KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 2,848 of over 3,121 reviews

3.6
Anthem President and CEO Gail K. Boudreaux
Gail K. Boudreaux
Pros
  • "Work from home job , pto always available(in 339 reviews)

• "Great benefits and helpful training(in 157 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work- life balance is tough to balance(in 89 reviews)

• "No cons just curious on other work from home position that I can travel(in 71 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Anthem and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Best Company

Jul 28, 2021 - Proposal Coordinator in Virginia Beach, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team is amazing. Benefits are great. Leadership is wonderful and talks to everyone like real people.

Cons

I cannot think of any

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

I am retiring from Anthem /no complaints here.

Jul 21, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Eagan, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Anthem offers excellent benefits. I worked with DeCare with Anthem products for over 20 years.

Cons

A lot of turn over of employees

1 person found this review helpful

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

Thank you for your feedback. We’re listening.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Big Blue Bureaucracy

Jul 29, 2021 - Software Engineer in Norfolk, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Large organization, opportunity to move between teams - Wide array of benefits - Training/Learning opportunities - Anthem gives back to the communities they serve - Opportunities for direct customer engagement (if desired)

Cons

- Incredibly bureaucratic, difficult to complete even the simplest of tasks - Service teams are not committed to the end product/results, a lot of finger pointing - Significant lack of accountability amongst service teams - Constant change, nobody is safe. Even top performers are laid off - Organization is so large that promotions/etc are driven by who you know and not necessarily the value you bring to the organization - Organization is very top heavy

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

Thank you for your feedback. We’re listening.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company but stressful job

Jul 31, 2021 - Customer Care Representative II in Roanoke, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, PTO, holidays off, holiday pay, work from home, flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay, high stress, micromanagement, ever-changing processes and rules, high workload

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Any dept but not LTSS

Jul 30, 2021 - LTSS Coordinator in Richmond, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits, flexibility and ability to WFH. Job security.This is a great company to work for as long as you are not on the LTSS side.

Cons

The LTSS side of the company is not balanced. The behind the scenes staff that do a lot of the work get the least pay, and no opportunity for growth. On the LTSS side people are promoted no by merit but by politics and friendships. Its hard to network and establish rapport when you WFH. So when an opportunity of promotion comes along it goes to those "clicks".

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

Jul 15, 2021 - Nurse Medical Management Senior in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for career growth, great health benefits, matching 401K, PTO is good- you get more after 5 years. Flexible working hours.

Cons

Current upper management I work with right now is not so great. They made a lot of unnecessary changes that does not make sense to supposedly streamline our process and does not listen to what we nurses have to say anyway. However, this is just my team and does not reflect the entire Anthem company as a whole. The good thing is, we can look for jobs internally and hopefully transfer out.

4 people found this review helpful

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

Thank you for your review. We’re listening and appreciate your feedback.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

The mighty Anthem has fallen

Jun 25, 2021 - Director, Marketing in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pros are that it's a job. A year ago, I'd also include the people as a big plus. Two and three years ago I'd say the work was rewarding. Now, it's just a job.

Cons

Marketing leadership has stripped the company of good, dedicated, solid people who knew the business, knew the markets, and built relationships inside and out. Now they are top heavy with more staff vp's who have their own vision, without knowing the business. I, among many, many, many others were let go from the marketing organization to make room for newly created high level positions. And for what reason? The stock has not improved. The "culture" is tainted. There is no trust. Anthem used to value its employees. That is no longer the case.

17 people found this review helpful

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to create a healthy work environment for all our associates. Your review helps us understand where we need to improve.

8. 5.0

Anthem is great but

Jul 20, 2021 - Operations Expert in Richmond, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Anthem has great benefits and room for growth, especially in customer service. A great monday to friday job

Cons

It can be very stressful. We are always busy and its always fast paced. In customer service, people can talk to you any way they'd like and you just have to take it. The goals are becoming unrealistic.

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

Thank you for your review. We’re listening and appreciate your feedback.

9. 4.0

Great company

Jul 27, 2021 - RN Case Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility Good Pay Great Manager Glassdoor should not have a 15 word minimum if this is my review.

Cons

No cons from my perspective . NA na Na Na Na Na NA NA NA NA

10. 4.0

Pays

Jul 27, 2021 - Consumer Service Associate in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits pay amenities (in office) culture (if on a good team )

Cons

lots of calls lots of information to understand and be able to educate back to someone

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,848 Reviews