KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

61% Recommend to a Friend
63% Approve of CEO

Found 44 of over 44 reviews

3.7
Animalz CEO Devin Bramhall (no image)
Devin Bramhall

Publicis Health

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Your fellow writers and editors are amazing people.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Everyone is smart; no one personality dominates; and people are genuinely interesting.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Great team: this is a team of high performers who really like helping each other out(in 5 reviews)
  • "Everyone gets the same pay (benchmarked against the US standards) so you can live anywhere you want in the world without worrying whether the company will cut your pay because of lower living costs.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Unfortunately, making genuine connections with the people you work with is extremely difficult, because everyone is overwhelmed and afraid to speak openly about any issues because of an entrenched culture of toxic positivity.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Animalz and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great fit for me, but not perfect for everyone

Jul 7, 2022 - Content Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

A few days into my career at Animalz, I knew it was a great fit. However, because of past toxic job experiences, I was wary that I was in a "honeymoon" phase that would eventually wear off. Over a year later, it still hasn't worn off! No company is perfect, but what makes Animalz stand out is that leadership genuinely cares about their people and is working to make things better. Sometimes that progress is slow, sometimes it creates growing pains, etc. But I've been in places where no progress is made at all...so dealing with growing pains feels far better. It's a sign that they're continually trying to make things better and are always willing to admit when they're wrong and need to change direction. Agency life in general can be hard. It requires a focus on production, which can be stressful. But over the years they've reduced the number of articles to a manageable amount after listening to their employees. They're also working on ways to reduce the emphasis on production numbers. That's not an easy task in an agency environment, but they're willing to take it on for our sake. As far as workload, the expectation is 8 articles a month (on the months you don't take PTO). If you come from agency life, you know how manageable this is compared to most agencies that require you to write an article a day sometimes. The feedback process is hefty, so in general, the articles do take longer from start to finish, but it's so nice to be able to focus on quality over quantity.

Cons

If you haven't been in a position where you're writing full-time (or if you have no agency experience), there might be a steep learning curve to ramp up to the production required. So if you're genuinely not interested in writing full time, this probably isn't the position for you. The company is also facing growing pains right now (largely due to restructuring how teams work). This is natural with any company, but if you're easily stressed out by change then maybe consider applying 6 months from now when things have stabilized.

7 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Churn and burn

Aug 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Truly gifted editors. Working at Animalz will supercharge anyone's writing, research, and SEO chops. It's like going to college except you get paid. - The chance to work with some big brands and network with tech execs. - Diverse team - super interesting people work here from all over the world. Makes the world seem less polarized and scary. - Flexibility - you can work pretty much wherever and whenever you want as long as you can get all your work done (which brings me to the cons...)

Cons

- Animalz wants really badly to be like the tech companies they serve, so they treat their people like machines. They literally refer to what they do as a "product" instead of a service. This may seem fairly innocuous at first. It may even seem exciting, edgy, and new. But then after a few months, you'll realize that all leadership truly cares about is writers producing a ton of content for a tiny fraction of what customers pay the agency. You may develop close relationships with people at this company, but it will be done on your own time and you'll have to work for it. Otherwise, you're just a cog in the machine. - Extremely top-heavy. There are too many leaders and executives (friends of the CEO) and not enough people doing work. If you want to be talked down to and urged to constantly do more work by people with less experience in the industry than you, then maybe this is a good place. For everyone else, it's difficult to stomach. - Non-writing work is unaccounted for. Writers do much more than write - they meet with the customers (as well as their own teams), create their own briefs, research, outline, and optimize articles. They respond to customer feedback, create reports, and shepherd all their work through multiple rounds of revision and multiple steps of delivery as requested by customers, leadership, team leads, and editors. None of this work is accounted for in their workload. - Zero training for difficult subject matter. Some clients at Animalz are easy to write for, but many require technical expertise and/or a ton of research. And no one is trained on how to write on these technical topics. Leaders assume writers will just figure it out on their own time. If you fall behind on your workload, you have to make that up by working late, on weekends, or on vacation. This pace of work becomes extremely difficult to balance with the high writing standards of the agency and the high quality expectations of the clients who pay a premium price for this "product" and expect writers to deliver on promises they aren't equipped for. The result is employees burn out, and clients churn. - Low pay and few benefits for the industry. At first glance, the pay at Animalz may seem fair. But when you factor in the time and expertise required, most writers will be better off elsewhere, either as an in-house writer or a freelancer. Animalz doesn't offer retirement matching. They also recently switched to an unlimited vacation model, which will only harm people with mental health issues, family responsibilities, or difficult clients because they won't be able to take any time off if they aren't meeting production quotas. - Gaslighting is common. When people have problems or bring up a concern, they are routinely told the problem doesn't exist and no one else has that concern. - Few REAL advancement opportunities. Right now, clients are leaving. Many tech companies and startups which Animalz serves are cutting their marketing spend, and first up on the chopping block is their expensive content machine (Animalz). This reality, plus the burnout that writers constantly undergo, means that you're unlikely to meeting your production goals to warrant a promotion, and even if you ARE able to meet all your production goals, the company's revenue may not be able to support your promotion anytime soon because they are trying so hard to improve their financial situation.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

