Anheuser-Busch Employee Reviews about "free beer"

Updated Jan 17, 2021

3.8
Anheuser-Busch North America CEO Michel Doukeris
Michel Doukeris
Pros
  • "Free beer and laid back work culture(in 96 reviews)

• "fun job; great people; unique experience(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is a very lean company and can make work-life balance a challenge(in 68 reviews)

• "At times very stressful and long hours(in 44 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Anheuser-Busch and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "free beer"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

Jan 17, 2021 - District Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free beer. People. Fun products. Great heritage.

Cons

Long hours. Budget Cuts. Soft industry.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Pay - Tons of Drama

Jan 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, free beer, working for an iconic company, AB HR is phenomenal, nice outdoor patio to break and eat lunch on. Beer at meetings is also cool.

Cons

Union employees are drama. They’re mean to new hires and don’t really warm up to them. I’ve seen permanent employees sabotage apprentices, seasonals, and weekenders. One employee was threatened and bullied for reporting harassment on a permanent employee which caused that person to quit. It’s really a volatile game they play and I left because I don’t have that in my soul. It gets incredibly hot in Operations and no ventilation; you are soaked in sweat from walking in the door to leaving from April to November.

3. 2.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Brand, Sub-Par Management

Dec 27, 2020 - Logistics Trainee Program (LTP) in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Resume booster, fun work environment, awesome campus, free beer, a great reputation, fun perks

Cons

Horrible management, little communication, pay slightly below average, very unprofessional

4. 4.0
      KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.temporary-former, more than 1 year

Former Warehouse Worker

Nov 7, 2020 - Warehouse Worker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay, easy to get time off. Free beer

Cons

They will randomly call to tell you you aren't on shift that day.

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review and for your time with us. We’re glad that you had a positive experience.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Treated Poorly - No Work/Life Balance

Dec 11, 2019 - Group Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free beer each month Opportunities to move up quick because of high turnover Good overtime pay - but only for scheduled overtime, most shifts work at least 3 hours extra with no pay

Cons

I worked for Anheuser Busch for one year as a Group Manager in Packaging. It was a miserable experience. I came in through the Brewery Trainee Program. The program was advertised as a 3 month rotational program where you are able to enter any of AB's numerous departments at its completion, this was not true. At the end of the program everyone was placed in packaging. To summarize my experience in the Packaging Department: - Cursed at daily by upper management for equipment breaking I had no control over - Managers expected 15min updates by phone call or text making it impossible to get anything done besides sending updates - Expected to arrive 2 hours before and stay at least an hour after each shift making at least 11 hour shifts - Culture of blaming others when things go wrong created hostility between co-workers - Constantly switching between shifts without warning makes impossible to have healthy work/life balance - Often told to come in early/ stay over with no prior warning - Have to burn vacation days to guarantee weekends or holidays off, otherwise expected to work 2 weekends a month, leading to 12 days on then 2 off - No lunch break, harassed by upper management if take a break to eat - High turnover, people constantly quitting - Bring in young managers with no intention of keeping them. Burn them out after a year or two and then bring in the next batch

12 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Poor Senior Leadership, no work-life balance

Nov 1, 2020 - Maintenance Improvement Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free beer is a nice perk. 8.5% 401K Match

Cons

No work life balance, senior leadership incapable of acknowledging systemic issues

4 people found this review helpful

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. We encourage our people to act as owners and bring forth opportunities and address issues to our leadership.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Would recommend to a friend with strong words of wisdom

Sep 1, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people - the perks (free beer) - the marketing machine

Cons

A lot of red tape - very little expectation for bonus payouts - always ready for layoffs

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. We too believe in common sense and simplicity. Our greatest strength is our people, and as a company of owners we operate with excellence and efficiency in all that we do, always having our customers and consumers in mind.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee

Toxic Work Environment

Dec 9, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free Beer, Non Management employee great to work with

Cons

Toxic Work Environment No work Life balance No Bonus Upper Management does not care about employees you are only a number

9. 4.0
      Former Contractor

Good place to work at

Sep 2, 2020 - Teradata Database Administrator in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free beer and laid back work culture.

Cons

Too many consulting firms competing for projects.

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad that you can reflect on your time with us as a good experience.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

Not a job for beginners

Oct 29, 2020 - Eletronics Technician in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

you always have free beer

Cons

Company is trying to work under Toyota model with antiquated equipment coupled with penny budget!

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. It is part of our culture to manage our costs tightly, which helps free up resources that support sustainable and profitable top-line growth. We appreciate your feedback and commitment to helping us improve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 95 Reviews