KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

95% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 25 of over 25 reviews

4.8
Andrews-Cooper Co- CEOs Joe Harsany  and Tyler Smith (no image)
Joe Harsany and Tyler Smith

McKinsey & Company

132 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Work with brilliant people who are down to earth and always happy to answer any questions you may encounter.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Fantastic Culture(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

A Great Place to Work

Aug 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team Centered Well Supported Fantastic Culture Great Leadership

Cons

None that come to mind.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Career Decision

Jul 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Schedule Remote Work (for many, if desired) Incredible Support Growth Promoted Good Benefits

Cons

Some Managers Lack in Reponses Some Roles are Blurry

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Company Employment Review

Jul 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team dynamics and a large array of projects to work on. It's a place to stretch your wings and not always feel the burden of management breathing down your neck. The people here a awesome which makes coming to work easy!

Cons

The growth of the company over the years has revealed a couple areas that could be addressed. Finding the balance between a small dynamic company versus a larger system base company has been hard. Because of this uses of older systems still exist but I feel the company is aware and trying to make changes/updates. This takes time and company capital. Pay/salary has also been a bit challenging but they have great flexibility and benefits which help to balance this out. Again, I believe management is aware and doing their best to address this while still staying competitive in the market.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture

Jul 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is what they say it is - beats the pants off working for a larger corporation! Communication is outstanding - I hear about it 3x before it's formally announced

Cons

Sense of urgency is much lower than what I'm used to at other companies - but the Co-CEO's seem to know what they are doing with their tenure so I trust them.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Passionate Engineering Company with a Focus on Humans

Jul 14, 2022 - Manager in Lake Oswego, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Built by two engineers whose day job was moving to the east coast, AC has continued to strive for a firm that is both successful for clients as well as the engineers they've hired full time. Co CEOs Joe Harsany and Tyler Smith have both been with the company 15+ years and are carrying on this culture. While we have grown to 150+, the project based work creates small teams of leadership minded engineers with autonomy in their work to do the best we can for our clients. The variability in work encompasses the latest tech in gaming, AR/VR, medical devices and more. Getting to work on a project basis with the backbone of a full time role in a blossoming company has been a dream.

Cons

As we grow there have been some growing pains as it were, but we seem to be on the right track to maintaining our culture and developing out a wider range of services in the product development lifecycle.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team with exciting variety

Jul 14, 2022 - Test Engineer in Bothell, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is an enjoyable company to work with that seems to really care about their employees. I have been very excited for the variety of work I get to do to keep from getting bored after a year.

Cons

Communication pathways are really unclear at times and compensation could be a bit better.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

High on the culture, low on the drama

Jul 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great family culture. People are helpful, generally supportive, and open to ideas. - Leadership is maturing along with the company, but they have always been more open than I’ve seen in other companies - AC is flexible and cares about the “right” things when it comes to engineering. - The company is full of engineers and understands what good engineering looks like.

Cons

- Salary for existing employees is 10-20% behind the curve. I hope they update this outlook as this is my only major complaint. I really hope this changes as this is my only potential reason for leaving AC at the moment. - Challenges with growth and letting go of “mom-and-pop” solutions. I’ve never seen a company abuse and overuse Excel like this one does.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

The 24K needle in the haystack!

Jul 14, 2022 - Digital Marketing Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great compensation, benefits, company events, opportunities to advance, etc. Excellent communication and training. Andrews-Cooper treats you like an individual, not an employee. No micromanagement or toxicity. Flex schedules in office and work from home. No need to beg for time off. Work with brilliant people who are down to earth and always happy to answer any questions you may encounter.

Cons

I have not noticed any cons. Seriously!

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great folks, good management, family-oriented.

May 4, 2022 - Senior Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Professional, team atmosphere, family-oriented, supportive and very supportive!

Cons

Outside of salary (which is always an issue with anyone), A-C is a great place to work and really strives to help its engineers. The only issue would be that I wish they were more involved in medical device projects and a bit more diversity in terms of engineering backgrounds.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great People

Jan 27, 2022 - Staff Controls Engineer in Corvallis, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Andrews Cooper traditionally attracted and hired competent and cooperative people. I've not only never had an issue with team member, I generally enjoy any team I'm on.

Cons

Facing growing pains and feeling a loss of the close nit community that it once was.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews