Anpac Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 17, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gregory V. Ostergren

Pros
  • They offered a good work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• My co-workers were great people and highly competent (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor management, low pay, outsource to India (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management tried to appear to have an open door policy but were very disconnected and unapproachable (in 4 reviews)

1. "Good Company Poor Compensation"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Most departments are flexible with scheduling

Cons

Poor compensation for the amount of workload.

2. "Work/Life Balance and Rewarding Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance
    Upper leadership support
    Continuing education and professional growth opportunity
    Great people/co-workers

Cons

Salary (compared to similar companies/industry markets)
    Some communication barriers

Advice to Management

Maintain an open-door policy and utilize the information given by staff
    Continue searching for ways to improve and enhance the culture and communication of the company and locations

3. "Management are inattentive to workforce at times"

Former Employee - Career Development Trainee - CSC in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Career Development Trainee - CSC in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Scheduling worked around my class schedule. Scheduling was consistent. Coworkers were friendly. A weekly meeting is held between employees and their manager(s) to discuss work related content.This allowed managers to learn of issues or troubles.

Cons

Schedules are made a month at a time meaning you have to know when you want time away from work four weeks in advance. Management often failed to take initiative on issues that directly affected employees. Procedures and policies for phone calls constantly change resulting in miscommunication across multiple departments.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees! Many times I found myself asking why changes were being made within the department and I would almost always receive a vague, blanket answer which left me feeling purposeless. I could go on and on about other issues within the company. It seems many of these issues stem from the company's bureaucracy. With layers and layers of management, it becomes extremely difficult to effectively communicate to top, middle, and bottom areas of the company.

5. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Harrisonburg, VA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Anpac part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide very intensive training.

Cons

They are a smaller company therefore they are picky on what policies they will and will not write.

6. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is one of the best work environments I have ever been apart mainly because of the people that you work with. They are all high caliber people, from co-workers to management, who care about you individually. It isn't often that you have a part time job, and regret leaving because of the people.

Cons

The work isn't as rewarding as a customer service rep. You deal with clients asking questions regarding their policies, and generally they aren't happy to speak with you. This is not the company's fault, just the nature of the business.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and reinvest in the people you have on staff. You attract great people and hire from within.

"Management Issues!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac (More than 10 years)

Pros

I could not, in good conscience, recommend this company to anyone, whether as an employee or a customer.

Cons

There is a total lack of communication between executives, employees, field staff. There are three major companies they've tried to merge into one and the infighting and power wars do nothing to help the employees. They say they are a family company in every way, especially "promoting from within" which in reality is as pure a bold lie as could be told. If an employee is promoted they are only given half of the raise they deserve until they've been in the position for six months; whereas a new hire would be given full compensation at the start date. Just one of many examples that they do not value the skills and knowledge of current personnel.

Advice to Management

Just tell the employees the truth, they can either choose to accept changes being made or begin a job search. Provide your employees with the necessary tools to complete their responsibilities. Stop measuring quantity over quality as all you're doing is encouraging employees to manipulate numbers to meet your goals.

8. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - MIST Claims Unit, Administrative Assistant in Republic, MO
    Former Employee - MIST Claims Unit, Administrative Assistant in Republic, MO

I worked at Anpac (More than a year)

Pros

on site café, promotion from within

Cons

cubicle environment, would love to have on site daycare

9. "Actuarial Analyst"

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I do interesting work and I feel like my efforts are appreciated. The exam support is comparable to other companies. I haven't had any problem taking all of my allotted study time. I enjoy the job alot.

Cons

Pay is low. My salary is slightly below the lowest 10% cutoff on the DW Simpson salary survey. This is partially made up for by a low cost of living compared to many metro areas, so rent is lower as well. I don't have a frame of reference for comparing benefits, but the 401k match is only 4%. Springfield isn't my favorite place, YMMV on that.

Advice to Management

Management seems focused on ethics rather than just profits, which is nice. Overall I feel like management is doing a good job.

"Come into the present"

Former Employee - Physical Damage Assesor in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Physical Damage Assesor in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Kind people to work with who always seem to have your back. Easy to laugh with coworkers to break the stress

Cons

Management is a pill to work with, micromanage to the extremes. Low pay, extreme work loads. Managers run self esteem into the dirt, constant fear of losing job. Age discrimination, people can be fired for taking medical leave when really ill.

Advice to Management

Have open and fair conversations with employees. Don't allow the management to run employees in the ground and ruin self esteem. Change the environment of the company.

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Allows for community involvement, attempts to maintain moral through "feel-good" internal programs

Cons

Poor management with no internal process for dealing with problems. Lacks professionalism at many levels, low pay for industry standards, promotes profit over quality services and attention to detail, often resulting in high-pressure and questionable practices to increase margin of profit. A great place to gain initial experience, but do not stay for long.

Advice to Management

Need a clear line of communication and processes to resolve conflict or address employee concerns. Don't forget that you are a SERVICE organization and professional ethics are still valued.