KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Angi

Engaged Employer

Angi

Add a Review

Angi Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jun 12, 2020

Found 49 of over 3,147 reviews

2.9
Angi CEO Oisin Hanrahan
Oisin Hanrahan
Pros
  • "Younger work environment, challenging(in 49 reviews)

• "Casual atmosphere and dress code(in 47 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management listens to rumors and has favorites(in 26 reviews)

• "They con service providers out of their money(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

160 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Angi and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Place to grow and improve

Jan 29, 2020 - Devops in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment with flexible hours and great benefits. Everyone is really friendly and always ready to help. I was able to learn lot of things from my team members and members from other team as well. I am very thankful to Angie's List for letting me grow in my professional career

Cons

Not really any in my experience. But one thing that I would like to have is free parking service/discounted parking service.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

It's a grind

Jun 12, 2020 - Inside Sales Representative in Olathe, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work environment Great people Potential for really great pay

Cons

Cold calling grind. Tough sell. If it was easy everyone would do it

Angi Response

HomeAdvisor

We appreciate your honest feedback as well as the time you spent serving our customers. Thanks for taking the time to highlight our work environment and earnings potential. We take pride in being able to provide a friendly and rewarding culture.. Although we’re sad to see you go, we wish you the best of luck in your future. We appreciate your feedback and wish that the position had been a better fit for you.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to start out

Feb 23, 2020 - Inside Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Younger work environment, challenging

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to reach a goal

Angi Response

HomeAdvisor

We appreciate your honest feedback.. Thanks for taking the time to highlight the opportunity for those interested in starting their career in Sales! We appreciate your service and contributions and encourage you to reach out to your local HR team if you have any concerns or questions regarding the outlook for the future!

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

tele sales

Nov 21, 2019 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment really nice people

Cons

Calling the same place someone else call last month...

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Inside Sales Representative

Jun 19, 2019 - Inside Sales Representative in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extremly fun work environment

Cons

A lot of calls every day

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Senior Sales Consultant

Mar 22, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to earn a lot of money. Great work environment. Awesome culture.

Cons

There are no cons. It is a great place to work.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Angie's List - Advertising Sales Consultant: "A Day in the Life"

Oct 23, 2013 - Advertising Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation, Relaxed contemporary work environment, Management that is approachable and embraces your suggestions..... The Base Salary is minimal, but the opportunity that it provides makes this the perfect place if you don't mind "working" other than how fast the pay ramps up there are really no complaints....Its sales so you will have to deal with clients that delay decisions, but again its sales not order taking.

Cons

As with any commission based job you need to gain traction...Even with Bonus' in place it does take time for the checks to start piling on... Health Insurance is available after 30 days, but it is a High Deductible Health Care Plan so at times it can be expensive still with getting very little benefits until you cover your Deductible...Then everything is covered @ 100%

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Company is perfect for some people.

Nov 11, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment is fast paced and challenging. People work hard, but also find time to relax and have fun. I felt like I worked with intelligent people who were motivated to do a good job. Benefits are excellent, good insurance with plenty of vacation time. Good work-life balance, plus you can wear jeans every day to work.

Cons

Constant changes in the organization, constant restructuring. This includes who you work for, the software you may be using or developing in and where you sit. The physical work environment is something to be desired. If you are thinking about working here, ask what building you'll be working in and where you'll be sitting because some buildings are in better shape than others. Although keep in mind that they move employees around constantly to different locations. Also, pay is not as competitive as other companies and turnover is high. If you're open to a fast paced, changing environment, a lot of social events available for employees, good benefits, but not necessarily looking to make a lot of money, then this place is for you. And...if you're straight out of college, then I would definitely recommend working here to jump start your career.

9. 5.0

Advertising Sales Consultant

Aug 28, 2014 - Advertising Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The working atmosphere is fantastic. Thing of a work environment that allows you to essentially be your own boss and create your own success while being surrounded by a lot of great people. Angie's List is like a family. The company brand as well as the products and services that Angie's List offers is great. There are great workout facilities for you to get the most out of your day while on campus, they have programs set up for Employee Happiness, and you can make a very lucrative living there.

Cons

Angie's List is growing at an extremely fast pace right now. As with any company that experiences this, there can be some growing pains and the different internal programs can change on a dime. Be prepared to challenge yourself as a true salesman and be ready for an ever-changing environment.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 1.0

Poor Management!

Oct 17, 2014 - Ad Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, excellent benefits package and corporate culture. They have company wide celebrations and the company has opportunities to move up to management positions. Paid vacations, and PTO days.

Cons

Company has not made a profit since the companies beginnings 18 years ago. This is a large company of over 1000 employees with the business mentality of a small business. This company does not take care of their salesmen. They continue to degrade the amount and quality of leads and expect high results. They constantly change the pay plan and commission rate to their benefit. They hire hundreds of employees to take advantage of the economical incentives paid to them from the state of Indiana. Then they take leads from the other Reps that have tenure not caring if they have enough leads to make a living.

5 people found this review helpful