Andromeda Transcultural Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Medical Assistant"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Germantown, MD
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Germantown, MD

I worked at Andromeda Transcultural Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved my experience here at Andromeda. I loved absolutely everything. I never missed a day.

Cons

There are no cons for this place.

2. "Terrible Executive Director"

Former Employee - Program Assistant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Program Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at Andromeda Transcultural Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The work hours were great. Thats about the only thing that was great about this place.

Cons

Andromeda has always suffered from financial issues. There was no structure whatsoever. The executive director fired everyone without regards to their well being just to raise his salary to $200,000.00. They have broken many ethical laws and financial laws. Their board of directors have left the organization due to all the risk the new executive director was exposing the organization.

Advice to Management

Fire the executive director and find someone who wants to help the community and those in need instead of trying to get ahead of everyone.

3. "Early Intervention Services Specialist"

Former Employee - Early Intervention Services Specialist in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Early Intervention Services Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at Andromeda Transcultural Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diverse workforce. Multiple learning opportunities for learning new skill sets. Outreach in community is strong. Medical care and case management teams work together to assist patients to thrive in health and wellness.

Cons

Finances have been an issue in the past. Unable to hold on to strong work force. Uncertainty with health programs because of its reliance on local funding to perpetuate continuation of services to community residents.

Advice to Management

Hire opportunistically, not out of cosmetics. Reserve emergency funding for employee needs and / or programs to aid in professional development and advancement.

4. "Worst place to work for. Andromeda has no structure, there is no leadership or management , and everyone can do anything they want."

Pros

I would never recommend anyone to work here. Employees talk bad about coworkers and patients. Overall unhealthy work place!

Cons

Challenges working at Andromeda would be trying to stay away from the gossip, and false accusations that your coworkers make up.

Advice to Management

- For Andromeda to be successful again the director will have to hire staff that are qualified for the position, instead of giving it to anyone.

- Be professional and start respecting yourself so others can respect you.

- When there is a complain investigate instead of believing the gossip that every one gives you.