Anthony Travel Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Anthony

"Have been working at ATI 14 months"

Current Employee - Account Manager in East Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in East Lansing, MI

Pros

After being out of the travel business for about 10 years the chance that Anthony Travel offered me felt unreal and like a dream. They took a chance on me and I will be forever grateful to them for the opportunity. ATI is by far the most supportive company I have ever been involved with. There is ALWAYS someone there to help you with whatever you may need, answer any question you have or lend a helping hand. The company from top to bottom is employee driven and the goal is customer care and satisfaction. When you have a company like ATI behind you it frees you up to focus on taking care of the customer to the best of your abilities. As I have said before, when you love your job you don't consider it work. I believe that to be true with ATI.

Cons

So I'm not technically savvy...but I realize that to move forward we need to take advantage of new products and ways to streamline the day to day operations of ATI. It takes me awhile to get it all down but it will happen!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

2. "Event Coordinator"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Anthony Travel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent health benefits. Also offered good vacation time and decent pay. Young office, so at times it could be fun

Cons

Incredibly unprofessional office. Manager and senior managers were very rude. If you take the event coordinator role, you are a customer service rep with the title event coordinator, but they don't tell you that until you start working there. No where to really move up. Found out most employees do leave within 2-6 months.

Advice to Management

What you share with potential employees in their interview should be honest and accurate. Tell them that they will spend a good portion of their day, if not all of it, on the phone as a customer service rep. It's not fair to people who are under the impression they will actually be on the event coordination side of things.

"9 months of stress"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Anthony Travel (Less than a year)

Pros

Some "fun days"; travel (though the amount of travel and variety of destinations I traveled to was very different from what was mentioned in the interview); opportunity for growth within the company

Cons

I was the only woman on my team of 15 and often felt very alienated. It was as if my desk was in the middle of a frat house. My coworkers were constantly having conversations that were inappropriate for the office, and there was a definite "party culture" that I was not a part of. I also had my privacy violated by a manager who, while we were on-site, looked through my personal phone and sent text messages to another coworker pretending to be me. I also found out at one point that I was being paid below base salary. Throughout my time as an employee, rumors circulated that I was sleeping with a male coworker (my only real friend in the office). I was fired without warning right before the holidays and was given no reason other than I wasn't "meeting job expectations"; I believe that I was actually fired because they somehow found out that I was looking for a new job. I definitely was not cut out for the corporate culture, and honestly have little interest in sports or hospitality (by the way, the job title of "Event Coordinator" should be changed to "Travel Agent" or "Hotel Front Desk Liaison" because the job is to book hotel rooms on behalf of families), but regardless, I do not feel as though I was treated with the respect that my colleagues received, and I believe that respect shouldn't be conditional on job performance.

Advice to Management

Actually respect your employees; embrace diversity in your staff; break down cliques and make your staffers feel welcome, even if you have different interests.

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Anthony Travel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the employees are in the same age range (late 20s-30s)

Cons

Not much instruction or help if you are interested in changing departments within the company if you are looking to advance, a lot of turn over, unfriendly work environment

Advice to Management

Do a better job of making people feel they are appreciated.

"Anthony Travel is the best Travel Agency that I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Sports Travel Consultant in Chapel Hill, NC
    Current Employee - Sports Travel Consultant in Chapel Hill, NC

Pros

I have been in the travel business for over 30 years. Anthony Travel by far is the best company that I have ever worked for. Upper management trusts me to do my job without micro- managing me. I have been made to feel that I am of great importance to the company and not just a number. I feel extremely valued by my managers, the CEO of the company, and by the staff and coaches at the college that I book travel for. I enjoy going to work every day, and I plan to stay with the company until I retire.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"It will burn you out"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Anthony Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good young employees straight out of college.
    Casual dress code.
    Resume builder.

Cons

Pay is not good. The only time you make any money is when you are so busy you are stuck in the office until 7/8 pm.

"Bonuses" and benefits are a joke.

Gossip is crazy and unprofessional. A lot of this is by management.

A few senior employees control the whole office. New ideas/methods not considered.

Young employees seem burnt out after 6 months.

Work is boring. Every day is the same.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. There's a reason everyone leaves within a year or two.

"Event Manager"

Current Employee - Event Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Event Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Anthony Travel full-time

Pros

Casual work environment and ability to have balanced life outside peak times

Cons

Gossip and does not live by core values what so ever they are just words. The upper management doesn't listen but to the few long time 9 year employees who bully and treat others poorly.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of the sand and look at people for who they are and what they can help you do rather then being task masters. You are destroying relationships with customers and running people who are tied to athletics away. Notre Dame will eventually stop being the biggest bread and butter along with Diseny if you treat people poorly.

"Event Coordinator"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Wallingford, CT
    Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Wallingford, CT

I worked at Anthony Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ability to work overtime to make additional money.

Cons

The atmosphere was very negative. Management was inconsistent and horrendous. Tasks were menial, and while although they require a college degree I was treated like a child. The work load and effort did not support the salary.

Advice to Management

Use employees strengths and empower them to want to move up in the company. Don't bring them down negatively, micro-manage, nitpick and speak badly about your employees.

"Event Coordinator"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Anthony Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for a first job out of college in an "office setting" this could be the place for you. If you are willing to commit your career to ATI you may be lucky enough to become one of the individuals selected by ATI management as a favorite. These individuals do not do anything to go against the status quo, make recommendations for improvement, or challenge management when wrong. I wish that I had good things to say about this company because the idea behind the business is a great one with a lot of potential.

Cons

Not much opportunity for growth or thinking outside of the box to improve things. Never have I worked at a company where I felt worse about my myself than here (when I am a qualified individual). The value "doing the right thing" is forgotten often. There is a large issue with employee satisfaction and nothing was being done to change that. There is no commitment to putting the customer first and transparency is seriously lacking. Please note that due to the nature and timing of events, all employees should expect not to be able to take any time off beginning at Thanksgiving and extending through New Years.

Advice to Management

Drop the "us against them" mentality and stop stifling your talented employees. Just because an employee asks for more responsibility and how they can improve does not mean that they are gunning for your job. Please please please be more transparent in the interview process and set the expectations for event coordinators that they will be expected to be on the phones in a customer service position for up to 40% of their overall time. This will help to eliminate turnover and will help ATI to get the right employees from the beginning.

11. "Anthony Travel, Inc."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Anthony Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ATI lives by great core values which includes the company mission, goals and culture. ATI also promotes growth from within and provides excellent benefits and perks for employees. This is definitely a family oriented business that is very unique and is also really enjoyable working with sporting events across the nation and internationally.

Cons

ATI tends to have upper management that get too carried away with their titles and like to gossip more than they work. Some of the long-term associates tend to steer away from change and are not adaptable to suggestions and new process'. If compensation was a little more, then the turnover rate would be much less. Overall a great company, just a few flaws that need to be overcome.

Advice to Management

Provide the training needed for the coordinators and customer service to exceed and grow. Collect constructive criticism and make change with suggestions for improvement. Feedback is a gift. Care for all departments (not just the event side) equally within ATI such as Marketing/Accounting/Personnel/IT to ensure the company is developing and moving forward as a whole with recognition.