Andigo Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Andigo Credit Union President and Chief Executive Officer Mike Murphy
Mike Murphy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Organization to work for!!!"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Andigo Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Andigo cares about our members. We help them achieve their financial goals. We are a family helping other families.

Cons

Need another family member in Lending!

Advice to Management

Thank for all you do for us!

2. "Great Ideas, Forward Thinking.. Some Drawbacks"

I have been working at Andigo Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Andigo, at it’s heart, really wants to do right. We want to keep up with the big banking institutions while keeping a more friendly and personalized experience for our members. I like to call it being member oriented. It’s our driving force. In regards to my work life, the positive aspects are my salary, the flexibility of hours, and being able to have a purpose for the work that i am doing.

Cons

The drawbacks for Andigo are as follows:
    1. Communication between the departments - Make sure that everyone is up to date with the latest information. More all staff meetings would be very beneficial. This would also create a more positive team environment.
    2. Some people do not, and i repeat, DO NOT deserve the positions that they are in. Upper management, from what i have seen is fine. My biggest advice is to watch the work ethic of ALL employees more critically. Speaking in regards to my department, the workload is imbalanced. Not everyone is held to the same expectations. I ask myself time and time again why certain people still have a position with Andigo.
    3. Staffing - We have an issue with being understaffed in certain departments.

Advice to Management

At it’s core, Andigo is a great institution. Just be weary of those that you keep here for the future. You may be surprised by who is holding us back.

"Not quite a “Friday”"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Andigo Credit Union full-time

Pros

Headquarters office is bright and updated, includes a treadmill/workstation room and workspace desks that can be raised to standing position. Large fruit basket available in kitchen and frequent free lunches. Most employees really are friendly and helpful. Discounts on auto and home loans. Convenient location near Woodfield Mall.

Cons

Andigo’s all about how they’re a Friday—but don’t expect that to apply to working here. Turnover (both voluntary and involuntary) on some teams is very high and people are treated as dispensable. Management is old school when it comes to working from home (not encouraged), dress code, flex schedules (that is, OK only as long as you can pester a coworker into staying late for you), etc.

This might be a good fit for you if you’re looking for a steady job you can leave at the same time every day and aren’t interested in moving up. For young professionals: you’ll notice everyone has the “specialist” title—because Andigo considers itself to be a flat org. Come to Andigo for a year or two (as long as you’re willing to work 50+ hour work weeks because that is the expectation) and then plan to move on, because there’s no ladder to climb here.

Be cautious of all of the reviews written in clusters. They’ve had incentive programs to encourage employees to leave a review, which has likely skewed what current employees are willing to say.

Advice to Management

Andigo has so much potential to be a great place to work. Extend the public-facing branding to working here—most people will gladly put in greater effort and time in exchange for greater flexibility and feeling valued. Demand transparency and accountability from everyone including managers. Create a pathway for employees to advance in their careers at Andigo and titles that reflect those years of experience.

"Operations"

I have been working at Andigo Credit Union full-time

Pros

Nice office. Desks are nice.

Cons

If you are reading this and continue to work for Andigo, in 6 months you will be hearing me whisper "I told you so" in your ear. Unfortunately, there may not be an active Glassdoor page for you to share your hell-review. Where do we start: 60+ hour work weeks are the expectation causing constant turnover and cleaning house of those that do not drink the Kool-Aid. There has been a lot of turnover from senior leadership. HR is virtually non-existent. Unless it has been your goal to work for a lackluster credit union, my recommendation would be to turn and run. There is a reason they have to outsource their recruiting efforts, because they would be hiring a new recruiter every month.

Advice to Management

Get out while you can.

5. "Employment"

I have been working at Andigo Credit Union full-time

Pros

Member oriented, employee focused, opportunity to gain experience, growing

Cons

driving distance from my town

6. "Great credit union to be apart of."

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Andigo Credit Union full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You'll be proud to work for Andigo. Its a great credit union to work for and it has a family atmosphere from top to bottom.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing.

"Management made employees post their reviews on a certain day and gave it a deadline"

Former Employee - Does IT Matter in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Does IT Matter in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Andigo Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Please stay away from here. Andigo is nice on the outside but once in you are micro managed a list is kept of your mistakes

Cons

The list kept of your mistakes turns into a daily battle between departments. The stress you deal with here is not with the minimal pay

Advice to Management

Clean house with the management staff. They are hiding things from you and cover up to cover their own faults and what they let there pets get away with

8. "Great CU!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Andigo Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall the company finds many ways to create a great atmosphere for their employees. The company offers great benefits. The employees are great to work with and everyone genuinely wants to help each other. The managers, senior leadership and CEO are great, and are easily accessible and have provided a great company to work with.

Cons

The only con is some departments do seem overwhelmed and overworked and in need of a larger headcount given all the initiatives the CU is trying to accomplish.

"Home away from home!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Andigo Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work! Co-workers are friendly and caring, like a second family!

Cons

Wait, what downsides are there???

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Andigo Credit Union (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere in a beautiful new work space with a lot of amenities. Love the people I work with, we're like a second family

Cons

Cons? There really aren't any!