Anne Fontaine USA Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 11, 2019

2.5
Ari Zlotkin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Free clothes, flexible schedule" (in 3 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule and they work around my class schedule" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management is not on same page, store level management is clueless" (in 3 reviews)

• "She's very jealous of others succeeding & takes credit for YOUR hard work & sales" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Amazing place to work!"

Former Employee - Key Holder in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Anne Fontaine USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Such a beautiful collection with exquisite details. Anne is a genius and such a sweet woman to work for. Loved working an event her and her husband and for my clients to meet them. I was so disappointed when my husband was relocated for work and I had to resign.

Cons

Boutique style environment so didn’t always have the size my client needed. Need more inventory.

2. "Cut throat"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Anne Fontaine USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clothes and clients are great

Cons

No diversity in management. No growth.

Advice to Management

Needs more diversity and structure.

3. "Store manager"

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager

I have been working at Anne Fontaine USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free beautiful clothes . ( only twice a year , and only few styles to choose from )

Cons

Do Not Leave Your current job and come work for Anne Fontaine .The brand is beautiful .However ,there’s no clients to shop it .They have zero marketing , and the clothes is very expensive .Here ,you are not a manager .You are a cheap suit sales person .You need to make phone calls all day ,and bug the client over and over again .You might not see a soul in your store for hours .I don’t see the brand lasting for a long time .There’s no way they can keep stores open with as little sales they do .

Advice to Management

Get a new marketing plan going . The clothes is beautiful , get it out there , and you are not a high end brand that people dying to wear it . Lower your prices , so people buy your clothes .

4. "The worst company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Anne Fontaine USA full-time

Pros

Nothing at all.
    They gave clothes and asked to give it back in very disrespectful way.

Cons

The worst company to work for, if I can give it a zero star, I would. Very disrespectful individuals and very inconsiderate.

Advice to Management

Respect yourself and hire a mature management and then expect your business to grow. Do not make an offer to a candidate and made them leave their stable job/benefits and then let them go after a month and half because they didn't bring you another brand clients, even we they did their best in sales and UPT. But no wonder why you are an unsuccessful company.

"Feels like the 1800’s in the Deep South in the fields"

Current Employee - Key Holder in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Key Holder in New York, NY

I have been working at Anne Fontaine USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The air conditioning works sometimes.

Cons

Forced to work seven days. Hides money in her “foundation”. Pure hell. Compares herself to Hermès, L.V. Etc. Commissions are a joke. Only cares about herself, and her “possess”. But hey, bide my time and smile.

Advice to Management

Management? Ha!

"Waste of Time and Energy"

Former Employee - Key Holder in Tysons, VA
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Tysons, VA

I worked at Anne Fontaine USA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to all kinds of clients, communication skills are strengthened, and exposure to beautifully crafted clothing.

Cons

Unpredictability, focus on the wrong things.

Advice to Management

There is no job security. There tends to be more focus on professionalism towards clients and not necessarily between associates. I was let go of with no warning - wasn't given time or chance to prove myself. Felt like I went on more bank runs, coffee runs, and waiting in lines for lunch for the manager than actually working. I was fired faster than I was hired, even though I am aware I maintain a strong work ethic and level of professionalism. Would not recommend.

7. "AMAZING!"

Former Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Anne Fontaine USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great “mom and pop” like boutique on a grand platform. They are very flexible and open to new ideas. It’s a direct communication system without many “corporate” layers in between. Great pay and fun environment. Also the product is fabulous, wish I got more while employed there!

Cons

Not really a con, but you must be efficient, proactive and a good time manager to be successful here.

Advice to Management

Your just as strong as your weakest link. Train your team to do all that you can do!

8. "Unless you work in the Cape Town South Africa location... you should run!"

I worked at Anne Fontaine USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice clothes to wear for future job interviews.

Cons

I had to leave a review because I saw the two glowing reviews from two employees in South Africa but if you notice the consistent type of review involves management that steals product (yes, literal theft) and sales. (What team building!) The list goes from spiteful, childish behavior from managers, to rude, disrespectful and dismissive treatment from the CEO himself. Do yourself a favor and find something different. Unless you are looking to put yourself through hell ...

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO and clean house. Study successful companies like In-n-out 😂 (yes their employees are happy) Oh, and maybe get computer systems from at least this century.

9. "....."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Anne Fontaine USA part-time

Pros

I don't think there have some pros.

Cons

Low Benefits. 50% only 2 days a year!

Advice to Management

Up Benefits.

"Invaluable experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Anne Fontaine USA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Anne Fontaine has beautiful clothing. I enjoyed meeting new customers from around the world on a daily basis, and furthering my education on the luxury retail industry. My manager went above and beyond to help me succeed and get the most out of this experience. While working for my manager, she exercised profound leadership skills, and truly wanted her employees to excel. I felt as though I was a valued asset to her team.

Cons

I only left because I relocated to another area. Otherwise, I would have continued to work with this company.

Advice to Management

Thank you for taking the time to invest in your workforce!