Anthelio Healthcare Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Anthelio Healthcare Solutions Reviews

Updated August 8, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Lots of benefits, education , able to work from home (in 7 reviews)

• Good benefits, and great people to work with (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of job security, work going offshore (in 6 reviews)

• Employees furthest away are forgotten and will not see upper management very often (in 6 reviews)

1. "coder II"

Pros

no complaints here. Good company to work for

Cons

nothing is really wrong with this company

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Anthelio Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

Anthelio is a great place to work. The company has great benefits. The people that I work with are very collaborative and work well together. I get great support and service from the team.

Cons

The company has some opportunities to communicate and be a bit more transparent. But otherwise I feel there are not very many Con's at Anthelio.

Advice to Management

My only advise to please be a little more transparent in your communication. Otherwise, please continue doing all the great things you are doing.

3. "Very Happy"

Current Employee - Medical Coder II in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Medical Coder II in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Anthelio Healthcare Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The things that are terrific about Anthelio coding dept. are:
    1) Co-workers are very supportive and friendly
    2) Flexible hours that allow for things that happen in ‘real life’
    3) The best Supervisor, who has a positive outlook that spills over into everything that she does
    4) Education opportunities twice a month
    5) Practically stress free work environment, working from home
    6) Variety of coding possibilities
    7) Auditors that really help and educate at the same time.
    8) Benefits are outstanding and all-inclusive

Cons

Remote coding limits a person from promotion to management. I really can't think of anything else that would be a negative for this company.

Advice to Management

Make sure that the coders have an open communication with auditors.

"Inpatient Coder II"

Current Employee - Coder II
    Current Employee - Coder II

Pros

Competitive wages. Health benefits

Cons

Unreasonable productivity standards.
    Outdated EMRs, Encoders, and abstract programs
    Lack of training/support
    Constantly changing computer processes
    Focus on productivity, not quality

Advice to Management

Support/advocate for your staff
    You are dealing with human beings, not robots
    Listen to suggestions w/out taking offense

"Good if your management or above"

I have been working at Anthelio Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work-life balance.
    The check clears.

Cons

No reward for hard work
    Recognition programs are more insulting than giving nothing
    Contracts the take on more work but not more revenue

Advice to Management

Do more than the absolute minimum to recognize and reward the employees that actually generate revenue. Stop paying bonuses to managers who contribute nothing, while not paying any thing to actual producers. Communicate for a change.

"Overworked. No life outside this job."

Former Employee - Remote Coder in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Remote Coder in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Anthelio Healthcare Solutions (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    Gained invaluable coding experience
    Training was very good.
    Work from home
    Flexible hours
    Provided coding books and computers
    Taught me several aspects of ED coding (charging, E&M, IV/Injections/Infusions)
    Steady work. Never placed on the bench or on downtime

Cons

Overworked! I was a salaried employee. They had a scheduling manager that put work in your queue daily that had to be completed before you could stop working for the day. I was sometimes working 12-13 hours a day and only being paid for 8. If you complained, you were told that you were too slow. I had no life when I worked for this company (it actually ended a relationship with my boyfriend). I now have a job making the equivalent of $5 more per hour than what I was making at Anthelio and the workload is reasonable. I have a life now!
    Managers were rude and did not have the coder's back. For the smallest infraction, they would call on a 3-way call and chew you out like you were a child. Auditors could do anything they wanted and trash your accuracy rate. There was no one the coder could turn to. If you disagreed with an something they counted as an error, you had to go back to that same auditor who would refuse to change it.
    I worked for Anthelio for 10 years and only had one raise in a decade. Then, they started sending work to India. If there were difficult accounts that the coders in India couldn't code, they would send them to American coders to complete on top of our already heavy workload.
    Audits were only once a month at one point. Then, for some unknown reason, they changed the audits to weekly for everyone. You were required to go over the audit over the phone with the auditor on your own time. The auditor assigned to review my accounts was rude and condescending. At one point, she sent me an email in ALL CAPS because I disagreed with an error. You just had to put up with it.
    I have heard that Anthelio has now merged with other companies, so the management may have changed since I worked there.
    I was so glad to find another coding job! After I took the position, I received letters from the company warning me that they could sue me if I took a position that was a conflict of interest. Life was so much better after I moved on!

Advice to Management

Treat employees like adults. Treat employees like they matter. Stop sending work to India and taking jobs away from Americans!

"Anthelio is all about Off shore (India) staff"

Former Employee - Coder II
    Former Employee - Coder II

Pros

-Good Benefits
    -Good job if you are starting your career and building your resume.
    -Good auditor

Cons

-Sending work to India.
    -You will be left coding only large, high dollar, difficult charts, IR charts, and charts with multiple procedures. Brain busters one after another because the India coders code all the quick and simple charts. This makes productivity difficult and lowers moral.
    -This company is loosing their skilled help due to being overly focused on their off shore staff.
    -Auditors are over whelmed with India training and questions.

Advice to Management

Hire American coders, create a coding program where graduated coders pay Anthelio for this education. it is something they can put on their resume's as experience and Anthelio will have better number of potential clients to hire.

8. "Outpatient Coder ii"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Anthelio Healthcare Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

They have good health insurance. You can only accrue 80 hours of PTO. Once you reach 80 hours then you will not earn any more Personal Time Off

Cons

You will have to work off the clock to meet their demands most of the time.

Advice to Management

Their is not much a Manager could do about this, except to tell you that you shouldn't work off the clock.

9. "NA"

Former Employee - Receptionist/Human Resources Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Receptionist/Human Resources Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Anthelio Healthcare Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and environment. Departments tried to do team building exercises which was nice. Great executives and atmosphere.

Cons

Bad management previously in HR. There were not checks and balances when I was there so it made for a very unorganized department.

Advice to Management

Weed out the bad apples and manage the managers.

10. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Anthelio Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Good benefits, and great people to work with. Lots of opportunities to grow and develop. Collaborative environment and most teams are eager to put in the effort to help each other and get things done.

Cons

Communication is generally good but in most areas of the organization, however, better communication in a few areas is needed.

Advice to Management

Continue doing the great job you are doing. Continue to keep us up to date on where the business is going. We focus a lot of times on the successes but don't be afraid to be transparent in areas we need to develop so we have some focus on growing and getting even better!