Antenna Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Keith Zakheim

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Nine years at the Company and still counting!"

Current Employee - Director, Media Strategist in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Director, Media Strategist in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Antenna Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You can make a career if you work at it. I have seen interns move up all the way to a VP level and there's an abundance of building trust and camaraderie among colleagues.
    The doors are always open and the work environment is contagiously productive and motivated.
    Everyone gets to provide feedback and are always treated as part of the team, even if we all work on different accounts, there is a sense of unity and intelligence when you look across the Company hierarchy.

Cons

Well, we could use some new personnel with skills and talents on the softball field. I'd like to revive the company softball team, after managing it for seven years.

Advice to Management

Sometimes I think we should create Antenna University or be a part of some sort of continuing educational program. We have become a hub for clean energy and clean technology among other topics, and our expertise can help not only employees but also the industry (our clients and potential ones). Perhaps as a consultancy side business.

2. "Best Company Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Antenna Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've had the privilege of working at Antenna for nearly one year, and it's about time I tell the world what an amazing place to work it is! (Note: I'm posting this anonymously, without having been asked, so this is coming straight from the heart!)

Every day, I come into the office with a smile on my face. Here are just a few reasons why:

- The people are smart, passionate and driven by a strong commitment to sustainability.
    - They're also incredibly warm, friendly and funny. Inner-office banter / slack channels make me laugh out loud on a daily basis.
    - Clients include some of the most innovative companies in the clean tech and renewable energy spaces. Growing fast, Antenna is adding new clients every month it seems!
    - Teams encourage people to take risks, think creatively and try new things - no matter what your level - including interns. You will learn quickly and get the support you need!
    - Great IT set up, with all of the latest cloud-based workplace tools implemented for maximum efficiency (Slack, Dropbox, Wunderlist, Gmail, etc.)
    - Senior management will not micromanage you, but keep a steady eye on things and will step in with thoughtful guidance that shows their deep knowledge and expertise.
    - Overall amazing company culture: supportive, fun, enthusiastic.

Cons

- Clients tend to be smaller companies with smaller budgets ($8-12k) and, given their startup tendencies, can be fickle.
    - Sick time counts towards PTO, they are not independent.
    - Work tends to be the bread and butter of PR, less digital/creative focused, though this is a growing area for the firm.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Continue to listen to your employees and make them feel heard. Support them in following their passions. Keep bringing in great people, as well as interesting clients.

3. "Antenna Group San Francisco"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Antenna Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- the most passionate, kind-hearted coworkers in the industry
    - great co-working space(s) in the heart of SOMA in SF
    - senior management works closely with junior staff
    - strong career/growth trajectory
    - weekly Anty-hours (i.e. happy hour drinks with the Ant fam)

Cons

- no free lunch every day

4. "Best. Place. Ever."

Current Employee - Associate Account Executive
    Current Employee - Associate Account Executive

I have been working at Antenna Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working for Antenna. The atmosphere in the office is fun, friendly, positive and motivated. From the day I started working here, I was surrounded by co-workers who were looking to help me dive into the world of PR. I can honestly say that I don't think a day has gone by that I have not learned something new.
    Some perks? Check this out - every Monday, the company meets for an hour. These meetings often have various relevant topics which someone from the company presents. Either at the beginning or end of each meeting, we give "shoutouts" to people we are grateful for at the company. These weekly meetings are a huge highlight. We are focused on building positive vibes and showing appreciation for the hard work that people put in. We spend time getting to know each other and making meaningful connections which only come to enhance our work atmosphere.
    In terms of my co-workers, I have to say that the people I work with are awesome, fun, caring and forward-thinkers. When I looked into other PR firms, I was put off by the cut-throat atmosphere. At Antenna I have only met genuine people who are looking to help the next person out.
    Another important factor is that I joined Antenna as an intern but was soon promoted. Since the day I began as an intern, I was given opportunities to further my skills. Slowly, I was eased into the work load of a full-time employee, and my co-workers and supervisors were always nearby to help me with any questions I had. I see tremendous progress from when I first started - and that steep learning curve is something which I was eased into. When it comes to major writing projects, I am often given the first pass just so that I can improve my writing skills and from there my teams will meet with me one-on-one to make the necessary edits, showing me their respective methods.
    Last but definitely not least - At Antenna, you are not critiqued. You are simply presented with "areas of opportunity." Just the phrasing says it all - Antenna is here to help you grow.
    If you are looking for an awesome environment, people who care to make a difference, an opportunity to grow and be challenged - then this is the place for you.

Cons

Pay is lower than other firms but the environment, work/life balance and positivity is honestly unbeatable.

5. "Great People, good place to start"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Larkspur, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Larkspur, CA

I have been working at Antenna Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to "cut your teeth" in the world of PR, passionate people, good work environment, good location

Cons

the office space is not great

6. "Nightmare before the Acquisition"

Pros

A few good people used to work there

Cons

Lots of terrible people. Former CEO was the worst.

7. "Review"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Antenna Group full-time

Pros

Hardworking smart coworkers, mission-driven, work closely with seriously cutting-edge companies in tech and sustainability

Cons

Medium-size agency stresses like overtime, management is on one coast

8. "Associate Account Executive"

I have been working at Antenna Group full-time

Pros

Fun, great learning opportunities, domain experience

Cons

Overtime required, bi coastal communication

9. "Best agency I've worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Antenna Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No agency is perfect, as by their nature things can be crazy at times, but this is the most supportive agency I've ever worked at. The people are passionate about the industries we specialize in (energy + tech), everyone gets involved early on in the biz dev process (which is very important to career development in this industry I think), good balance of skills agency-wide, and the culture is very supportive and strong. Many other agencies are nightmares compared to here, honestly. Politicking is not non-existent but comparatively much lower than other places I've been. Pay is about average, but the benefits are really good.

Cons

This is a smaller agency than the big ones and still undergoing a few growing pains; our client services team is working on implementing important standards but we're still behind somewhat. B2B comms is also not for everyone and the subject matter can be a bit dry at times.

Advice to Management

Cross-country and top-down communications could improve. Weird that half the office knows news about something and half don't on a semi-frequent basis. Also need more of a sense of urgency in training junior staff PR 101's.

"Antenna"

Current Employee - Staff in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Antenna Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for people that are looking to build a career in public relations. The organization is very supportive of professional growth and is willing to invest in its employees. There is a really endearing and warm culture that permeates both the SF and NYC offices. Its focus is B2B technology, mostly clean energy and sustainability, and as a result it attracts a staff of super bright and passionate people. There are no office politics, no favorites. The people that thrive at Antenna are collegial, hard working and results driven. I cant recommend it highly enough.

Cons

Just wish it would be a little larger. There are 15 employees in San Francisco and 10 in NY/NJ>