KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.6
Ann Taylor CEO Gary Muto
Gary Muto

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people in the stores and the product is lovely.(in 161 reviews)
  • "Hours are flexible and if you need off they are more than willing to accommodate your requests.(in 117 reviews)
  • "I was at a top tier store and had great coworkers and managers for a while.(in 73 reviews)
  • "Good benefits even for part(in 68 reviews)
  • "The teams are motivating and they're great with making sure you're growing successfully with the company.(in 65 reviews)
Cons
  • "low pay you cant talk about your salary and if you do you get fired and you get no bonuses(in 174 reviews)
  • "Poor management, very few hours, forced to push credit card sales on people, overworked(in 146 reviews)
  • "The district manager could care less about how much we were struggling and didn’t even think about asking our Co to be the new manager.(in 134 reviews)
  • "Poor upper management, crazy hours which is expected in retail, poor wages(in 80 reviews)
  • "Expected a ton with no hours to support for the size of shipments and store with no work life balance.(in 56 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ann Taylor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people to work with

Jul 23, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best is the relationships you gain by working here

Cons

Dealing with some uptight and rude customers

2. 4.0

wonderful managment

Jun 30, 2022 - Sales Asscocite
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed working for Ann Taylor loft. I was in college at the time and they really worked with my school schedule to help allow me to work a couple of hours and be able to go to school. I started over the summer before I went into my senior year and when it was time for class to restart loft allowed me to select what days would work best for me. Also, I believe this is a great job for college students who are looking to make some extra money, meet some wonderful people, and build customer service experience. I also believe they offer a new grad program w/n the corporate office for those who worked prior as SA or in their retail front store, So there is quite the opportunity for those who want to go into marketing, fashion merchandising, or business admin, etc

Cons

There are really no cons besides sometimes having to work black Friday, but that's to be expected w/ retail

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of fun

Jun 21, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at AT for 4 years, finally getting promoted to assistant manager. I love working with the clients, with the clothes, and the discounts we get as workers are fantastic. There’s never a good excuse as to why you can’t be wearing Ann during your shift! I’m a busy bee and appreciate that there is always something that needs to be done, it makes the shift fly by! I have great coworkers and great clients.

Cons

I think the push for credit cards can be hard for sure, I’ve had times where the client got annoyed with me or mad at me for even asking despite it just being an expectations as part of my job. It just turned a good experience she was having into a negative one and I hate when clients leave feeling like that.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Alright

Aug 7, 2022 - PT Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Timing is very flexible and most employees are kind

Cons

Prejudice against younger employees here

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good for retail

Jul 26, 2022 - Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Manager can make decisions. Good district manager.

Cons

Product doesn’t change. Pay for associates is terrible not competitive.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Co Workers

Jul 10, 2022 - Sales Associate/Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some are very helpful when you are learning the job.

Cons

When your report a co worker monitor that person and stop giving the person making the report such a hard time.

7. 4.0

Good experience

Jul 21, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

GREAT employee discount, Customers are usually easy to work with, Management team is great

Cons

Understaffed, little pay, ask a lot of associates

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place and even better discounts

Jul 17, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

College students! Get a job here. The hours, pay and employee discount are amazing.

Cons

You have to stand on your feet a lot.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee

Unrealistic goals

Aug 9, 2022 - Store Manager in Walnut Creek, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back environment Visual merchandising was fun

Cons

Very slow paced Revenue goals were unrealistic

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company for women

Jul 16, 2022 - Merchandiser in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance Hybrid balance between office and remote Creative Supportive and caring team

Cons

None truly. This is a rare find in the industry.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,979 Reviews

Ann Taylor Reviews FAQs

Ann Taylor has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 3,074 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Ann Taylor to a friend and 42% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Ann Taylor employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Ann Taylor. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

65% of Ann Taylor employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ann Taylor 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Ann Taylor to be work life balance, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Ann Taylor Job Seekers