How to Run a Company Into the Ground

May 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

As other people have written, the saving grace of Animalz is getting to work with writers and editors (and some team leads) who care deeply about doing good work and supporting each other. The high degree of editorial oversight means that even if you learn nothing else, you will walk away from the company as a better writer. Unfortunately, making genuine connections with the people you work with is extremely difficult, because everyone is overwhelmed and afraid to speak openly about any issues because of an entrenched culture of toxic positivity. It is still possible to have a good experience at Animalz if: -You have a natural ability to produce huge amounts of content every week, while managing customers, coming up with content ideas, reporting on performance, and other duties -You happen to be paired with a team lead who takes an interest in you and isn’t so completely overwhelmed that they can’t help you at all -You happen to be assigned to customers with an approach to content that makes sense, and who have reasonable expectations of you. (Because if they don’t, you should not expect support from the company in pushing back on them.) -You are capable of focusing only on your own work, and ignoring the people burning out and quitting all around you, the nonsensical proclamations from management, and the company’s increasingly dire financial straits

Cons

Animalz is in a death spiral. And even if you don’t care about the fate of the company as a whole, and you check every box in the “pros” section, you will inevitably be harmed by the experience of working at a company this grotesquely mismanaged. The company's issues with burnout, churn, and work quality have already been covered by my former colleagues eloquently and at length. So I want to focus on talking about the two things that really messed me up at Animalz: toxic positivity and gaslighting. I’m aware both of those terms have been overused and robbed of their original meanings, but we can restore them to usefulness if we simply use Animalz as the universal benchmark to which all other examples can be compared. Because seriously: the place is the dictionary definition of each. I personally mark the beginning of Animalz' descent into toxicity as the day when a member of leadership imposed the “no venting “rule. This created a company culture in which it is forbidden to acknowledge problems, or publicly admit to unhappiness or stress. The enforced and false positivity has made the experience of working at Animalz deeply isolating for people, who assume that any issues with burnout and overwhelming workloads are their personal problems and not evidence of systemic failures. On top of that, Animalz explicitly rewards people for taking on duties that are *not their jobs* without compensating them for it. Your reward will come in the form of public praise for being such a "rock star," and your peers will echo this praise out of a sense of obligation, thus endlessly perpetuating the culture dominated by fake smiles and the constant repetition that "everything is fine." Which brings us to the gaslighting. As I said before, things are not going well at Animalz. But rather than acknowledge or meaningfully address that, leadership constantly tries to paper over it, and convince you that what looks like chaos is actually growth. When four members of senior leadership departed the company in three months, the CEO addressed this in an all-hands by saying that retention isn't a priority. In the face of mounting customer churn, leadership will simply change metrics to ones that it finds more favorable, rather than address the bad numbers. Every few months, leadership announces some grand new initiative or direction for the company, but these ideas are never fully thought out before they are presented, and no one can answer any questions about *how they will work*. The company is now undergoing its second major re-organization in under a year, but there's no sense of why or what it will mean on a day-to-day basis. Concerns about slipping standards and unhappy customers have led to an announcement that we now prioritize "outcomes over articles." (This would doubtlessly come as a shock to our customers, since articles are the thing they pay us for.) Oh and we're adding new products! Including video! How, you ask? No one can tell you. But the experience of having to pretend that any of the above makes sense is exhausting and demoralizing. Prolonged exposure to that kind of dishonesty is bad for your health, and I mean that very literally, since issues with sleep, substances, and anxiety are quietly rampant among the team.

