Cover image for Ann Taylor

Part of ascena
Engaged Employer

Ann Taylor

Add a Review

Ann Taylor Employee Reviews about "credit cards"

Updated Dec 2, 2021

3.6
Ann Taylor CEO Gary Muto
Gary Muto

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I met many great people who are smart and dedicated.(in 161 reviews)
  • "Hours are flexible and if you need off they are more than willing to accommodate your requests.(in 118 reviews)
  • "I was at a top tier store and had great coworkers and managers for a while.(in 77 reviews)
  • "Good benefits even for part(in 74 reviews)
  • "The teams are motivating and they're great with making sure you're growing successfully with the company.(in 72 reviews)
Cons
  • "The pay is a definite a low for the amount of time and effort put into the day.(in 181 reviews)
  • "Poor management, very few hours, forced to push credit card sales on people, overworked(in 139 reviews)
  • "The district manager could care less about how much we were struggling and didn’t even think about asking our Co to be the new manager.(in 132 reviews)
  • "Poor upper management, zero corporate support, last minute not changes without thought to implementation, old and outdated POS systems, promo after promo after promo.(in 79 reviews)
  • "Assistant store managers, or people hoping to become assistant store managers, back stabbed to work their way up the ladder or to push others off.(in 54 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ann Taylor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "credit cards"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great part-time job

Nov 2, 2021 - Sales Associate in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing discount, which was a huge plus! f

Cons

Having to push credit cards on people.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Nice store manager, poorly run company

Dec 2, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discounts on clothes, a manager that always worked hard. If you had a nice personality she’d hire you, our manager was very inclusive.

Cons

The styles of clothes really went downhill at the Factory Store. I did not buy much even with the discount because it just wasn’t nice enough anymore. The main line store was still good. Crazy thing, they don’t push sales they really only focus on getting people to sign up for their credit card.

3. Join the Ann Taylor team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Meh

Aug 5, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, AMAZING employee discount, pretty nice clientele, and inclusive sizing. My time was respected and I enjoyed working with my co-workers.

Cons

I didn't have an incredible manager experience and pushing the store credit card was always a painful experience.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Ok while in college

Nov 14, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent hours during holiday season and good employee discount.

Cons

Hours get reduced if you don’t sell enough credit cards per week. Management was rude sometimes, similar to most retail store experiences

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Wonderful job

Jul 31, 2021 - CO Manager LOFT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The money was good, loved working with co-workers and clients. Had a great discount, always knew the latest fashion trends.

Cons

The long hours and weekends. Always working holidays. Hard to have a work life balance in retail. Company wants workers to get too many credit cards when people don't want them.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company

Aug 17, 2021 - Co-Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for and if you worked there for a long period of time, there is growth potential

Cons

IF you don't get along with your store manager, they will make your life hell. There is no work life balance and you consistently have to push the credit card.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Sales Associate Review

Jun 17, 2021 - Sales Associate in Chattanooga, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discount is great at 75% off for full price

Cons

Pay is low, high pressure to get a store credit card

9. 5.0