Cover image for Animalz

16% Recommend to a Friend
0% Approve of CEO

Found 68 of over 70 reviews

2.0
Animalz Founder and Chairman Walter Chen (no image)
Walter Chen

The latest conversations about Advertising

Advertising

227.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - /Community/advertising

Got a burning question about Animalz? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Animalz employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Community, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "They're amazing people and incredibly talented at what they do.(in 11 reviews)
  • "The pay was and remains awful relative to US market rates, but the previously high(in 5 reviews)
  • "Great team: this is a team of high performers who really like helping each other out(in 5 reviews)
  • "flexible hours (depending on where you live).(in 4 reviews)
  • "Unfortunately, making genuine connections with the people you work with is extremely difficult, because everyone is overwhelmed and afraid to speak openly about any issues because of an entrenched culture of toxic positivity.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
  • "Until the current leadership mismanaged everything so badly that even a dumpster fire wouldn't want to go near this place.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Benefits are awful.(in 5 reviews)
  • "An incompetent and inexperienced leadership team that looks like a bunch of children pretend(in 5 reviews)
  • "There's no investment in ongoing training and development beyond employee onboarding and senior leadership takes a top(in 4 reviews)
  • "Meanwhile, they are still sitting on their fat salaries and full benefits, while those on the ground, the ones who CONSTANTLY tried to fix things, are left to pay the price.(in 4 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Animalz and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Dec 9, 2022
      Content Marketing Researcher
      Former Employee, more than 1 year
      Remote
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Animalz is a small content marketing agency and they've got a lot of very talented people working in areas such as writing, editing, copyediting, and proofreading. There are a lot of competitors for content marketing services so it's a rocky industry, but these people are doing their best to provide quality content. I enjoyed meeting some very talented folks.

Cons

Everyone works remotely so of course, you rarely if ever meet anyone in-person. They do what they can with Slack "Watercooler" meetings, but you can't replace the real in-person meetings. Nothing you can do about this really. Just stay as visible as you can.

1. 2.0
        Jun 9, 2023
        Sr. Content Marketing Manager
        Former Employee, more than 3 years
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

There are still a few lower-level creative stars within the group's ranks. These people are strategic, dedicated, and beyond brilliant. They devote their mental energy to clients' success day or night -- they can't help it; it's in their DNA.

Cons

Sadly, that creativity will remain stifled and discouraged by Walter & Team (the Sacra/Animalz leaders) who berate and confuse your creative team. They'll also shuffle your creatives around so you need to retrain and reiterate, wasting everyone's time. Animalz wasn't always like this. In fact, for years, leadership vetted, hired, and carefully developed the very best marketing brains in the world. We confidently charged a premium for undeniable quality products that overachieved on strategic, documented goals. Hopeful clients hung out on a waitlist together, eyeing the day we'd do our thing for them. Today, marketing gurus talk about applying and being turned DOWN for a job at Animalz, because a new quality standard had been set. Today, though, you can expect the opposite: confusion, fear, and flimsy, see-through claims that can't be fulfilled. The Sacra/Animalz group is in a scramble to salvage its reputation after firing its best asset and moving to a freelance model where they offer contributors less than half the compensation they once earned as dedicated resources. Now they're turning to generalist "writers" (yikes) and assigning them YOUR work without a thought to that quality you're paying for.

2. Join the Animalz team
        See Our Latest Jobs
      Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 Reviews
      </>Embed

Animalz Reviews FAQs

Animalz has an overall rating of 2.0 out of 5, based on over 70 reviews left anonymously by employees. 16% of employees would recommend working at Animalz to a friend and 14% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -45% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Animalz employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Animalz. This rating has decreased by -33% over the last 12 months.

16% of Animalz employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Animalz 2.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 1.8 for culture and values and 2.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Animalz to be coworkers and the cons to be career development, benefits, senior leadership.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

192.4K

Property Manager

As a leasing agent for two years, I then worked my way to assistant manager for t 11 months. Then, to a property manager position, nine months into my new role as manager, I was terminated, with no warning, completely unexpected. How do I explain this undeserving action and embarrassment in an upcoming interview without any risk in the decision-making of my employment with the company I am interested in? I hope I am relaying this in a way that is understood.

Mobile Mortgage Specialist

Looking to make a career change into HR. And would really like to work at Ontario Power Generation (OPG). Any insights or tips on the OPG interview process?

Digital Communications

I completed a writing test for a well-known agency and an curious to know what will the employer look for? I feel good about it though!

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 70 Animalz reviews submitted anonymously by Animalz employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Animalz is right for you.