17 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture and people, but we're burning out at both ends

Feb 24, 2022 - Content Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Remote work with little supervision, allowing for flexibility to work basically whenever I want to. - Onboarding is thorough and ramps up to full production slowly - Working with some of the smartest, brightest minds in content marketing, especially the Quality Team (editors) and Team Leads - If you're lucky, being assigned to write for some big-name clients and getting to exercise writing for others to gain additional practice and experience in other verticals - Working with a time-zone diverse team across the world. - Decent salary with healthcare coverage for U.S., but nothing to write home about. Management says their goal is to be above 50% of the U.S. which means pay is just slightly above average, but you'll make way more working in-house at a tech company similar to one of our clients. - Three main tracks for career development: writing, leadership (strategy), editor. You can pursue whichever one speaks to you and your career goals. - Other CMs, your Team Lead and CSM are really supportive and uplifting of each other. No work drama/favorites, and opportunities to earn public recognition for doing a great job

Cons

- Hardcore burnout. Been here for about 6 months and I've reached full production (8 article-credits) ONCE. It's a constant stressor that I'm below expectations and even though mid-management (my Team Lead) is chill about it, the company being below production goals as a whole is something that's brought up often by upper management. - Under staffed. We don't have enough CMs to manage the workload we take on, which makes it difficult to deliver on our promises to clients. We don't utilize freelancers as much as we should, which means CMs work double to make sure pieces are delivered before they go on breaks. Also understaffed on editors and copyeditors, which means when they take breaks, the rest are overworked and everyone feels bad about it. - To go with point 2, there's a hiring freeze for CMs right now, while we still see 3-6 CMs quit/fired a month. The workload is unsustainable and leading to CMs burning out to over deliver and customers churning over not meeting expectations -- or multiple CMs working hard to deliver on backlogs, which there are MORE of than not. Meanwhile, we've had so many upper management hires in the last few months - I'm not entirely sure why. The CEO talks about the org restructure, the org restructure -- but none of that is benefiting the CMs, who do the bread and butter work of Animalz: creating good content. - Comp is just okay. It's above average for entry-level/early career CMs but plateaus. No 401k match, no employer contributions for dependent coverage. PTO (20 vacation days, 5 floating holidays) is prorated based on start date, so I only had 2-3 holidays when I started in Q3 2021 - one for Thanksgiving and 1.75 for Xmas. Unlimited sick days + personal days are hard to use/justify because you have to play massive catch up when you do take them. - Learning curve is steep. Our L&D dept of one tries her best to create new resources and update old ones for us, but the processes and tools are too many and too hard to keep track of. We need a simpler content pipeline, and less shared tools. We're also expected to do things that we haven't been trained on - like ideation and content strategy, which is very, very time-consuming and difficult - You don't get to pick your clients. I was placed on a highly technical customer whose content was extremely difficult to write. Sometimes clients can be a nightmare to work with - unresponsive, demanding, nitpicky. Part of being an agency is that we're always at the beck and call of the clients. Adding CSMs to the team has mitigated the amount of context switching CMs have to do to manage clients - It's draining and time consuming to context switch. We run meetings with clients, ideate and create new content strategy AND write two articles per week. It's a lot of work and I've pulled long nights and shifts to get work done. - It's difficult to level up and promote to get salary raises. While there are paths to career development, there's really no time to work on it. Where do I find the time to work on personal development and learning the skills necessary to level up (i.e. content strategy)? - leadership says DE&I is really important but I have yet to see that really exemplified. For example, auditing our documentation for inclusive language was done on a volunteer basis - but CMs are BUSY as mentioned before. - If you want to use your experience to apply for a job elsewhere, you'll have to be creative about your portfolio because we're legally not allowed to share who our clients are, and our writing becomes the IP of Animalz/Clients. Even if you get lucky and score the big accounts, you can't mention them. Can turn your job interviews into "Source: Trust me, bro." Hopefully, the skills you hone at Animalz speak for themselves though.

