you are getting paid fairly between your Host Team. Talk to your Manager about it. Don't get taken advantage of.

Advice to Management

Make sure the tips are being split fairly. Have a monthly or bi-weekly meeting about it. Fairness keeps hard-working employees longer.