What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Micro management and closed door policy" (in 49 reviews)
- "No work life balance for contractors" (in 18 reviews)
- "Upper management is clueless." (in 17 reviews)
- "Frequent layoffs ." (in 16 reviews)
- "consistent Leadership needs to be more considerate of contract employees and their training needs to be more organized" (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 868 of over 969 reviews
Updated Sep 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 9, 2023RN Case ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAsheville, NC
The company promotes associates from within.
There is a lot of middle management. PTO accrual percentage is on the lower end.
- 4.0Sep 20, 2023Customer Service Representative (CSR)Current Employee
Very good benefits. Most of the time upper management is extremely friendly. Management is very empathetic to real world situations that happen to people outside of work.
They will work you like a dog lol Not a slack off kind of job/employer Keep a record of every move you make within their system
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Reviews FAQs
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 969 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
59% of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.