18 people found this review helpful

Animalz Response

CEO

We appreciate you taking the time to write such an honest review of your time on the team. We’re making headway on the things you call out, and are proud of our team for creating such a great culture. It takes time and energy to make change in a company of 100+ people, and I’m amazed at the way our team rise to this challenge every day. As of EOY 2021, each team member now has a custom workload. We’ve also refined the CM role to have fewer areas of ownership, and re-structured to manager role to focus on coaching and support for direct reports. We also re-worked our pay and salary bands, to give us more flexibility to reward hard work and progress, as well as making our succession planning and promotions process more transparent. As we go into Q2 of this year, we have a solid hiring plan in place, a new exec team, more capacity across the team, and plans in place to increase innovation and provide more opportunities for sustainable professional development. If you feel still burned out, reach out to a member of People Ops, or your manager. We have support structures in place.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Top talent squandered

Feb 2, 2022 - Content Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Filled with great writers and editors to learn from.

Cons

Everything else. The pay is substandard, especially for content writers – the people making the actual product Animalz is selling. Content writers with any experience at all can find better pay pretty much anywhere in the current market. Animalz charges clients a king’s ransom for blogs and articles, but none of that seems to leak down to the writers. That gap is puzzling, until you see how many vice presidents, directors, and managers are stuffed into the company hierarchy. Benefits aren’t great if you’re on your own, and they’re terrible if you have a spouse or dependents. The company is clearly operating on the “hope your spouse has better benefits” philosophy of employee healthcare. The workload is extreme and is getting worse. Animalz used to pride itself on quality work, but the writers these days are given such a massive production goal that quality is noticeably slipping. And by noticeable, I mean the clients are noticing, and are subsequently churning. Worse, writers are scolded like puppies if they fall behind on production, and are said to be “letting down the team.” That management is letting down their team of writers doesn’t come up very often. When writers fall behind on these extreme production goals, work is often outsourced to freelancers who aren’t given the time, prompts, or editing support to create quality material. And so standards fall further. They won’t hire new editors at a rate commensurate with increased clients or workloads, and so standards fall even more. They really do have top talent at this agency, but management isn’t providing the framework to support them. And more of these talented individuals are leaving every day, realizing how much more money (and how much less stress) can be found out in the market right now. Onboarding was never great and appears to be getting worse, with little-to-no training on the 12+ apps the company uses. The internal organization is a mess because of it, with information being kept on random spreadsheets instead of inputted into the appropriate app with a funny animal name. All forms of dissent in the company Slack are quashed as “complaining” instead of addressed. Public call outs are becoming more frequent, where employees who made mistakes are tagged in public Slack channels with passive-aggressive messages. Morale is in the toilet, perhaps rightly so, with an everpresent air of “who is being fired or quitting next.” Lastly, and perhaps most disappointingly, Animalz is one of those companies that puts forward a progressive veneer with nothing behind it, like the storefronts on an Old West movie set. Unlimited vacation days don’t mean much when you get fired after taking them, nevermind that you have to find and coordinate freelancers yourself should you deign to take a couple days off. Which is even more frustrating, since some upper-level positions have very discreetly been given four day workweeks. There’s no true dialog with management, company all-hands meetings are basically recitals for C-Suite business jargon performances, and struggling employees are given little help. For a business based around communication, you’ll find none here.

28 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunities for the right person

Jan 20, 2022 - Content Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-- Challenging work that forces you to learn and grow -- If you're ambitious and willing and open to develop your skills, then there's a lot of opportunity for internal advancement. Management seems genuinely interested in evolving the company, improving processes and promoting people who are excited about and committed to doing the same. As other reviewers have noted, there is a good amount of employee turnover, but from my perspective, a lot of that comes down to lack of fit (particularly in the case of some people staying less than a year) -- People who have moved on from Animalz have gone on to in-house jobs at great companies -- Great, supportive coworkers -- Flexible schedules -- Decent benefits

Cons

-- Content marketing is essentially a service industry, and sometimes clients can be difficult and demanding -- The team is geographically distributed, so you need to be able to handle working with people across several time zones

