KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 285 of over 794 reviews

4.4
Anglo American Chief Executive Mark Cutifani
Mark Cutifani
Pros
  • "work-life balance, good company brand, learning and development opportunities(in 11 reviews)

• "Good benefits and incentives for the employees(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Hard work and long hours international projects in multiple time zones(in 10 reviews)

• "Work life balance could be improved(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great company

Mar 30, 2021 - Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Benefits benefits benefits benefits

Cons

Some inexperienced managers managers managers

Talent Acquisition Operations

Thank you for your honest review. We value your feedback and continually strive for excellence. We pride ourselves with offering our employees very competitive benefits and support and will continue to improve our benefits and offerings going forward.

2. 2.0

Game of Thrones Meets Hunger Games

Jun 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great compensation and truly wonderful people at the operational levels.

Cons

Executive leadership at the Group level ruthlessly compete with one another, rather than working as a team. This, sadly, drags all of the wonderful people in the company down with them in their individual quests for utter and complete domination over one another. Diversity and inclusion, while important for the sake of inflating numbers for investor relations purposes, is not truly valued. There are clearly cultures and classes of people that are “haves” and others who are “have nots” and the top of the organization is still incredibly paternalistic and has an old, stodgy “Commonwealth” feel to it. Any sincere attempt to actually disturb this equilibrium will face dire consequences.

Anglo American Response

Thank you for your honest feedback, which helps us in our ongoing work to evolve our business. We are constantly working on improving our processes as well as our leadership styles to ensure our employees have the best guidance to perform at the best of their abilities.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best mining industry

Jun 25, 2021 - Electrician in Little Africa, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worker first and zero tolerance to work environmental protection.

Cons

Take your co worker as your family

Anglo American Response

Thank you for your honest feedback. We value your feedback and continually strive for excellence. We are constantly improving our processes as well as our leadership styles

4. 2.0

Difficult Environment

Feb 11, 2021 - General Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall compensation and benefits package and options

Cons

A bit like Game of Thrones

Talent Acquisition Operations

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Solid company

Oct 9, 2020 - Systems Administrator in Denmark, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good emplyee environment, neice colleagues

Cons

Busy job! But with good colleagues it works

Sourcing Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review. We always strive for excellence and will continuously work on improving our culture and living our company values.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Chief Surveyor

Sep 26, 2017 - Chief Surveyor in Little Africa, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for, experience in many countries, dedicated to improve employee satisfaction, promotions made on merit, management training

Cons

Limited to countries with mineral resources, mostly technical experience required, large corporate with few promotion opportunities, restricted to mining and resources industry

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Admin

Oct 23, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company really focuses on business integrity and safety.

Cons

The upper level management has a very elitist attitude and barely acknowledges staff beneath them. It does nothing to boost morale.

2 people found this review helpful

Sourcing Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your honest feedback, which helps us in our ongoing work to evolve our business. We are constantly working on improving our processes as well as our leadership styles to ensure our employees have the best guidance to perform at the best of their abilities. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jul 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is well run with the CEO and GMC having a clear strategy and direction

Cons

Whilst the overall group has a clear direction some of the functional leadership are more concerned with their own ambition rather than the company's

Anglo American Response

Thank you for your honest feedback. We value your feedback and continually strive for excellence. We are constantly working on improving our processes as well as our leadership styles to ensure our employees have the best guidance to perform at the best of their abilities.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent, purpose-driven company to work for with great benefits

Jun 20, 2021 - Group Head in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership team strongly bought into the company’s purpose (Re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives), genuinely great bunch of very diverse professionals, good benefits and lots of leeway to look at things differently.

Cons

The company’s growth and global footprint mean working hours can be long (although they are pretty flexible about working arrangements, particularly for those with caring responsibilities).

Anglo American Response

Thank you for your honest feedback. We value your feedback and continually strive for excellence. We have incredibly innovative and inspiring leaders in our organisation whom we are very proud of.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Anglo Platinum

Jul 11, 2021 - ElectroMechanical Engineer in Rustenburg, North-West, North-West
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee benefits Great salary Excellent experience

Cons

poor working area Remote locations remote Locations in the north west

Viewing 1 - 10 of 285 Reviews