Annapurna Recruitment Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2020

4.7
Annapurna Recruitment Founder & Director Nigel Fox (no image)
Nigel Fox
Cons
  1. "Not the Worst Not the Best"

I have been working at Annapurna Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Annapurna would not be the worst place to start your recruitment or otherwise first career outside of university to gain exposure to the world of work. You will soon learn the ins and outs of recruitment and the determination and grit required to perform the monotonous and repetitive tasks required to be an "average" employee. Positive company 'start- up' culture if you are looking for no wolf of wall street sales, some defined processes and a clear progression scheme to know what is expected to move up the ranks. 2. Long overdue base salary increase across the board, compared to competitors with industry fair commission scheme for the industry (employees should not be scrimping below 23K a year base just because you highly regard your commission model as exemplary. 3. Office move (albeit temporary <2 years) to a larger open space, which will help with employees mental well-being. 4. Friday drinks fridge, fresh fruit (Sainsbury's 1x per week) 5. Benefits include: standard 20 days holiday per year, gym membership, home office, and Vitality health insurance after a certain level, weekly performance based prizes. Top yearly performers get quarterly lunch club and company trips abroad.

Cons

1. Some managers believe into this micro-management working style (it pushes people out and don't make you popular). It doesn't allow experienced employees to grow and thrive with their own creative methodologies. 2. Flexible working is not really all the flexible. Metrics based and looked down by management and few individuals for working e.g 8-5. Home office only 1 a month and you'll get inundated with messages and check up calls. These are modern times, time for you to stop resisting change. 4. Statutory minimum employer pension contributions - not at all special

July 30, 2020Marketing Manager

Thanks for your honest review. We really strive to create an environment for new starters to the recruitment world to thrive and also develop experienced consultants too so it's great to see that that transpires. Our new offices and new hybrid way of working will definitely allow for more flexibility, more creativity and more innovation when it comes to someones day-to-day structure. Appreciate the feedback and great to see some of the work we've been doing internally over the past 12 months is having a positive impact on employee experience.

2. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at Annapurna Recruitment full-time

Pros

Directors are truly engaged in the development of staff, alongside a well trained middle management team who give you the tools to succeed within the recruitment space. Company culture is excellent with excellent socials/general atmosphere is positive.

Cons

Recruitment is either for you or not, if it is, then I can see no better place to start your career.

3. "Great company to work for !"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Annapurna Recruitment full-time

Pros

Amazing company culture! Employees, senior management and directors, will want to see you win, as a result, all kinds of help will be given to you to reach your targets.

Cons

There are no significant cons.

July 27, 2020Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review!

4. "Enjoy working here - would recommend to others!"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant

I have been working at Annapurna Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great company culture - Social opportunities - Volunteering and charity work - Varied role

Cons

- Clearer progression scheme for Operations

5. "Fantastic company with a great support system"

5.0
    Current Employee - "Project Management Office Analyst, Quality Assurance"

I have been working at Annapurna Recruitment full-time

Pros

-Great training and advice from people that have succeeded in recruitment -The high-performance training program is massively beneficial -Friendly environment -Great social events

Cons

No cons so far here at Annapurna

6. "Great company - great people"

I have been working at Annapurna Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

- supportive colleagues and management - great company culture

Cons

- can't think of any cons

7. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Annapurna Recruitment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great culture - Sets you up for success - Great career progression opportunities - Huge earning potential

Cons

- Not that I can think of

July 27, 2020Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review!

8. "Amazing culture"

I have been working at Annapurna Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, atmosphere, beliefs, work ethic are all amazing and align perfectly with me.

Cons

Honestly love everything about working at Annapurna

"Fun but hard work!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Annapurna Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is nice and the higher management does try hard to organise fun social events. There's tons of training directly from the directors and they are always happy to help. You get to meet amazing people and travel to client sites for relationship building. The company's values and how they truly incorporate CSR as part of the culture.

Cons

If you don't like cold calls you won't like this and they do try to sweeten it up before you join. There's one fact and that is you'll have to do lots of cold calls. Especially if you are unlucky like me. The way the jobs were shared when I was there was terrible and my reason for leaving. After people left (and there's quite high employee turnover) they would give one person a whole portfolio. So I had no jobs and had to cold call like hell and create a portfolio for myself when my friend who was exactly the same as me got a huge portfolio of 10 jobs she could work on. Same situation with another person. The allocation of jobs showed favouritism and it's very demotivating when you have to do 50 calls and the person next to you is just handed 10 jobs because they were lucky. The culture is nice as I said but only if you are a sales person. If like me you don't like going out, partying and drinking all the time it won't be fun.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Annapurna Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very friendly & collaborative working environment which is hard to find in a recruitment firm - All staff are provided with excellent training and development on joining the company and this continues throughout your tenure - Very clear and transparent on what is required to get promoted - Very good pay structure and commission - Lots of socials - trips abroad, team days & nights out, quiz nights, lunch club for top performers (michelin star venue) and much more - Support from management - Management listen to what the employees want/need and implement change where they can. - You can feel that people love working there as soon as you enter the office

Cons

Only a minor con and nothing that people are really concerned about: -Our office needs a facelift or we need to move! The space we work in should reflect how great it is to work here.

Found 53 reviews