Ansira Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Martin Reidy

Pros
Cons
  • No work life balance if they say they do its all false (in 8 reviews)

• No room for advancement once you go from account rep 1 to account rep 2 and pay is not good compared to competitors (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome place to work!!"

Current Employee - Paid Search Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Paid Search Coordinator in Dallas, TX

Pros

You're going to love the atmosphere! Come in get your work done and you'll have no issues. Everyone is more than willing to help you out. Fun, creative place to learn and grow. Not your typical stuffy corporate setting. Pretty fast paced so be prepared for things to change really quickly.

Cons

Can't really think of any cons. There will be challenges and a learning curve but that's every company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work.

2. "Ansira..."

Former Employee - Manager in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Addison, TX

I worked at Ansira full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great for entry level or super high level

Cons

It's really hard as a middle manager to get promoted/ move up

Advice to Management

Grow from within- these people are your biggest asset

3. "Good people - poor management"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Addison, TX

I worked at Ansira (More than a year)

Pros

For a typical traditional agency, they are on the brink of doing some great things with data, analytics and digital marketing. There's so much more they could offer if they could only get priorities aligned and get out of dated mind-sets. Most people there are by far great to work with but there are some real cards.

Cons

Upper management are definitely cliquish and stuck in their ways. Company doesn't promote from within. Too many employees with the same title for over a decade that should have been promoted. They hold a tight reign on control of that clique which stands in their own way. Putting too many eggs in one basket and not fully embracing the full scope of service offering and potential in the digital space.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the upper management clique and make room for growth with employees with potential. Encourage growth with business practices and services, don't squander it. Promote your longterm employees instead of letting them stagnate into oblivion! Stop hiring so many junior mid-level bloat and hire real talent!

"Nothing good to say about this company"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ansira (More than a year)

Pros

there are no pros to describe.

Cons

Where to start.
    Let me point out... the management over the IT people leave a lot to be desired. They constantly use vulgar language during status calls, during meetings with employees, all the time.

This is a very fast paced environment. From day one, they stated they were short handed. They stated they were hiring people... nothing ever materialized. The projects were piled on.. the code base not consistent. code would be in one client code base that didn't belong, nothing commented. The code is archaic, spaghetti code, you have to be a genius to figure it out.

Did I mention the vulgar language used by management during meetings?

Advice to Management

If you tell your people you are short handed.. hire more people. If you are not going to hire more people, don't leave the expectation that you are going to hire more people.

5. "Sr. .Net Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Addison, TX

I have been working at Ansira full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Marketing agency, lots of areas to be exposed to. Many clients.

Cons

Lots of Departments intertwined. No direct contact between developers and client

Advice to Management

High turnover of employment.

"It all depends on which office and which team you're in"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I worked at Ansira full-time

Pros

You'll notice right away that most of the people working at Ansira are super smart. Though motivation levels will vary, it's great to be around people who know their stuff.
    You will most likely be adding some household name brands of Fortune 500 companies to your portfolio.
    Clients run a wide range of industries so there's the potential to gain a lot of solid experience in those industries.
    Depending on which team you're on and in which office, your work/life balance might be pretty decent.

Cons

In a number of teams and pretty much across the board in the Dallas North office (Addison, not Dallas) the work life balance is terrible. This is an ad agency, you can't expect it to be easy, but the workload here can be beyond impossible.
    Senior management seems to either be fixated on small things OR be thinking way too far into the future which leaves them blind as to how to manage the agency as it is now.
    For some teams, especially the accounts teams, pay is below average for other agencies in the area.
    Benefits are decent (not great but decent), but any employee activities are lackluster and half-hearted. There's a feeling of not having the desire, time or money to invest in employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep an eye on the future of the agency, but don't forget your employees where they are now. Focus on and take care of the valuable human assets you have now and let them help you grow the business into the future.

7. "has potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ansira full-time (More than a year)

Pros

semi laid back structure, can work from home sometimes, casual dress

Cons

structure is flat so not much room to advance, how good the culture is depends on your individual manager

"A Decent Place to Start Your Career"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ansira full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ansira can be a good place to get your career started right out of school. There are some very smart people working at Ansira, but it is a pressure-cooker agency environment.

Cons

Salaries are competitive for IT but rather low for account people. Expectations can be unreasonable at times, for anyone.

9. "Incredible Work-Life Balance"

Current Employee - Associate Email Specialist in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Email Specialist in Addison, TX

I have been working at Ansira full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ansira has gone above & beyond my high expectations for what a great work environment should be. Coming from a small company with only 10 employees to a large corporation, I expected that life would become stressful. This isn’t the case at all. In fact, though I now manage much larger accounts than I did previously, because my department is super organized, we have a check & balance system in place, & work is evenly distributed among the employees, I find myself less overwhelmed than I was at my last company where I was the only person running all marketing programs. Additionally, though Ansira is a corporation, it’s a chill, quiet place to work. I usually get off by 5:30 pm every day and there are no micromanagers, I’ve even been able to work from home on occasion. I’ve heard that other departments might not be quite as awesome, but I LOVE the email department. This is one of the best places I’ve worked as far as work-life balance goes. Finally, my compensation is very fair. I have 10 years of experience & came in for a position that only required 1 year. Instead of being told I was overqualified or offering an insulting wage, Ansira offered a competitive salary & benefits package for my experience level. I look forward to a long career here!!

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that the snacks at Pub on Wednesday are a little repetitive. It’d also be great if there was more ways to get to know people, I only know the people that work on my immediate team. As lame as it sounds, some “getting to know you” games that encouraged people to interact & conversate rather than just grab food & go would be awesome. I’d love to make friends here since I’m new to Dallas & as a quiet person, it’s a bit of a challenge for me to just strike up random convos with people in passing. So some kind of interactive activity would be great.

Advice to Management

N/A

10. "Account Rep II"

Current Employee - Account Representative II in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Account Representative II in Addison, TX

I have been working at Ansira full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy interview process
    Relaxed working environment
     Great clients
    Fun
    Fast paced
    Great work life balance

Cons

I don't have any cons so far.