6 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Learn, burn, and churn

Jan 28, 2022 - Content Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Animalz is a perplexing animal, no pun intended. On the one hand, there are great people there who do everything in their power to make life better for their team. On the other hand, their power is limited and those with the ability to effect change have no interest in doing so. For those brand new to content marketing, or those looking to rapidly grow their portfolio, Animalz has something to offer. You will work with a wide variety of clients, likely many since churn is high. This breadth of experience is great for your portfolio, especially if you have the opportunity to work with more established clients where your work is likely to garner a nice amount of traffic or other measurable results. And for those lucky enough to work with the big flashy brands, that's something fun to stick in a cover letter. Animalz also provides the opportunity to grow your skillset, largely because you'll work with talented content managers (CMs) that are often willing to teach you a thing or two, time permitting. Animalz also changed their payscale some months ago, which for some resulted in a pay increase that put them above what many other agencies would pay. (Worth noting: the pay increase wasn't applied to everyone in a uniform manner, with many benefitting more than others.)

Cons

Unfortunately Animalz has a major churn problem, both with employees and clients. Animalz went through a period of aggressive customer growth during much of 2021, the pursuit of sales overtaking the pursuit of any meaningful change in company culture. This growth, while profitable for a select few, resulted in more work than CMs could handle, overworked editors and copyeditors, and a heavy reliance on freelance writers. Clients pay a LOT of money to work with Animalz, drawn in by promises of traffic growth, brand awareness, and above all: work done by the once-renowned Animalz staff. With customer growth outpacing all else in 2021, it became commonplace for customers to have freelance writers doing their work, unbeknownst to the client. Simply put: this is a blatant lie our customers are being sold. Imagine running a five-star burger joint and serving your customers rewrapped Big Macs. When CMs questioned upper management about the use of freelancers, the answer was often something to the tune of, "It's a temporary fix and something we don't foresee happening for long." Last time I checked, freelancer use is still commonplace for all new accounts, some having freelancers on them for months before getting a permanent CM. Training is another rough spot at Animalz. Onboarding improved over my time there, but still left a lot to be desired. Team leads are often so overworked they can't devote proper time to CMs, meaning those CMs are left trying to learn from other CMs, who are equally if not more swamped than the person trying to learn. It's a vicious cycle that leaves everyone exhausted, everyone overworked, and everyone learning on the fly (or making things up on the go). Paired with the lofty promises made to clients on sales calls, and you've got a bunch of new hires set up to fail. Speaking of training, it's worth pointing out Animalz started to pivot last year during their rapid growth and loss phase. Rather than view themselves as a content agency, they started to tell employees they were becoming a learning institution. The idea being, it's expected people join the company to learn, and then "graduate" to a better job. (The latter part is at least true for most.) There are talented people at Animalz with the capacity to educate, but those foundations weren't even in place when this messaging was used in the wake of the great employee exodus. Much like telling your passengers the sinking ship is now a swimming pool, the statement that Animalz was becoming a learning institution simply wasn't true. Maybe one day Animalz will be a learning institution, but 99% of the people at Animalz came to work at a content agency, not a content agency with so little faith in their ability to retain employees they rebrand themselves. There's also a massive issue with benefits that borders on discrimination. For those without dependents, Animalz insurance is serviceable. For those with dependents, Animalz pays none of the coverage. This means people with two or three or four dependents will easily pay upwards of $12,000 per year for insurance. If you're reading this and you have an offer from Animalz, be sure to subtract these insurance costs from anything they offer you—dependent coverage is unlikely to arrive anytime soon, if ever. (The same goes for 401k matching, which was often teased but never delivered.)

17 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's a great place to work!

