KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 2,843 of over 3,116 reviews

3.6
Anthem President and CEO Gail K. Boudreaux
Gail K. Boudreaux
Pros
  • "Work from home job , pto always available(in 339 reviews)

• "Great benefits and helpful training(in 157 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work- life balance is tough to balance(in 89 reviews)

• "No cons just curious on other work from home position that I can travel(in 71 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Anthem and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Expanding growth opportunity and innovative.

Jun 7, 2021 - Clinical Compliance Auditor in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee centered, quality of life, work/ life balance.

Cons

Large and growing. Can be challenging to keep up with this type of expansion.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

Jul 15, 2021 - Nurse Medical Management Senior in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for career growth, great health benefits, matching 401K, PTO is good- you get more after 5 years. Flexible working hours.

Cons

Current upper management I work with right now is not so great. They made a lot of unnecessary changes that does not make sense to supposedly streamline our process and does not listen to what we nurses have to say anyway. However, this is just my team and does not reflect the entire Anthem company as a whole. The good thing is, we can look for jobs internally and hopefully transfer out.

2 people found this review helpful

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

Thank you for your review. We’re listening and appreciate your feedback.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

The mighty Anthem has fallen

Jun 25, 2021 - Director, Marketing in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pros are that it's a job. A year ago, I'd also include the people as a big plus. Two and three years ago I'd say the work was rewarding. Now, it's just a job.

Cons

Marketing leadership has stripped the company of good, dedicated, solid people who knew the business, knew the markets, and built relationships inside and out. Now they are top heavy with more staff vp's who have their own vision, without knowing the business. I, among many, many, many others were let go from the marketing organization to make room for newly created high level positions. And for what reason? The stock has not improved. The "culture" is tainted. There is no trust. Anthem used to value its employees. That is no longer the case.

16 people found this review helpful

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to create a healthy work environment for all our associates. Your review helps us understand where we need to improve.

4. 4.0

Pays

Jul 27, 2021 - Consumer Service Associate in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits pay amenities (in office) culture (if on a good team )

Cons

lots of calls lots of information to understand and be able to educate back to someone

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

I am retiring from Anthem /no complaints here.

Jul 21, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Eagan, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Anthem offers excellent benefits. I worked with DeCare with Anthem products for over 20 years.

Cons

A lot of turn over of employees

1 person found this review helpful

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

Thank you for your feedback. We’re listening.

6. 5.0

Anthem is great but

Jul 20, 2021 - Operations Expert in Richmond, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Anthem has great benefits and room for growth, especially in customer service. A great monday to friday job

Cons

It can be very stressful. We are always busy and its always fast paced. In customer service, people can talk to you any way they'd like and you just have to take it. The goals are becoming unrealistic.

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

Thank you for your review. We’re listening and appreciate your feedback.

7. 3.0

Mixed Bag

Jul 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and pay structure are fantastic; there are some really talented individuals to partner with; the innovation studio really has some next generation ideas

Cons

Constantly changing direction, always over committing the workload and claiming that they want change but what they really want are positive results

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

Thank you for your feedback. We’re listening.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not as great as it seems

Jun 23, 2021 - Claims Processor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, that’s about it

Cons

Manager is terrible, seems to only favor certain people. The amount of work and stress the claims processors go through on a daily basis only to make $14-15 an hour. This job is hard to give your 100% because the money is not worth the job we have to do. They say they value employees but gave us a .28 cent raise. Oh but they sent us a water bottle. When needing help from team leads or operations experts it seems like we are burdening them more than they wanna help us. I have to use read receipts to even see if they look at my emails. Which the hardly ever respond to them. Oh and we have a manager who wants to tell me how to do my job but has never actually done our job. Technology is also very outdated and makes it difficult to do your job. You have to review all these documents just to process one claim. Training is a joke just like the company. Only staying around until I find something better

8 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Worst placed I ever worked

Jul 26, 2021 - Utilization Review
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some work from home opportunities

Cons

Poor management. Manager appeared disorganized and cursed during team meetings. Very unprofessional. Talked down to employees. Not very knowledgeable about the Medicaid contract. Told employees did not have to work during holidays, then changed it after a month into the position. The poorest training I have ever seen in my life.

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

Thank you for bringing this serious issue to our attention. We would like to immediately investigate your claims. Please visit www.AnthemEthicsHelpline.com to report your experience so we can investigate.

10. 5.0

Excellent employer

Jul 8, 2021 - Consumer Service Associate in Roanoke, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Top notch training programs, at home work, flexible, great benefits, top pay and plenty of opportunities to move up with education assistance programs

Cons

Very busy and can be complex work but worth it

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,843 Reviews