KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Anheuser-Busch

Is this your company?

Anheuser-Busch

Add a Review

Anheuser-Busch Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Oct 13, 2020

3.8
Anheuser-Busch North America CEO Michel Doukeris
Michel Doukeris
Pros
  • "Free beer and laid back work culture(in 96 reviews)

• "fun job; great people; unique experience(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is a very lean company and can make work-life balance a challenge(in 68 reviews)

• "At times very stressful and long hours(in 44 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Anheuser-Busch and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Fantastic place to build your career

Oct 13, 2020 - Solutions Intern in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, interesting work, lots of opportunities

Cons

Lower pay than other engineering

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad that you can look back on your internship as a positive experience.

2. 5.0

Part time employee

Oct 13, 2020 - Brand Ambassador
      Business Outlook

Pros

fun job; great people; unique experience

Cons

late hours; you have to work at a bar 4 days a week

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review and for your time with us.

3. 4.0

Good company

May 4, 2020 - Contract Program Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of autonomy. Great people to work with

Cons

Top heavy. Slow decision making process.

The People Team

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We encourage our people to collaborate with their managers and team to identify bureaucracy and bring potential solutions.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Just ok

Jul 7, 2020 - Director in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people , benefits, and mediocre pay

Cons

Poor senior management and communication. Extremely bureaucratic. No work/life balance, Misleading bonus structure that changes every year and rarely pays out. Pay doesn’t justify the amount of stress one will endure

Digital Analyst

Thank you for leaving a review. We understand work life balance can be challenging in a business like ours. We also believe in common sense and simplicity. We encourage you to talk with your manager or People manager about your concerns. We’re grateful for your feedback and commitment to helping us improve.

5. 5.0
      Former Intern

Great Internship

Dec 17, 2019 - Finance Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of fun, meaningful work. Great people in the office

Cons

Some days a lot less to do than others

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad that you can reflect on your time with us as a good learning experience. We wish you the best in your future career!

6. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Intern at AB, specializing in People

Sep 9, 2019 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People, Great Culture, Great Opportunities for Growth

Cons

Very big company, hard to navigate sometimes

The People Team

We’re glad you had a positive experience working with us. Thank you for leaving a review!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Aug 26, 2019 - People Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Great people. Great beer.

Cons

More flexible work hours and work from anywhere policy would be nice.

1 person found this review helpful

The People Team

We’re glad you enjoy working with us, thank you for your review.

8. 4.0

Logistics Intern

Oct 10, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People. Enjoyed coming to work everyday

Cons

Great experience. No complaints at all

The People Team

Great coworkers make all the difference, that’s just one of the reasons we consider our people our greatest asset! We’re glad you had a positive experience interning with us and thank you for leaving a review!

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Only if you need a foot in the door

May 29, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I met some great people and learned some valuable skills by working with them and hearing their perspective. Ability to move up quickly if you are willing to work all hours and move anywhere in the country. Not always option as you mature through your life and career. Good distributor partners when they aren't being forced to comply with the WEA. Go back to working together...

Cons

Terrible culture, especially in the Region office. Management pushes down out of touch programs, do not trust their employees, and expect unrealistic results. I spent more time running around surveying accounts than building relationships with our distributors and retail. HR is a joke, good luck ever trying to get a question answered with them. The turnover is extremely high in Region 5, which is probably why you can never get a question answered. Contractors fill many of the sales roles that interact at retail. They are treated as disposable and not even referred to by name in the office. They could use more tools and proper training. Overall, felt like nothing but a number here. Such a shame that this isn't the AB of the good old days. I had high hopes.

Continue reading
      3 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Dream-People-Culture Hoax

Jun 2, 2017 - Senior District Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

External reputation still good since not everyone knows how truly bad it is at AB. I have met great people in my years with AB.

Cons

So many, is hard to decide what not to include. I will share a few. Abundant incompetence. Desperate retail solutions that are not rooted on market knowledge. Constant firing of experienced people that are replaced by young, energetic and inexperienced types. Ineffective marketing due to terrible CMO leadership over past years. Key brands are dying with no solution in sight. Bud Light and Budweiser are struggling for consumer relevance. Worst performers are often rewarded with a promotion if they suck-up to the right people. Most of the sales team time is spent on "administrative" stuff versus selling. Wholesalers are not "aligned" with new, despised, AB culture. Employees are placed on "Recovery Plans" as a tactic to squeeze more work out of them since the job is at risk. Low employee morale. Long working hours are a way of life. My peers and I average over 60 hours a week or more as a normal. I have seen over 20+ persons leave or get fired in the past year alone and that is just at our Texas-Louisiana-Arkansas-New Mexico Regional office. Attrition at New York HQ office is bad as well.

Continue reading