Annalect Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Erin Matts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Director"

I worked at Annalect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, passionate upper management.

Cons

Unable to adjust things without finance approval from OMD. Pay structure made little sense.

Advice to Management

Faster hiring process.

"Manager, Marketing Science"

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Annalect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands-off management style. Everyone is really smart yet humble. Senior management extremely approachable.

Cons

The bulk of the teams are in Chicago or NYC. So the time difference could be an initial issue if you support a client on the West Coast.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Really enjoyed my time here"

Former Employee - West Coast Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - West Coast Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Annalect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very smart people. Erin Matts and Slavi are amazing. I joined Annalect because of Scott and Erin and always admired their careers, charisma and work ethic. Scott was a wonderful genius and when I was in NY he'd just walk by and say "hey sup dude" and was very personable. The pay is great and the teams do smart work, so it feels good because you earn it. I learned more in my 3 years at Annalect than in my prior 6 years of my career combined. I also found colleagues to be pretty helpful and fun. And you get to work with GREAT brands at Omnicom.

Cons

I was a director in LA for a few years and sometimes had a hard time getting consulting training and direction on how to navigate some really challenging situations/conversations, and training on how to work with difficult people haha. :) But overall these are thing we all experience regardless of where we work, but I think the key is to have more training as people's roles evolve into territories they are less familiar with so they have an opportunity to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I appreciated the opportunity! Maybe do a bit more consulting training for new hires? The industry was changing so fast and I tried to keep up a lot, but could have used a little more training on consulting (my role turned into that but I was an analyst before).

4. "Dishonest and unprofessional"

Former Employee - Lead User Experience Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Lead User Experience Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Annalect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are located in NYC

Cons

Disorganized, dishonest, impatient, and the work is boring

Advice to Management

Get some phones

"Annalect's Possibilities"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Annalect full-time

Pros

Speaking as both the HR Lead and as an employee, I think there are things that work really well for Annalect
    As a new mom, i get to keep my door closed to pump for my child and am supported to have a good work life balance to be able to come and leave work at reasonable hours. While Omnicom does not have the strongest of maternity policies at Annalect we offer a great deal of flexibility and support for new moms like me to have the privacy and support to balance both.
    From a business perspective, while our focus has changed we are only six years old and we have stabilized our approach over the past two years and have continued to embed our business model and strategy.
    We have a performance management process, career development coaching sessions and a strong learning and development organization focused purely on our internal people to address their concerns on feedback, growth potential and learning opportunities. Our overall annual attrition rate is less than 10% with no resignations in the past few months.
    Our overall growth rate in terms of people is well over 30% with nearly all being new roles that we are heavily investing in. I spend a lot of time with my team focused on crafting the right interview experience and building the right support for our managers to be strong interviewers.
    Career growth we have a strong promotion pipeline and believe in promoting from within and giving opportunities to people
    Speaking personally, i believe in helping empower employees and managers in resolving issues and actively look to help recognize and enable others

Cons

Communication - we are constantly working on this to make it a more organic process utilizing many of our own internal tools to communicate and connect with our people. Could we communicate about our new hires better? Absolutely and we used to do it well and it will be a priority coming back into 2017
    Connecting with others - yea we get into silos, which once you say a hello you get a pretty warm welcome from anybody on the floor or the other offices. So even if you might be a bit shy in talking with new people we offer a lot of opportunities to connect with people, through our hackathons, quarterly town halls, and other events that we host. We aren't a mando-fun company so it's up to each person to want to participate and we try and offer every opportunity for people to connect and do so.

"A stepping stone at best"

Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I worked at Annalect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being located on top of the Fulton subway station makes for an easy commute. Omnicom looks good on a resume. Definitely some smart people working there.

Cons

Most hypocritical and discriminatory environment I've ever experienced. Leadership doesn't have a clue about how to create value. Product development is a joke and the company pivoted three times in the time I was there.

Pitch & acct mgmt teams purposefully incorporate lies into presentations to clients and prospects.

Very little cohesion with sister agencies (Accuen, PHD, OMD, Resolution Media, etc.) leads to duplicated and/or sloppy work.

Under no circumstances should you ever engage with HR. It actively looks for reasons to fire people, so standing out in any way may be your downfall.

You'll begin to feel dirty after a few months of working at Annalect, but muster through a year and you can leverage the Omnicom name for better/brighter opportunities.

Advice to Management

Big smile. BIG SMILE!

"Pretty good environment"

I have been working at Annalect full-time

Pros

Lots of exciting new projects and friendly coworkers. You feel like a connected family here in your career growth.

Cons

Nothing really negative to say at the moment. To all I say, keep up the good work.

Advice to Management

Keep on the good work.

"Not much to complain about"

I have been working at Annalect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Annalect is probably the sanest of any place I've worked (In light of some less-than-stellar reviews here, I'm not sure what that says about my former employers). Money-wise, Annalect is not at the extreme high-end of the scale, but seemingly pretty comparable with the rest of the media industry. I feel that my salary is fair. I do have the distinct pleasure of working with extremely smart people — and that goes a very long way. Ideas are welcome, and people tend to get very inspired by the deeper than average thought that's taking place throughout the office. There's a healthy work/life balance. We get lots of days off (more than any other place I've worked) and we select 5 Fridays to take off during the summer months. Social events here and there are a nice little perk.

Cons

"The Plan" changes often, but that's typical of any company at the bleeding edge. Like any company ... communication could be better.

Advice to Management

Err on the side of over-communication.

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Annalect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some really smart people worked there. Good work-life balance and good clients.

Cons

teams can be really silohed. Internal teams don't really work together so you never have the holistic strategic view of client account.

Advice to Management

try to get teams to work together more.

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Annalect full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Scott H. rocks. Decent pay. They're part of Omnicom. Good brands to work on.

Cons

Outsource EVERYTHING to India (reporting, AIP, data cleansing, advanced analytics). Non-profitable. Unethical. Political. Lie to clients. Manipulative.

Advice to Management

Support your staff and stop lying to clients. India does everything.