AnnieMac Home Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Joseph Panebianco

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Annie Mac has a great culture, there is a real sense of family working here, the coaching/training program is great with an extensive product line (in 5 reviews)

• There are a lot of hard working employees there, but they are expected to work long hours (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They are a growing company so challenge I imagine with most growing companies, is keeping their identity intact (in 5 reviews)

• 95% of Upper management has not (in 5 reviews)

"WHY"

Former Employee - Appraisal Panel Administrative in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Appraisal Panel Administrative in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent people to work for. many company sponsored meals and events. I was giving many chances to learn and lots of free training courses. Great middle management. Open door policy up to the CEO

Cons

I helped start an appraisal department from scratch. I mean from absolutely nothing. After almost 8 years they included me in a layoff of several people in my company
    after my entire department which i trained including the managers
    After people in my department that all had less seniority then me
    After they knew I had stage 4 cancer and couldn't afford to lose my insurance.
    after every VP there told me if they could help with my situation in anyway they would..
    Yes I am bit disgruntled I admit that. but its only because this company showed my one face that I loved and needed then spit on me with another and i wasn't given any valid reason. In addition this is a honest appraisal regardless of my experience
    Its possible my work may have suffered a little due to daily pain from chemo side effects but they could of offered in lue of termination FMLC leave..I could have taken that if i wanted but i didn't want to leave them in the lurch but if was that or my job....
    I loved my job and needed and appreciated the concern they showed for me and was shattered when they laid me off, the guy that created procedure and policy for the entire department and help train every employee. Screened all the software providers to help choose one and was loved by my fellow employees.
    I was so loyal, I took 4 buses and two trains to work every day and even with Cancer i was almost never late. I was there in blizzards when others couldn't get out their driveway
    Also Hot woman there are offered promotions,prizes,trips awards etc way faster than Men. Woman in relationships with higher ups are treated with preferential treatment.

I guess maybe i had too high expectation the purpose of the company was to make money not act as a support group or friend

In almost 8 years I was given one Raise and only one performance review although i was told by a VP i was entitled to 2 reviews a year.If i was that bad why wasn't i fired sooner

Only VP in the company actually ( at the least) checks on me at least once a month. He sends me a text to say hi and how am i feeling.
    I guess perhaps I shouldn't have really believed that they had my back like i had theirs

So i would say the cons are communication
    lots of nepotism and a disrespect for total loyalty
    Lack of consistency with performance reviews and raises

Advice to Management

Reward loyalty. create performance review policy that all departments can really stick too.
    Affairs are bad for business and moral and they never ever stay secret.
    When you need to make financial cuts and you have an employee that is sick with cancer or other horrible disease try to work out a different way. ie Pay cut, different position. family medical leave.

"Worse than most"

Current Employee - Former Team Lead in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Former Team Lead in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job and that's it.

Cons

Like most CEO's out there for small companies, this one is stingy. No raises in 6 years although I get better comments than most on my reviews. The health insurance cost is atrocious. - for a family of 4, the cost exceeds my monthly income, go figure! and they keep pushing for more and more no matter what he cost or how it was obtained. one manager with the initials WC encouraged new employees to divulge and share their former employers's secrets or documents just to copy them verbatim and make them a part of their process. After their usefulness was over, they are unceremoniously let go. One of the worst I have worked for.

Advice to Management

Your employees are your bread and butter, don't rip them off or treat them like dirt or being expendable.

3. "Promises Broken"

Former Employee - MLO-Senior Loan Services Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - MLO-Senior Loan Services Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They gave a guaranty draw when you started

Cons

Was a new branch. Corprate made so many promise and delivered on none. Local management was just as bad.

"RUN Don't Walk Away From This Company"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Marketing Mavericks. They have tools that are innovative.

Cons

This company is probably the most controlling & apathetic to their employees' needs corporation I have ever worked for. Corp is not supportive and the turn times are horrific. For them it's about the CEO's & executive's profit but they could care less if the MLO make a living wage. Underwriting & overlays are the most conservative I've ever experienced & your loans will be "stiped" & suspended & rate lock extended to death. They promote themselves as a "purchase" company but you will be hard pressed to close even the cleanest of files on time. You will lose realtors dealing with this company. They have a reputation for closing even profitable offices down & laying all employees off & there will be no severance & your benefits including health insurance will be suspended that day if you're unlucky enough be be caught in their layoff. You have to go 12 layers deep to get even the simplest tasks accomplished. I suspect that the CEO is the biggest control freak I've ever encountered in business. You will pay the highest of premiums for the most basic of benefits.... Close a loan & you'll not get paid on it for 30 days. If you don't close a loan you're looking at minimum wage minus the high costs of their "benefits package". You will work copious hours & be mad when you see your check . Who does that?

Advice to Management

Care more about your company's lifeblood which is the MLO & be more supportive instead of lining your pockets at their expense. You do that & your money will come. How do you go from "Best New Office" accolades to putting them all out of work.Stop the cumbersome processes & get you some compassion for your people that don't work in NJ or somewhere up north. By the way..the layoff was a blessing...I'm with a wonderful company now that pays like most reasonable companies & gets loans closed...expeditiously. Now I feel great about soliciting Realtors.

5. "Positive aspects don't overcome negative ones"

Former Employee - Loan Originator
    Former Employee - Loan Originator

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great onboarding procedure. Lots of training, everyone is really nice, and they will be happy to help with questions.

Cons

Like most mortgage companies, they start getting greedy, buying other companies, and when rates go up they start laying off people. They have a lot of red tape with their processing, which delays closings.

"AnnieMac - fast paced Mortgage Company"

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time

Pros

Great culture
    Team environment
    Strong IT team

Cons

Slow to accept change
    Layoffs
    No 401k, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, or continuing education benefits

7. "Branch Manager"

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time

Pros

None. All potential pros are actually misrepresentations

Cons

This company is a house of cards being run by people who either have thei head in the sand or are willing to misrepresent whatever necessary to serve their purposes. Run, don't walk from this company

Advice to Management

The only advice to management is to stop hurting people by hiding behind your own incompetence. Hire real leadership, not self promoting 40 under 40's.

"Great Atmosphere... Until It's Not."

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time

Pros

Great Atmosphere
    Fun People
    Great Job
    Good Benefits
    Diversity

Cons

Poor Management
    Lack of Communication
    Misunderstanding of Time Management
    Company Only Cares About Loan Officers
    Difficult to Move Up in Company

"Quick layoffs"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employees and work atmosphere

Cons

Lack of communication between upper management and employees. Layoffs can come anytime, w/out any indication. Great work place otherwise.

Advice to Management

Better communication with employees. No reviews/no goals/no salary increases set for any employees.

10. "Would not recommend"

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment
    Flexible work hours
    Work/life balance

Cons

Benefits expensive
    No 401k match
    No bereavement days
    Layoffs not managed well, Executive promised no layoffs but they're have been several so nice the beginning of the year.
    Company grew way too fast and then did a layoff,