Anglian Home Improvements Reviews | Glassdoor

Anglian Home Improvements CEO Martin Kellett
Martin Kellett
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Do not recommend. Wish I could give 0 stars."

Pros

I came across a few lovely genuine people. Other than that, this is an appealing place to be, do not get trapped here.

Cons

Bully managers, next to no pay, most people are unhappy to be there. Promised progression and was made redundant after working really hard. Workload was always too much. Few managers hide behind administraters (16k). One manager recieved multiple complaints against him from different people but he is still there?!

Advice to Management

Increase pay then maybe people won't mind you being up their backside all day everyday

"exsalesman"

Former Freelancer - Salesman in Norwich, England (UK)
    Former Freelancer - Salesman in Norwich, England (UK)

I worked at Anglian Home Improvements (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can't think of any anymore, it used to be a great company to work for back in the 1980's and 1990's,IT still does do a good training program,

Cons

sent out on company leads where customers are promised thing company don't do but if you are lucky to sell some think the ASL and the surveyors seemed to pull back all your money so it seems your working to give the company money .as all yours money goes in petrol. good luck if you do become a salesman

Advice to Management

recruit within and stop getting people, , from other company's to become managers,

3. "0 hour contract"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Anglian Home Improvements as a contractor

Pros

I guess there's no limit to how much you can earn..

Cons

It's a zero hour contract, there is no base pay. You can work for the whole day and earn nothing.

Advice to Management

Get some base pay for your employees.

"I'm stuck here for now - as I must work off a debt to the company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Gillingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Gillingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Anglian Home Improvements full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The brochures are very glossy

Cons

Corners cut at every opportunity - Sales Reps are encouraged to mis-sell. Products are changed after survey to lower specs. Pay is clawed back whilst Directors get Bonuses.
    Contractors are the poorest I've seen

"Go for retail instead"

Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Woking, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Woking, England (UK)

I worked at Anglian Home Improvements part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't really think of any

Cons

Cold calling a huge list of names offering £2k+ conservatories. Was below min. wage when I worked there. Not a great job.

Advice to Management

Think of better ways to screen your leads.

"A disappointing experience"

Former Employee - Marketing Department in Norwich, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Marketing Department in Norwich, England (UK)

I worked at Anglian Home Improvements full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people let down by a lot of CEO changes

Cons

CEO office has a revolving door

Advice to Management

Start thinking about the team

"Avoid like the plague"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in London, England (UK)

I worked at Anglian Home Improvements full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Get to drive around all day
    - Tax benefits to being self employed

Cons

- Forced to be a pushy saleman
    - commission only
    - Lied to me at interview and told me its 15% commission, its not its average about 1/2% per deal
    - Forced to manipulate and lie to vulnerable people
    - costs £700 upfront to buy their laptop selling equipment
    - terrible leads, imagine driving 45 miles to someone who dont even want you to get out a tape measure

Advice to Management

stop using high pressure sales tactics, stop lying and actually try to stand out from all the other companies in this hell hole of an industry

"Admin"

Current Employee - Administration Coordinator
    Current Employee - Administration Coordinator

I have been working at Anglian Home Improvements full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a pleasure working with some of my colleagues who i see as family.

Cons

Management lie to you about opportunities for progression to keep you in the position your in. The pay doesnt reflect the amount of responsibilities that are put on you. Admin are made responsible for managers duties and not rewarded or even thanked for works achieved. You are encouraged to lie to exsisting customers who have remedial works outstanding in order to achieve revenue targets. Managers falsify figures to achieve revenue targets. There is little to no training and you are expected to just get on with it and learn yourself. The office conditions are appalling and in some cases not deemed a safe working environment. HR are more like counselling and are there to just listen and not action. Field managers are paid double what admin are and are either less experienced or just down right lazy and do the very minimum.
    If you are hard worker, good at your job and very helpful then you will just get took advantage of. Field managers are not employed on experience but employed on how well they know senior management. Management speak to admin like crap and laugh when its witnessed to make it look acceptable. Admin are not warned or punished when they speak to customers, with what can only be described as, disrespectful and appallingly.

Advice to Management

Shut down, restructure, review pay, review mangers experience to pay, give employees better incentives and career stepping stones then possibly think about reopening for business.

"Self Employed Anglian Sales"

Former Employee - Self Employed Salesman in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Self Employed Salesman in Birmingham, England (UK)

I worked at Anglian Home Improvements full-time

Pros

Not a good company to do any work for. Managers keep the best leads for them and their friends. Have heard of cases where managers have actually cancelled sales made by salesmen and then re did contract for themselves, so that they earned the comission.

Cons

Very corrupt company to work for on a self employed basis, and you may as well send a cheque for £2000 than waste your time, because that is what it will cost you over 6 months.

Advice to Management

Sort out your corrupt self employed sales management teams before you even consider listing the business on the stock market.

"Rubbish product cheep and nasty worst ive ever installed"

Current Employee - Installations in Bar Hill, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Installations in Bar Hill, England (UK)

I have been working at Anglian Home Improvements full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Absolutely none should be called rip off home improvements

Cons

If you buy anglian you have been . I work for anglian as an installer and can honestly say you really can buy anything worse . Bad quality composit doors faid and peel .most windows and doors are damage in one way or another we bodge them with silicone so you dont notice till after you've paid . Sorry but pls buy off you local small company fror a fraction of the price and far better quality , anglian are appalling you have been WARNED

Advice to Management

How do you seep at night