Anthelio Healthcare Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Asif Ahmad

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company offered a flexible schedule and allowed the employees to work from home (in 6 reviews)

• Good benefits, and great people to work with (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management (1 to 2 tiers beyond your common manager) is sometimes disconnected from real problems experienced by the account (in 6 reviews)

• Lack of job security, work going offshore (in 5 reviews)

1. "Upwardly Mobile Vendor"

I have been working at Anthelio Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive Salaries, Promote Growth from within, Creative thinkers, excellent benefits, company provided education

Cons

Communication channels could be more complete and timely.

2. "Anthelio Healthcare"

I have been working at Anthelio Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good people who are passionate about their healthcare positions.

Cons

Poor support from management and outdated technology.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the morale of your employees.

"Sending as many jobs to India as possible"

Current Employee - Coder
    Current Employee - Coder

I have been working at Anthelio Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

-The pay is decent.
    -The remote coding managers are fantastic for the most part.
    -They provide many wonderful educational opportunities via webinars, many of which are valid for CEU's.
    -Reimburse for yearly certification dues.
    -Remote/flexible scheduling.

Cons

-They will ship your job overseas to an inexperienced coder in India at the first opportunity.
    -They are not honest about why jobs keep going overseas, say the offshore team's purpose is to help us, but that is hard to believe when we are literally pushed out of our current positions into new ones just for the Indian coders to take over our work.
    -When Atos took over this past year, we lost a total of 48 hours PTO/year.
    -Yearly reviews happened as scheduled in December but no merit increases due to Atos takeover. Supposedly will happen in July, we'll see.
    -Frequent transfers in assignments due to India coder taking over work.

Advice to Management

-Stop acting like the "offshore" coders are there to help us. There not, they are here to take our jobs and we know it.
    -Place some value on seniority.

"Stability if You're Great With Chaotically Changing Environment"

I have been working at Anthelio Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

Onshore talent is very good, friendly most of the time, and some of the managers really do bend over backwards for you. Mine certainly does and is by far the best manager I've ever had.

That said, management style can differ from department to department and you can end up with some questionable or overbearing ones.

Your satisfaction will also vary depending on the region that you support. Erlanger is one of their best sites while McLaren is definitely one of their more challenging in terms of poltics and structure.

Anthelio was recently acquired by Atos at the end of 2016, so maybe things will change for the positive!

Employment can be stable if you make yourself known as cornerstone to the company -- if you can get everyone to see that things will be much worse if you're gone, your job is pretty safe.

Cons

Onshore team is poorly managed. Problems that are brought to management's attention fade for a period of months and then return.

Sometimes, vastly under qualified resources are hired that have very poor analytical skills or entry-level experience with systems that should be handled by someone with at least a MCSA.

Onshore team spends a vast majority of their time redoing the work that the offshore team is supposed to leverage due to quality issues. It's hard to get ahead in your own duties when you are constantly rectifying their shortcomings.

Company was magnitudes better prior to jumping on the globalization wagon.

Overworked onshore teams don't have enough to staff handle customer concerns and sometimes spend a lot of time kicking issues back and forth between each other.

Upper management (1 to 2 tiers beyond your common manager) is sometimes disconnected from real problems experienced by the account.

They've had a history of removing skilled workers with where the explanation is the buzzword of "right-sizing". Employees are told suddenly at the end of the day and escorted out by security. I think this is how it is in any big company... it just sucks to see it happen in front of you since these employees are people who often do good work.

If you don't like globalization, stay away. You won't like it and will be a few hairs grayer at the end of your experience.

Advice to Management

Honestly, I don't think there's anything that onshore management can do else they would have already.

Several managers over the globalized teams have come, expressed their dissatisfaction, and left... I'd like to believe that if anything could have been done, it would have been done several years ago.

5. "System's Engineer"

Pros

The company offered a flexible schedule and allowed the employees to work from home. Nice benefit. We also had the opportunity to work on a lot of different technology.

Cons

Completely unorganized. Oncall was brutal!.

"Will keep private"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Anthelio Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a few employees that work really hard, represent the company well and are the reason I enjoy coming to work each day. The clients are great. If you are good at relationship building, you are able to shine here. There are some groups that are collaborative. Be glad if you are in those groups.

Cons

Too many people collecting an easy paycheck, in my opinion. They "work from home" a lot but just try to get a response to an email on those days. You learn quickly that working from home equates to days off without reporting it. When a person needs answers to a question, please try not to be so aggressive in your responses. This isn't brain surgery...no lives are at stake. Calm down. HR is weak, they can't onboard or off-board employees. They aren't there to answer questions. You have to stay on them if you need information. Complete lack of follow through. Sad to say but I trust maybe 3 people at this company enough to confide in them.

Advice to Management

Where to begin. I've not experienced more passive-aggressive behavior anywhere like I do here. Please Atos, tell the Chief of Staff we aren't working on Capitol Hill and she should have some sort of skill set other than walking the halls and gossiping with her favorite employees about whomever happens to be out that day. Someone with that much ego and a high school mentality should never be put in charge of people. Especially one who in incapable of understanding the work it takes to be in those departments "under her umbrella". Ridiculous. Stand behind those that show up, work hard and make you look good. Look out for us and we will look out for you. Loyalty goes both ways. I hope the new company takes a strong look at viable personnel. I have hope for the future with them.

"Stay away from this company."

Pros

Good benefit package, dedicated employees.

Cons

Regular layoffs of seasoned employees,

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Coder II in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Coder II in Remote, OR

Pros

all over good company to work for

Cons

Nothing negative to say so far

Advice to Management

Nothing

"Working at Anthelio is a treat"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Anthelio does provide good online training for technical, office support, and management employees.
    The pay is a fairly good starting off
    Good management team - they try their best to stay involved with their employees.
    Depending on the job, you can work remotely

Cons

There are a lot of hours that you have to put in, but that should be expected if you work in the Service Oriented, Healthcare Information Technology world.

Advice to Management

In one sense - keep doing what you are already doing:
    -Keeping employees informed with newsletters and announcements.
    -Reward and acknowledge employee performance
    -Challenge and reward employees with the quizzes and trivia competitions

Changes:
    Most acknowledgements and rewards go to employees who are at the corporate headquarters or who are at the India corporate building. Very few employees who work remote ever get noticed or rewarded.

10. "coder II"

Pros

no complaints here. Good company to work for

Cons

nothing is really wrong with this company