Ann Taylor Employee Reviews about "credit cards"

Updated Jan 23, 2021

Found 223 of over 3K reviews

3.6
Ann Taylor CEO Gary Muto
Gary Muto
Pros
  • "Friendly Environment, Flexible Hours, Great Discount(in 312 reviews)

• "Overall great people, great pay for retail position, if you shop there the employee discount system is pretty good(in 217 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Always pushing credit cards to customers(in 223 reviews)

• "Upper management does not take the time to get to know their people(in 108 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ann Taylor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "credit cards"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Fun!

Dec 19, 2020 - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great discounts at sister stores too

Cons

Always pushing credit cards to customers

2. 4.0

Love this store

Jan 23, 2021 - Sales Associate in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great employee discounts, good charity runs, lucky to have great coworkers

Cons

Having to sell credit cards, dealing with self entitled clients

3. 4.0

Nice Part-time Gig

Jan 21, 2021 - Sales Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling, opportunities to move up in the company

Cons

They really want you to push their store credit card

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Too high of expectations on part-time employees

Nov 12, 2020 - Stylist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice clothes, but that's about it

Cons

Too many expectations for employees, especially stylists. Half your paycheck will go back into the company because they expect you to wear only their clothes and to keep up with every new collection. If you don't accessorize with their overpriced costume jewelry, you'll get yelled at by the managers while they're wearing a t-shirt, leggings, and sneakers. Felt like I was always walking on eggshells at this place. The stylist program was also so ridiculous, they expected each stylist to make $1500 in sales PER SHIFT and to also get 2 credit cards every shift. Absolutely insane, how are we supposed to each make that much when the company is literally failing?

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work for if you need a PT job

Nov 29, 2020 - Sales Lead in Lakewood, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good management, Flexible schedule, Great teams, Nice environment, Great discount

Cons

Low pay, Opening credit card is horrible, Fabric materials have been very poor,

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Cool coworkers and management but bad pay

Jan 21, 2021 - Stylist in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly staff friendly environment easy to learn

Cons

poor pay pushy with credit card applications exhausting

7. 1.0

Awful

Dec 6, 2020 - Sales Associate in Woodbridge, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

50% discount, 75% coupon book

Cons

Low hours, low pay, Mistreatment if you don't open an unrealistic amount of credit cards, racial bias, lazy incompetent managers who gossip about their employees

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee

Team leads at Loft are not flexible. Will get fired if you try to change avail for school

Sep 14, 2020 - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a job A check is a check

Cons

Credit card sign ups hours favoritism amongst employees and leads

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Retail Job (Part time)

Nov 6, 2018 - Part Time Sales Associate in Brea, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had a great team at Ann Taylor in Brea, CA. The manager was understanding and challenged me to better myself. I admire that Ann Inc. gives back to organizations such as Breast Cancer Research Foundation and St. Jude Children’s Research hospital. I was happy that I could contribute and raise funds for these causes. I enjoyed working for a brand that empowers women. They continue to shift their marketing to be inclusive of all sizes and races. I’d also like to shoutout Ann Taylor for their petite sizes, since I struggle to find clothing that fits my smaller frame. I also enjoyed the customer service skills I learned from being there. We weren’t on commission which allowed for a great team environment. Also the 50% discount is a plus and you get 75% off on certain items per season!

Cons

Opening credit cards and meeting monthly credit goals. (They’re lenient with this.) Corporate pushing customer service techniques to push sales. (Most associates already to a great job with tending to client needs.) Being paid minimum wage is not fun when you’re working so hard. The company has great employees who should be paid more than that. Employees who meet sales goals and who have accrued time there should get more frequent raises. (Just a suggestion.)

10. 1.0
      Former Employee

Great people, but, beware.

May 22, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great, the store associates are all fun, the SM’s all have each others backs, the DM’s care, overall the people are what kept me. Good discount and great product.

Cons

Work like a dog and you’ll still be told you’re not good enough. You can put in 14 hour days to get floor set done, have impeccable visuals, convert like crazy, make 100% over your sales goal, but if you don’t get credit, you’re a piece of trash. Nothing makes you not care about anything like working hard and thinking everything is great then having a review tell you you’ve probably only got a job for 90 days because you can’t sign anyone up for the 27% interest rate credit card. You can be the hardest working woman out there who hustles and busts your butt to make clients happy and the store look great but if you struggle with credit, you’re worthless. When I started with ATF everything seemed amazing, then credit changed, now, I hate going to work. I love my coworkers but I feel like I’m a trash every day because we struggle with credit. The thought of leaving makes me physically sick but so does staying.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 223 Reviews