Found 68 of over 70 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Advertising
I recently received an offer from iProspect (part of Dentsu) I’ve heard ups and downs about this company. I currently work for a great company and not sure if I should leave. The new opportunity pays a lot more than I currently make. Does anyone have any advice about this company and whether I should take the job or not?
Senior Vice President
Role at WPP OpenX new company ? I was approached for regional role. I’m still wrapping my brain around the model. Seems good? Always hard to say from ppt slides vs reality. Any thoughts or insights? What’s the culture like? Vision? Leadership? Any pros/cons appreciated
Got a burning question about Animalz? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Animalz employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "They're amazing people and incredibly talented at what they do." (in 11 reviews)
- "The pay was and remains awful relative to US market rates, but the previously high" (in 5 reviews)
- "Great team: this is a team of high performers who really like helping each other out" (in 5 reviews)
- "flexible hours (depending on where you live)." (in 4 reviews)
- "Unfortunately, making genuine connections with the people you work with is extremely difficult, because everyone is overwhelmed and afraid to speak openly about any issues because of an entrenched culture of toxic positivity." (in 4 reviews)
- "Until the current leadership mismanaged everything so badly that even a dumpster fire wouldn't want to go near this place." (in 17 reviews)
- "Benefits are awful." (in 5 reviews)
- "An incompetent and inexperienced leadership team that looks like a bunch of children pretend" (in 5 reviews)
- "There's no investment in ongoing training and development beyond employee onboarding and senior leadership takes a top" (in 4 reviews)
- "Meanwhile, they are still sitting on their fat salaries and full benefits, while those on the ground, the ones who CONSTANTLY tried to fix things, are left to pay the price." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Animalz and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Dec 9, 2022Content Marketing ResearcherFormer Employee, more than 1 yearRemote
Animalz is a small content marketing agency and they've got a lot of very talented people working in areas such as writing, editing, copyediting, and proofreading. There are a lot of competitors for content marketing services so it's a rocky industry, but these people are doing their best to provide quality content. I enjoyed meeting some very talented folks.
Everyone works remotely so of course, you rarely if ever meet anyone in-person. They do what they can with Slack "Watercooler" meetings, but you can't replace the real in-person meetings. Nothing you can do about this really. Just stay as visible as you can.1
- 2.0Jun 9, 2023Sr. Content Marketing ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
There are still a few lower-level creative stars within the group's ranks. These people are strategic, dedicated, and beyond brilliant. They devote their mental energy to clients' success day or night -- they can't help it; it's in their DNA.
Sadly, that creativity will remain stifled and discouraged by Walter & Team (the Sacra/Animalz leaders) who berate and confuse your creative team. They'll also shuffle your creatives around so you need to retrain and reiterate, wasting everyone's time. Animalz wasn't always like this. In fact, for years, leadership vetted, hired, and carefully developed the very best marketing brains in the world. We confidently charged a premium for undeniable quality products that overachieved on strategic, documented goals. Hopeful clients hung out on a waitlist together, eyeing the day we'd do our thing for them. Today, marketing gurus talk about applying and being turned DOWN for a job at Animalz, because a new quality standard had been set. Today, though, you can expect the opposite: confusion, fear, and flimsy, see-through claims that can't be fulfilled. The Sacra/Animalz group is in a scramble to salvage its reputation after firing its best asset and moving to a freelance model where they offer contributors less than half the compensation they once earned as dedicated resources. Now they're turning to generalist "writers" (yikes) and assigning them YOUR work without a thought to that quality you're paying for.7
Animalz Reviews FAQs
Animalz has an overall rating of 2.0 out of 5, based on over 70 reviews left anonymously by employees. 16% of employees would recommend working at Animalz to a friend and 14% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -45% over the last 12 months.
16% of Animalz employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Animalz 2.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 1.8 for culture and values and 2.0 for career opportunities.