Cover image for Angi

Angi

Engaged Employer

Angi

Add a Review

Angi Employee Reviews about "no one"

Updated Nov 22, 2021

Found 28 of over 4K reviews

3.4
Angi CEO Joey Levin
Joey Levin

What people are saying about Angi

Join the conversation on

Tech

634K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Angi~15700
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Angi? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Angi employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Angi and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "no one"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

facebook culture

Apr 26, 2018 - Anonymous Contractor in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

easy work hours, easy job

Cons

no support, no one to monitor accurate reviews, bad management

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Social Media Engagement Specialist

We provide email support because we think it's the most efficient way to communicate to the tens of thousands of professionals and customers using the app. We usually respond to emails within an hour and we review emails so that we can escalate emergencies to be handled asap. Customer reviews are part of the process and important so that they can provide honest feedback.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not the worst boss I've had, but close.

Oct 31, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch, but as economics class taught us, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Some of the engineers are great people, and at least one of the managers is honest, has a measure of humility, and is not a chode, but just the one that I'm aware of. Unfortunately, they weren't actually my manager.

Cons

The uppers very obviously pay to have positive reviews added on both the app store and the google play store. They also very obviously have had some of those managers (who are actively engaged in looking as good as possible to the CEO) add glowing reviews on here as well. No one below manager level would give a 5 star review. Handy has been bleeding talent as people find more interesting and positive work where the stock options are more likely to matter. The hours are just about always long/late, and if you actually take a normal 10 minute break, you're seen as uncommitted, addressed by your manager, and it's a black mark. It doesn't matter how much you've actually contributed, just how good you looked doing 'something' and how much credit you've taken. No matter how many times people bring up the fact that both providers and customers are getting screwed and are unhappy and we ought to think about how we could better serve them, the only conversation the uppers have is how to better control them, pay the providers less money, collect more fees, and squeeze more out of customers.

41 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Angi team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Account Executive

Apr 19, 2019 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers - fun young environment.

Cons

Commission (hit commission one pay period and not the next. If one sale away from 4 no commission). Cold calling all day, everyday - 250 calls, 4 hours talk time on avg.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Current Employee

We're all sitting ducks

Feb 4, 2016 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

We get to listen to the CEO talk about how the company is doing such great things for the world every day while he simultaneously plans the next mass firing of employees.

Cons

This place is dark. They can't hold on to a single manager or VP for more than a year. They all leave, and not for a better offer necessarily, but to work anywhere else but Handy. It's clear that no one can work with the CEO and he could care less about the people that made this company what it is. (Unless you went to HBS..they can do no wrong) So many new senior managers come in with a high spirit, 'I'm-going-to-turn-this-place-around' attitude and then slowly but surely find out that there's nothing they can do because the CEO refuses to give up control. Compensation is so bad. Bonuses are given to a select few. It's someone's full time job right now to automate their own responsibilities so that they can get laid off. They're called Operations Associates. There is zero room for growth. None.

39 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Not really worth it

Jul 25, 2017 - General Cleaner in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. They do pay you. A direct deposit shows up in your account within a couple of weeks. That's all I can think of.

Cons

SO MANY! Firstly, one must pay for their own background check. This is not refunded in any way. Usually a company will refund the cost on your first paycheck, Handy does not. You must purchase your own supplies. Fine, that is to be expected most of the time anyway, but they encourage you to purchase these supplies from them! If a client cancels, there is absolutely no reimbursement to the cleaner, but my research shows that the company gets a small cancellation fee. Their ad claims that a cleaner can earn $18 per hour / it's actually $15. That's a great rate, but there are very few jobs available. I have a 5 star rating and there are no jobs available until the end of the week. That's a $45 earning for the entire week. No one can live on that salary. What puzzles me is that if there are 'no jobs available' per their own app, why are they still advertising for employees? I saw an ad online to apply with them as recently as yesterday. I reside in a very large city and find it very hard to believe there are no jobs available...it seems more likely that they have too many employees that have paid their background fees, possibly bought supplies through the company, and then sit and wait for maybe one or two jobs a week. I've been with them for nearly a month, I have a 5 star rating, I have never been late, and I have not yet had one job assignment per day. I've come to the conclusion that this company is making the majority of their profits from the background checks and cancellation fees.

1 person found this review helpful

Social Media Engagement Specialist

If a customer cancels a job 24-2 hours from the booking start time, we do provide some compensation to pros for leaving that time available on their schedules. We continue to work on initiatives to prevent frequent cancellations. There are additional ways for professionals to proactively gain new customers as well! They are able to create and share their professional profiles online so that new customers can book with them directly. Give it a try by following the instructions on this Help Center article - http://hdy.io/h/geZdQj

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best decision for me, don't understand why people get upset if they struggle, it's a clear cut sales job.

May 10, 2018 - Inside Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

No matter what you are looking for, you have the ability of earning it here. Want money? Sales representatives making over $200,000 a year. Want recognition? Tons of contest and everyday recognition on metrics. Want work life balance? All summer long you make 3 sales, get the rest of the week off...PAID. Growth for you? Became a manager in 15 months due to hard work.

Cons

The job is a grind, as it should be. Any high earning jobs should be. My former manager told me that no one grows up wanting to be a telemarketer. BUT if the money is good, and the culture is great, it makes up for the grind. Grind hard = change your life.

3 people found this review helpful

Digital PR Manager

Thanks for the review! It’s great to read about your career experience, as a role in sales certainly comes with its rewards, challenges and perks. I appreciate the honest feedback about our training and interview processes as well. Great having you on the team. – Tom Cheatham, VP Sales, Indy

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Do not recommend

Jun 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of smart people here who come from great companies. Remote environment.

Cons

-bait and switch. They will tell you what you want to hear to get you to join -micromanagement is embedded into everything they do. Be prepared to be micromanaged if you join. -lack of work/life balance. KPIs that are expected of you are unrealistic to achieve in even a 50-60 hour work week. Every single day felt like an emergency if something didn't get done immediately. I came from a fast-paced top-tier tech company, and this is next level (in a bad way) -poor benefits compared to other top-tier tech companies. -no culture. Seems like high turnover rates and multiple acquisitions contribute to this -since Handy, Angi, and HA merged, the tech problems they have with merging all systems are laughable. Be prepared to have multiple email addresses and to have to work out of gmail and outlook. -onboarding experience was unorganized and confusing -secrecy and a major lack of transparency from leadership. Layoffs occurred and no one was informed

10 people found this review helpful

Angi Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our people and flexible work from home environment have fostered a culture we are proud of. Through the development of our new values, we strive to create a basis for our team to feel valued and empowered within their individual roles. There have been substantial changes in the past year with the company’s recent re-brand to Angi and new leadership. These transitions are stepping stones that provide the infrastructure we need to become the home for all things home. – Laura Kato, SVP People

9. 2.0