Found 3,213 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I met many great people who are smart and dedicated." (in 169 reviews)
- "Hours are flexible and if you need off they are more than willing to accommodate your requests." (in 124 reviews)
- "I was at a top tier store and had great coworkers and managers for a while." (in 89 reviews)
- "Good benefits for full time employees" (in 77 reviews)
- "The teams are motivating and they're great with making sure you're growing successfully with the company." (in 67 reviews)
- "The pay is a definite a low for the amount of time and effort put into the day." (in 196 reviews)
- "Poor management, very few hours, forced to push credit card sales on people, overworked" (in 150 reviews)
- "The district manager could care less about how much we were struggling and didn’t even think about asking our Co to be the new manager." (in 140 reviews)
- "Poor upper management, crazy hours which is expected in retail, poor wages" (in 83 reviews)
- "Expected a ton with no hours to support for the size of shipments and store with no work life balance." (in 53 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Ann Taylor and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Aug 17, 2023Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSaint Louis, MO
I love Everything about working for Ann Taylor, it’s the reason I’ve stayed for as long as I have. I have great clients, great coworkers and the managers they hire are always amazing. The flexibility of hours is an added bonus- for full timers, the insurance is amazing!
Really the only downside for me is the pay. The pay is the very minimum of what my position receives and with the experience and knowledge I have, I do not get compensated for it in anyway. For the four years I’ve worked for this company, I have never once received a raise. Managers should not be payed just above the current pay they are now offering new associates.1
- 4.0Nov 10, 2023Store ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsMemphis, TN
I love the company and their culture. They truly focus on the customer and are interested in finding those who want to move up and continue their development.
They pay could be better. The payroll cost scheduling is not in favor of paying the associates. We continue to be a lower paying associate position.
- 3.0Nov 27, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearShort Pump, VA
It was an okay job but I feel favoritism was shown as it relates to hours.
Clique-y store culture. Management and team were fake supportive
- 3.0Nov 20, 2023operations/sales leadCurrent Employee
Flexible schedule and Friendly coworkers
Some associates like to start drama Little to no communication leading to problems No room for growth in management Pay sucks. Working 40+ hours a week and not considered full time, $16 an hour with no benefits is not affordable in this economy
- 1.0Nov 28, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearHillsboro, OR
- Company discounts for clothes and accessories were amazing. About 50% off
- Terrible pay and no benefits - Hostile Managers - Too much pressure to talk customers into opening a credit card
Ann Taylor Reviews FAQs
Ann Taylor has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 3,317 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Ann Taylor to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
60% of Ann Taylor employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ann Taylor 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.