Anham Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Anham"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Anham as a contractor

Pros

Great place to work with solid support from home office

Cons

NONE for this company, period

"Big turn around"

I have been working at Anham full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In general, ANHAM has had a big turnaround since the new management came in at the beginning of 2014. There are routine performance reviews, management is more accessible, and office morale has improved. We also have meetings with the CEO every few months to hear about the status of the company, new business, etc.

ANHAM still has great health and dental benefits. They changed slightly, but are still better than anything any of my friends have.

Overall it is a good place to work at and has improved a lot in the last year and a half

Cons

Government contracting is a capricious field, and not winning a few contracts or a change in foreign policy could have a cascading effect, but that is just the risk of being in this type of work. It is not a "con" of ANHAM, just the field in general.

3. ""Highly Improved""

Pros

ANHAM provides excellent Employee benefits: medical, dental, company contribution to 401(k) and Flex Spending. Just as any growing Company, ANHAM has been faced with many challenges to keep up with the demands of the business, but has always been able to improve and continue it's commitment for the betterment of the business and employees. ANHAM has taken positive steps to keep employees informed; Management highly improved the open communication by being transparent with Company goals and they invite feedback on regular Company wide meetings. Employee morale has improved as well due a more supportive environment, salary adjustments, bonus, work recognition and Company outings. Co-workers are great!

Cons

Currently slow moving business development.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve supportive environment and competitive salaries to employees.

4. "If you like DoD Government Contracting in the Middle East..."

I have been working at Anham full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Anham took on new management in 2014 and since then things have gone splendidly. They are extremely approachable and take time to get to know their employees. They also make a point of teaching employees new skills. They expect reasonable hours which are proportionate to the pretty sweet benefits all full-time employees receive.

As far as the rest of the employees go, most have been there a long time and are generally pretty friendly. The company picnics and parties are low key and not awkward. Anham does diversity--it is by far the most multicultural work experience I've ever had.

Cons

Although the new management Anham is actively looking into expand business prospects, the company doesn't seem to be growing very quickly. There are several empty offices that have been that way for quite some time.

5. "HORRIBLE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at Anham full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can surf the internet freely, and the people you work with are great.

Cons

NO structure or promotion potentional in the company. Upper Management save a few select people were BEYOND HORRIBLE. Rude, demeaning, hostile work environment.

Advice to Management

Train your employees, allow them to be proactive.

6. "If only I could give zero stars..."

I have been working at Anham full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can do absolutely nothing all day and be bored out of your mind, and would likely never get fired.

Many of the employees (coworkers) are awesome people.

Cons

Everything.

The management is beyond incompetent and so "Old School", and I mean zero flexibility with schedules, the management is super private and sketchy about everything. If you try to contribute in any way, the managers get suspicious of you. You basically go in, do the little work you have, if any, spend the rest of the day bored out of your mind, and KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN. I am not kidding, pro-activity is the quickest way to get in trouble, demoted, or fired, and I have seen it happen.

90% of the employees are underpaid so management can make the big bucks. I mean people leave this company and make double what they made here... It is that level of underpayment with zero appreciation.

Dead end job. The only way you get promoted is if your immediate supervisor quits or dies (because despite the fact that many of them do nothing anyway, they won't get fired). The number of people who actually do work is so minimal. And it is not the employees, the managers trust NO ONE, give out no work, and then wait until when the deadline was due last week to get stuff started. Basically, they are bodies to rationalize a larger overhead...

Also, they are the most unorganized company. I am constantly running into roadblocks trying to do my job because I have asked for access to something and they are reluctant to give it to me, despite actually needing it to get something done (forget about trying to proactively do anything, like I said). And I am not talking about classified or secret info, this is stuff I need to do the job I was hired for.

DO NOT WORK HERE. I cannot stress it enough. You will never get a raise, never get promoted, and not only not learn or develop at all as a professional, you will lose any skill or work ethic you ever had. The apathy here is contagious.

This is where careers go to die.

Advice to Management

Appreciate employees, give promotions and raises to employees, and start implementing reforms because many of your policies do not reflect a normal and healthy work environment.

7. "Dead End Job"

I worked at Anham full-time

Pros

You can do pretty much whatever you want with zero supervision.

Cons

Company does not look out for the employee well being nor does it train or professionally develop employee skill sets. Incredibly cheap, poor management, poor employee performance due to lack of motivated managers with zero experience. You will loose your skill set for sure.. If you have a clearance they will not renew it, and they will use you until your's expires. Then they will either fire you or push you into a corner.

Advice to Management

Hire real managers, not family connections that want to feel important.

"Lots of bored people, who are skilled but always waiting for the fires to start so they have more to do."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Pros

Good place to work if you don't care about not having corporate structure, individual goals, communication from management or pay raises. Because management has no idea what you do, you can have a good work/life balance. Benefits are 100% paid by ANHAM.

Cons

Management does not care about the professional well being or longevity of their employees. I was shipped out many times with nearly no notice. Zero respect from managers. No meetings to communicate company information. No yearly employee evaluations. No annual raises. No written expectations other than to show up 9-5 and do anything they ask. Most people are bored and many surf all day. Management is so paranoid that they have installed video monitors throughout the office.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees to do the right thing. Pay them competitively, assess contributions on paper and get rid of the dead weight that provide no value. Cameras and yelling are good for raising bratty kids not for grooming professionals.

9. "ANHAM"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at Anham full-time

Pros

As a private company you wouldn't experience much of bureaucracy - always result oriented - get the job done - good pay and supporting

Cons

I always enjoyed working with company - nothing to dislike