Anheuser-Busch Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Anheuser-Busch President, North America João Castro Neves
João Castro Neves

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Hours fun great people helping with school free beer (in 65 reviews)

• Stability,overtime, 2 free cases of beer per month, you get to work for a well known and respected company (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance isn't quite manageable (in 47 reviews)

• long hours; double work; unattainable KPI's; many inexperienced young employees; lack of communication; (in 33 reviews)

1. "Poor Senior Management"

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time

Pros

- 401 k
    - You get a case of beer once a month

Cons

- Senior managers do not care about employees
    - Unless you work at the New York location, you are not treated fairly

2. "Poor Management"

I worked at Anheuser-Busch full-time

Pros

Good Salary and benefits package

Cons

Confused Management and lack of innovation on the regional level

Advice to Management

Clear paths of communication needed

"Director, Marketing"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Anheuser-Busch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stock (if you can last 5 years) and a 9% 401k Match( if you can last 3 years), mediocre health benefits and opportunity to work with large marketing agencies if in marketing

Cons

Leadership is poor and inexperienced. People are not valued but rather treated like "cattle". Lots of people in roles they are not ready for causing the massive decline of Core brands. No respect for diversity, it's simply a check the box for the company. Working 12 hour days and weekends is expected and the norm. The review process is flawed and completely subjective and not based on meritocracy or results. No American Sr. leadership therefore no sense of American Values for a 16 Billion dollar portfolio in America inclusive of iconic American Brands. ( head of marketing, head of sales and head of North America are Brazilian). 3 year 401k vest and 5 year stock vest.

Advice to Management

Value your people, listen when they voice concerns

"Trade Activation Manager"

I worked at Anheuser-Busch full-time

Pros

Flexible, good pay, attainable goals

Cons

sudden unemployment, no severance, communication was lacking

"Outside Applicants Beware"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some great people

Cons

Outside hires don't have the same advantages in getting promoted as their global management program counterparts. Senior management are encouraged to promote those first.

Advice to Management

Develop all employees and engagement may increase

6. "Terrible Place to work and getting worse"

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time

Pros

Free beer tickets every month.

Cons

employees not appreciated and taken advantage of and not given equal benefits as brewery employees. Grants farm lower level workers are taken advantage of and upper management does not care or even look into the issues.

Advice to Management

I have heard so many terrible things on this company and how it treats it lower level workers. I recently heard that the company had a Employee Appreciation day at Grants Farm???? You do realize that the people you have working here are your employees???? How can you have an employee appreciation day and have an entire part of your company work. This sickens me. Way to treat your employees AB.

"Dream-People-Culture Hoax"

Current Employee - Senior District Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior District Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

External reputation still good since not everyone knows how truly bad it is at AB. I have met great people in my years with AB.

Cons

So many, is hard to decide what not to include. I will share a few. Abundant incompetence. Desperate retail solutions that are not rooted on market knowledge. Constant firing of experienced people that are replaced by young, energetic and inexperienced types. Ineffective marketing due to terrible CMO leadership over past years. Key brands are dying with no solution in sight. Bud Light and Budweiser are struggling for consumer relevance. Worst performers are often rewarded with a promotion if they suck-up to the right people. Most of the sales team time is spent on "administrative" stuff versus selling. Wholesalers are not "aligned" with new, despised, AB culture. Employees are placed on "Recovery Plans" as a tactic to squeeze more work out of them since the job is at risk. Low employee morale. Long working hours are a way of life. My peers and I average over 60 hours a week or more as a normal. I have seen over 20+ persons leave or get fired in the past year alone and that is just at our Texas-Louisiana-Arkansas-New Mexico Regional office. Attrition at New York HQ office is bad as well.

Advice to Management

Stabilize people attrition. Listen to consumers and customers. Stop bringing people with little to no US marketing or sales experience to lead at the top of sales and marketing. Learn more about what made AB great in the past and recognize that you are going on the opposite direction.

8. "Get Your Head Examined If you Want to Work Here"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch as a contractor

Pros

Free Beer, Benefits, Occasional Sporting Events

Cons

Management, Upward Movement, Everything Else

Advice to Management

Dont screw with your hardworking employees, plain and simple. Ive been with the company for 6 years and they moved me to a contract position. Forced my hand into signing a non-compete or I would lose my job.

HR is the worst because they break EVERY rule in the book that HR is supposed to uphold including your privacy and confidentiality.

Management makes many promises for upward movement. Even extends promotions and then takes them back. When you ask for more work or responsibility the tell you don't worry about it, you're doing a good job. But then turn around a month later saying you aren't working hard enough and aren't doing enough work. Ive kept my head down and kept the corporate drama out of my life, but people who aren't even in your team will make lies up to management about how you're doing to make themselves look good. Management is very quick to accuse without getting all the facts and even if you prove them wrong, you're still punished for it.

A raise? haha think again. I have never seen one in the past 6 years. Oh and OPR reviews, I have also never had one of those. When I've asked to have my review, I am also told don't worry about it.

The Brazilians are running the company into the ground. Hiring the "best and the brightest" yet they don't have any intelligence regarding the actual world and how things operate. They live in their ivory tower making tons of money while the people at the bottom who actually bring in the sales earn nothing. Look at your own country Brazilians, its in ruin. Don't come to America and try and run things the same way, because in the end you will be left with a pile of nothing and ruin one of the most iconic American brands. If you're an American, don't bother applying because you will be replaced by a Brazilian anyway.

"Benefits specialist"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Anheuser-Busch as a contractor

Pros

None. Under Inbev this is not a good place to work

Cons

Company is not really Anheuser Busch it is Inbev with a Brazilian CEO
    Horrible management/training and pay

Advice to Management

Treat you employees like human beings even if they are contract, and provide adequate training.

"Draught Team"

Former Employee - Draught Teach, in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Draught Teach, in Denver, CO

I worked at Anheuser-Busch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyed the people I worked immediately with

Cons

This company does not care about you at all. No raises in 6 years and you are asked to work a ridiculous amount of hours to make this company look good. HR and Management are ridiculous, they don't know what is going on half the time. Really disappointed in this job.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about the bottom line and care about your employees. Happy Employees are more likely to work harder for you and make your sales better. Take the approach of United Airlines, "Employees come first" because if they are happy they will promote your product with a positive attitude.