Anoka Technical College Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Secretarial Assistant"

I worked at Anoka Technical College part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours were flexible, The supervisor was supportive and gave me extra tasks because she trusted my abilities

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this company

Advice to Management

No advice to management they were all supportive

2. "Administration"

I worked at Anoka Technical College part-time

Pros

Fun and friendly people, and good work experience.

Cons

Bad management, unorganized, lots of drama and gossip.

3. "Pretty Good"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Anoka Technical College as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping people that are trying to improve their lives, Good coworkers and customers, Management is good at working with you to create a good work/life/school balance.

Cons

Contract employees do not get much in the ways of benefits, hiring process for full time employment takes a long time.

4. "Adjunct Coding Instructor"

Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor for Medical Coding in Stacy, MN
    Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor for Medical Coding in Stacy, MN

I worked at Anoka Technical College (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my position, it allowed me to utilize my experience as a coder in helping to guide students to become good coders.
    Being this was my first class, I felt very lucky that the Director of the Program gave me total support, guidance and direction during my time at Anoka Tech Community College.

Cons

Just that due to State Budget Cuts, my position was no longer needed.

5. "Nice supervisor, friendly environment."

Former Employee - Assistant/Administrative in Anoka, MN
    Former Employee - Assistant/Administrative in Anoka, MN

Pros

Friendly environment, staff, overall, are very nice.

Cons

Low pay, some staff are not friendly.

Advice to Management

Pay people more money.

6. "Great learning atmosphere, good motto, clean"

Pros

Ability to influence students, independence in work

Cons

Part-time schedule, some students not willing to learn (attitudes)

7. "Administration with poor communication, and no real commitment to college's mission/goals/values."

I worked at Anoka Technical College full-time

Pros

Front line staff, for the most part are dedicated to students. Faculty for the most part are also dedicated to student success.

Cons

Much of the faculty have no interest in innovation or improving their teaching styles/methods. There is continual upheaval within staffing/administration. Administration has generally poor communication with campus staff. College as a whole as no commitment to diversity and supporting their increasingly diverse student body. As a result the students greatly suffer.

Advice to Management

Rereview the colleges mission/values/goals and adhere to them. ATC as a part of MNSCU should have diversity and inclusivity as a main goal. It is clear from the make-up of the staff/faculty that this is not a priority for the campus. Faculty and staff could really benefit from diversity/multicultural sensitivity training if the college wants to stay relevant.

8. "ATC is a good place to work (if you like the status quo)."

Former Employee - Instructor in Anoka, MN
    Former Employee - Instructor in Anoka, MN

Pros

Open to new ideas & program improvements (though they are a bit resistant to change implementation). Great Benefits, Great Hours, Summers off (or additional work available for additional pay for summer courses). There are a lot of great people working there, who like to try new things & make improvements. The students were wonderful and there is a definite push for non-traditional students to attend, though administration was resistant to holding many evening & weekend courses. Top-down communication was often lacking and was being worked on when I left. ATC did achieve HLC accreditation while I was employed there. This is a great place to work for people who are not change- or improvement-motivated and are able to hold the status-quo without making waves.

Cons

This in the government sector, so it comes with all of the political & bureaucracy that that entails. Some of the frustrations I had were due to the constraints of the union. While the unions definitely affected the pay scales positively, they also help keep people who are not as competent on the job, which can be frustrating. There are also limited opportunities for pay for performance because of the unionized pay scales. Innovation & forward-thinking are not rewarded monetarily, though it is recognized by peers.

Advice to Management

Be more available and accessible to all people within the school. Create see-through management where there are little or few questions about the motives for decisions that are made.