Animal Health International Anonymous Reviews | Glassdoor

Animal Health International Anonymous Reviews

Updated Nov 13, 2014

Found 2 reviews

Animal Health International CEO Kevin Pohlman (no image)
Kevin Pohlman

"Good company, but could be great."

Anonymous

I have been working at Animal Health International

Pros

Flexible schedule, most people are great to work with, training opportunities. Competitiveness and desire to evolve and change with external forces.

Cons

Unfortunately, executive management stifles company growth and innovations by not actively listening to lower level employee feedback.

Advice to Management

Cherish the feedback and ideas you receive from your employees. Otherwise these employees take their ideas elsewhere.

Animal Health International2014-11-14

"Not a progressive company"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Greeley, CO

I worked at Animal Health International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Medical benefits are decent and company offers a good PTO package. Company also offers paid time off for major holidays. I appreciated working for a company that followed through with annual reviews. Annual reviews allowed for manager feedback while establishing goals and rating performance. These were a plus because they provided feedback on what areas I was strong and helped to identify areas that need... improvement.

Cons

PTO is all-encompassing so expect to use it if you're ill or have a death in the family because there is no separate bereavement or sick pay. The work culture in the Greeley corporate office is very dismal. There are no off-site team building activities, no company picnics or Christmas parties. It's very much put your head down, do your job, and don't have any fun doing it. Pay is not great, but there is... opportunity for an annual pay increases.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if managers were more employee centric. Of course, the culture seems to flow from the top down. I think the company should drop the 'good ol boy' mentality and take a more progressive approach. I personally think they will have trouble attracting and retaining new talent if they don't change with the times.

Animal Health International2014-11-05