Jan 14, 2022 - Content Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Maybe I missed the growing pains, but I'm not sure where the negative reviews come from. I joined the team in 2021 and I can honestly say that this is the first job I've taken in a LONG time where I haven't been looking on Indeed/LinkedIn a few months in to see what else is out there due to issues in the company. I plan on being here as long as they'll have me! Everyone I've met has been supportive and as helpful as they can be. I have not experienced any sort of "toxic" and believe me, I have worked in some incredibly toxic companies before so I'd point it out if it existed. The negative reviews on here claim that the CMs are overworked, but I haven't felt that way at all. This is the first content marketing job I've had where they place an emphasis on your writing quality instead of quantity, and it's incredibly refreshing. As a CM, you'll work with an editor who challenges you and helps you spot your weaknesses so that you can grow as a writer. You'll also have a team lead to help you with any impediments and help you reach the OKRs you set for yourself. Yes, you do work directly with customers, and yes, you are responsible for the relationship, but they're working to bring in customer success managers to help take some of that off the CM's plate. I personally think it's good to work directly with the customers so that as the writer, you can establish that relationship with them and ultimately create better content. Management is also very accessible. I saw a review on here that said the CEO doesn't answer questions during office hours meetings, and that hasn't been my experience at all. Any time I've attended an office hours meeting, she's read each question and answered it as thoroughly as possible or handed it over to someone who could answer better than she could. They also encourage us to reach out via Slack or even set up a meeting with them if we need anything. If you're wanting a job where you have the ability to grow and focus on your writing, then I think you'd love it here. Other pros include: - flex schedule (great for parents especially) - 4 weeks of PTO + 5 floating holidays (first place I've worked that gives this much PTO!) - unlimited sick time/personal days (like, you can actually be sick and not have to use your PTO. amazing.) - decent benefits - 401K - detailed onboarding training

Cons

Just to keep it real, these would be the cons I've experienced: - dependent coverage is expensive - it can be overwhelming at first to learn all the processes (but that's true of any job) - you don't have any input on the clients you're assigned, which can be frustrating at times especially if you don't have existing knowledge of their field/they're more technical than what you're used to - when you work at a place with employees across the globe, it can take longer than what you're used to in a typical company to get answers to a question

5 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Top team in content

Jan 25, 2022 - Content Strategist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, peers are fantastic

Cons

Becoming a big company with all that entails

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Complete Chaos

Jan 14, 2022 - Content Marketer
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you like managing your own work and don't need any support from other people, you might be fine. You can operate on your own island and have flexibility over your hours. The career opportunities are amazing... outside of Animalz! For the time being the experience is still worth something on a resume.

Cons

This company is chaos at every level. It's a cautionary tale of "too big, too fast" without a good plan in place to support the growth. And now the company is paying for it. Content marketing managers (CMs) have to manage their own workloads with only a hokey homegrown system to keep track of deliverables. It is a wonder that anything gets delivered on time and shows a lack of commitment to company infrastructure. Delivery dates are frequently missed, with huge backlogs of work owed to clients. CMs are constantly stressed and running on empty. There was an attempt to add structure with new roles of Customer Success Managers but I feel bad for people in these roles. They're always pulled in a million directions so it only added a new layer of chaos. It's a band-aid approach for a hemorrhaging wound. Working at Animalz feels like crisis mode all the time between lack of any effective processes, employee turnover, and customer churn. The final red flag and the push I needed to send out my resume was watching talented and tenured people leave in droves. I'm sure someone from the organization will be along to comment and insist that change is in the works and change takes time. I wish I could say that I believed it, but I heard that claim over and over for more than a year. No one in leadership seems to have a clue how to right the ship and it's sinking fast.

19 people found this review helpful

Animalz Response

CEO

In 2021 we grew rapidly and in the process, we discovered some of our processes and systems weren’t as scalable as they needed to be. Once we saw the issues, we began addressing them in H2 2021. We also reduced our growth goals for 2022 by more than half, so we could avoid the issues we experienced in 2021. Over the first four months of 2022 we have: * Refined areas of ownership and expectations for all roles, especially our content manager role, with the aim of allowing the team to focus and work to their strengths. * Re-structured the company to give our managers more autonomy and agility in how they work. * Updated our pay and salary bands, to give us more flexibility to reward hard work and progress * Invested in updating core parts of our tool stack and systems. These changes are in addition to the many changes we made last year, including implementing annual market salary adjustments, creating custom workloads, implementing bi-annual bonuses, spot bonuses, and more. We continue to work on ways to improve our workload, pay, processes, and infrastructure. I appreciate candid feedback, and the opportunity to explain how we’re working to improve. If anyone reading has questions about how we’re supporting our team, let’s talk about it! - devin@animalz.co

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Reviews
</>Embed

Animalz Reviews FAQs

Animalz has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 44 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Animalz to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Animalz employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Animalz. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

61% of Animalz employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Animalz 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Animalz to be career development, coworkers and the cons to be management, benefits, senior leadership.