Anson McCade Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

London, England (UK)

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Martin Smith

"Consultative Approach to Sales"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Anson McCade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're given plenty of training and guidance throughout. Not your typical sales floor with high pressure and hard targets, much more of a consultative approach. Building relationships with candidates and clients is encouraged, rather than quick wins. Great sociable team, everyone goes out together at least once a week with regular social activities planned.

Cons

You have to be proactive enough to ask for help. The more questions you ask, the better you'll do.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing but look to keep adding more benefits in order to stay competitive.

"Great recruitment agency"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Anson McCade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started my recruitment career at Anson McCade and the foundations I developed I still use to this day. You get taught how to HEADHUNT properly and not just rely on InMailing through LinkedIn - this now seems to be classed as headhunting!
    The training offered was fantastic, I can say this now that I've been in the industry for nearly 6 years, and you're supported by all the senior recruiters and above.
    A portfolio is available from day one, which is hard to come by and makes it slightly easier to hire the best talent in the market.
    Great culture and I have some very fond memories and good friends.

Cons

Flexible working is very hard to accommodate

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing but in a modern age also look at additional benefits and work-life-balance.

3. "Great recruitment agency"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England (UK)

Pros

Great culture and I have some very fond memories and good friends.

Cons

Flexible working is very hard to accommodate

Advice to Management

5. "The only recruitment company I'd work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Anson McCade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing atmosphere. Not corporate by any means and everyone is up for a laugh - managers included.
    If you show that you're willing to put the effort in, they put lots of effort into helping you achieve.
    Commission structure is really competitive - no thresholds that were in place at every other company I interviewed at so you can earn money from the offset.
    No heavy targets and you're not just a number here.

Cons

If you're not motivated which can be tough if you've had hard luck, you won't do well and when you're not doing well, you won't make money.

"Easy money if you are self-motivated"

Former Employee - Researcher in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Researcher in London, England (UK)

Pros

Great commission structure with no thresholds or caps.
    Genuine boss- fair and honest.
    Laid back work-atmosphere.
    Cash prizes

Cons

If you are happy earning just your base salary its a pointless place to work. You must be willing to meet your targets in order to make serious cash.

Advice to Management

Get rid of unmotivated employees.

"A recruitment company that gives you the opportunities but you will need some luck to make it a career"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Anson McCade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is given for new graduates and good opportunities exist to earn commission from day one. The team leaders also give help and support and getting involved in social activities is encouraged. There is a difference between Recruitment & Sales and this is not a hardcore sales environment (although of course you will have targets to hit)

Cons

Long hours - Just because you have exceeded your targets , doesn't mean you can go home early!
    Commission Structure - While you wont be sacked straight away for missing targets, expect your % commission on deals to fall away quickly. It can then be difficult to justify staying.