KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Anheuser-Busch

Is this your company?

Anheuser-Busch

Add a Review

Anheuser-Busch Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 4, 2021

3.8
Anheuser-Busch North America CEO Michel Doukeris
Michel Doukeris
Pros
  • "Free beer and laid back work culture(in 96 reviews)

• "fun job; great people; unique experience(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is a very lean company and can make work-life balance a challenge(in 68 reviews)

• "At times very stressful and long hours(in 44 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Anheuser-Busch and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Graduate-Level Summer Internship Experience

May 18, 2020 - Global MBA Summer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Immensely collaborative work environment Opportunity to immediately create impact, colleagues really allow you to own your work (it's encouraged). Quick growth because of this Great culture but ways to make your integration into the lifestyle your own Brilliant people whom you can tap into for project-related or professional needs Healthy emphasis on work-life balance and great benefits Straightforward and informal office culture International work possible And of course, working on some of the biggest brands in the beverage space!

Cons

Some disorganization in business systems (ex. HR, IT) Pace of business (exciting a lot of the time but sometimes, felt as if the organization was reactive instead of strategic)

The People Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We know that the best talent wants to work at a company with goals aligned to their own; we take pride in our great internship programs and are glad that you’re able to make an impact during your summer internship. We’re always actively looking for ways to improve, so we appreciate your feedback.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A+ Culture & Values

Jan 4, 2021 - Senior Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great and the benefits are fantastic. Love the Owner mentality.

Cons

It is a very lean company and can make work-life balance a challenge.

Sr. Specialist

Thank you for leaving a review. We’re glad to hear that you’ve had a positive experience, and that you’ve enjoyed living our culture. We recommend you contact your People partner or Manager to prioritize tasks and balance workload.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Treated Poorly - No Work/Life Balance

Dec 11, 2019 - Group Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free beer each month Opportunities to move up quick because of high turnover Good overtime pay - but only for scheduled overtime, most shifts work at least 3 hours extra with no pay

Cons

I worked for Anheuser Busch for one year as a Group Manager in Packaging. It was a miserable experience. I came in through the Brewery Trainee Program. The program was advertised as a 3 month rotational program where you are able to enter any of AB's numerous departments at its completion, this was not true. At the end of the program everyone was placed in packaging. To summarize my experience in the Packaging Department: - Cursed at daily by upper management for equipment breaking I had no control over - Managers expected 15min updates by phone call or text making it impossible to get anything done besides sending updates - Expected to arrive 2 hours before and stay at least an hour after each shift making at least 11 hour shifts - Culture of blaming others when things go wrong created hostility between co-workers - Constantly switching between shifts without warning makes impossible to have healthy work/life balance - Often told to come in early/ stay over with no prior warning - Have to burn vacation days to guarantee weekends or holidays off, otherwise expected to work 2 weekends a month, leading to 12 days on then 2 off - No lunch break, harassed by upper management if take a break to eat - High turnover, people constantly quitting - Bring in young managers with no intention of keeping them. Burn them out after a year or two and then bring in the next batch

12 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Poor Senior Leadership, no work-life balance

Nov 1, 2020 - Maintenance Improvement Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free beer is a nice perk. 8.5% 401K Match

Cons

No work life balance, senior leadership incapable of acknowledging systemic issues

4 people found this review helpful

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. We encourage our people to act as owners and bring forth opportunities and address issues to our leadership.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Toxic Work Environment

Dec 9, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free Beer, Non Management employee great to work with

Cons

Toxic Work Environment No work Life balance No Bonus Upper Management does not care about employees you are only a number

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good pay, bad management

Aug 27, 2020 - Warehouse Associate in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, overtime, benefits, fellow employees

Cons

Management, heat, forced overtime, work/life balance

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. We understand the work-life balance can be difficult in a business like ours. We encourage you to speak with your manager about how to better manage your responsibilities and tasks.

7. 4.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Good

Aug 4, 2020 - Operations Intern in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team and interesting environment to work in

Cons

Work-life balance for full time employees is a lot, not for everyone

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. We also recognize that work life balance can be a challenge and encourage you to talk with your manager about how to better manage your responsibilities and priorities. We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with us thus far!

8. 1.0
      Current Employee

No work-life balance

Sep 20, 2020 - Fulltime Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits from a big company.

Cons

No work-life balance. Bad company culture. Short-term focused goals.

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. Our greatest strength is our people. We understand work life balance can be challenging in a business like ours. We encourage you to talk with your manager or People team to review and prioritize tasks.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Terrible place to work for a newly graduated engineer

Jan 7, 2020 - Group Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, high 401k matching, good lateral movement opportunity

Cons

Upper management is meticulous and rigorous in the way they want you to manage. They say that you can develop your own management style but will punish you if you deviate from their ideals. As an engineering graduate, they promote the idea that you will do engineering, however, the entry-level job is far from technical and is purely managerial which they don't tell you. Work life balance is terrible and you're worked to the bone for your salary.

4 people found this review helpful

The People Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We understand that a career with us may not be for everyone, but there is also always room to identify gaps and improve. Thank you again for your feedback.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Just ok

Jul 7, 2020 - Director in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people , benefits, and mediocre pay

Cons

Poor senior management and communication. Extremely bureaucratic. No work/life balance, Misleading bonus structure that changes every year and rarely pays out. Pay doesn’t justify the amount of stress one will endure

Digital Analyst

Thank you for leaving a review. We understand work life balance can be challenging in a business like ours. We also believe in common sense and simplicity. We encourage you to talk with your manager or People manager about your concerns. We’re grateful for your feedback and commitment to helping us improve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Reviews