Anresco Reviews | Glassdoor

Anresco Reviews

Updated Jan 26, 2020

3.7
Anresco CEO David A. Eisenberg (no image)
David A. Eisenberg
  1. "I worked at Anresco for over a year"

I worked at Anresco full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked in the cannabis department at Anresco for over a year. The lab director and supervisor were great. They were supportive and provided feedback. Definitely a team driven environment, everyone is friendly and professional. I was able to work with three different instruments during my time here. Good place to gain experience.

Cons

Commute and difficulty with parking.

Anresco2019-09-06
  2. "Recommended for First Job after Graduation"

Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Anresco full-time for less than a year

Pros

Since it is a medium sized company, you'll be wearing a lot of hats in your position. You gain a lot of experience and learn new things each day, so be sure to take your own notes. I personally find this exciting. A lot of people are not happy with their jobs there, mainly because of the pay and slow advancement, but I am one of the former employees who try not to focus on that. This might change in the future, but if the management team do not have plans to increase starting pay and upgrade/renovate space, people would still not see working here as a long term plan. But again, experience gained is very very valuable for your next endeavors. And people are generally nice and supportive so just give it your all!

Cons

The area is very ghetto with limited parking space. It doesn't look safe, but my car was safe while I was there. Just ignore people around and walk quickly into the office building.

Anresco2020-01-27
  3. "A work in progress"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Anresco full-time for less than a year

Pros

Health insurance offered after probation, company reimbursement that covers many health expenses, company bonuses (semi-annual), retention bonus for 1 year of employment (heavily taxed), company lunches and outings, high chance of promotion if desired (not guaranteed), 401K offered after 1 year. You have the opportunity to learn chromatography instruments and from educated people. Located near Muni transit and local 54 bus stop. Coworkers. Fairly collaborative and can often obtain what you request.

Cons

Probationary period of three months before receiving/using benefits. A higher percentage of employees do not stay past 1-2 years. Lower wages than most companies, this specific position has a large scope of duties that are not very desirable. There are hazards employees may be exposed to daily such as: volatile and non-volatile chemicals, particulate matter, loud noise, and other unknown (pesticide) chemical exposure. PPE should be encouraged across all individuals and departments. Moping should take place outside of normal work hours, it is especially hazardous within the limited space. Not in a great location for safety reasons such as: poor drivers (many do not respect local driving laws), high public dumping, verbal and physical assaults, poor air quality, waste disposal, heavy traffic (double parking), and general hazards. Space is limited and makes for a poor and unsafe work environment. This limits the potential for the company, which they seem aware. High dumping capacity of tested products. Some of which are not disposed completely or properly since waste can be discovered exposed around the building. There is high gossip in the company and often that is how information is spread. Employees (some) are often underinformed either with new procedures or employee movement.

Anresco2020-01-05
  4. "Anresco provides valuable hands-on lab experiences you might not be able to get elsewhere"

I worked at Anresco full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at Anresco in their Cannabis department for about a year and a few months and I had a blast working here. I started working here as a Lab Technician where I primarily deal with cannabis sample storage and preparation (it's equivalent to being Research Assistant in biotech/research companies). But one of the pros of Anresco is that they often promote their Lab Technicians to the Analyst position after a few months of working there. Which is what happened to me and many of my coworkers. The lab director, supervisors, and the other employees at Anresco are very supportive and friendly. They are more than willing to share their knowledge with you and train you properly for whatever position you were hired/promoted to. They care about your career growth and if you work hard, your effort will continuously be recognized and rewarded in the company. Personally as a chemist, it was a valuable experience to troubleshoot instrumental problems myself. I got to learn how to take apart and put together parts of instruments and also learned how to optimized the instruments by method development. Other pros: - Company lunches and/or happy hours - Company profit sharing bi-yearly - The company culture is fun, which will encourage you to go to work. - Free food samples (since Anresco is also a food-testing lab) Overall, solid company to work at, especially if you are a fresh college graduate and looking to gain more lab experiences to put on your resume. I highly recommend.

Cons

I would give the company 5 stars tbh, but these are the cons why I only gave 4 stars: - Non-competitive wage, but I think the experiences you get here is worth more than the wage. - Parking is a little difficult - Location is a bit unsafe, it's the Bayview district in SF

Anresco2019-12-18
  5. "Good experience"

I worked at Anresco full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked full-time at Anresco for over a year. My experience here was a positive one. The lab director was very helpful and easy to work with. There is room for you to gain experience in a variety of instruments. The instrumentation is great, there are many instruments all in good shape. The environment is friendly.

Cons

The location is not great and parking can be challenging.

Anresco2019-08-13
  6. "Chromatography"

Current Employee - Analytical Chemist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Anresco full-time for more than a year

Pros

Anresco is an amazing place to work to gain valuable lab experience. There are lots of possibilities to work on different analytical instruments, as well as learn many different types of sample preparation procedures. Everyone in the labs are very kind and knowledgeable, and they all want to see everyone else succeed. If you are willing to put in the time and effort, this place is a great company to build your career and knowledge.

Cons

Work can be somewhat hectic and overwhelming, as it is a production oriented environment.

Anresco2018-06-20
  7. "Anresco Laboratories Review"

Former Employee - Office Administrator/Customer Success

I worked at Anresco full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Friendly coworkers (office and lab) -Very intelligent and experienced analysts -Great instrumentation and services -Involved in number of analytical testing sub-industries including emerging cannabis industry -Tight-knit family atmosphere -Occasional free samples, company lunches, happy hours

Cons

-Limited Available Parking -Less desirable neighborhood

Anresco2018-03-07
  8. "Lab Technician"

I worked at Anresco full-time

Pros

Opportunity to learn industrial lab skills Good supervisors Flexible schedule Occasional free lunches

Cons

Bad neighborhood with relatively high crime Very poor upward mobility (essentially none) Low pay, relative to industry standards ($15-18/hr) Very high likelihood of being asked to perform additional tasks for no extra pay Poor safety conduct

Anresco2016-12-13
  9. "Office Staff"

in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Anresco

Pros

Family atmosphere, free gym facilities, fun and young coworkers, free samples

Cons

Not in the best neighborhood

Anresco2016-04-28

"Stay away (Chromatography)"

in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Anresco for less than a year

Pros

Great place if you want to work on a day to day basis without having to mind anyone else. A type of culture that is go in, work, leave, and repeat. Most people are pretty nice and will help you if you ask.

Cons

- No organization - High workload for everyone - Lack of leadership - Some employees were not getting paid or were not getting paid the right amount - Underpaid - Dangerous location - Job advancement seems to be nonexistent unless someone above you quits - Very little concern for safety while dealing with toxins and other chemicals (e.g. only sometimes uses gloves when handling chemicals) - High turnover in chromatography labs If you want a job, then here it is. Other than that you are get nothing else.

Anresco2015-12-28

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 15 reviews